Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Lahaina Sunset - album by DigiTiki

Pages: 1 2 51 replies

D

Lahaina Sunset COVER med Res I have just released my new solo album "Lahaina Sunset". It is traditional Exotica in the tradition of Arthur Lyman and Gene Rains. Can be purchased here in the Gift Shop (https://digitiki.com). It is available in LP (180 gram, virgin vinyl audiophile pressing) and custom bamboo flash drive (which as multiple versions of the album + 2 bonus tracks not on the LP + 2 "making of" videos and 2 music videos (all in 1080p, stereo) + hi res cover artwork + smart phone wallpapers + printable CD booklet template. Over 6gb of data)

[ Edited by Digitiki on 2023-05-08 11:39:59 ]

D

Oh I forgot--here is photo of the flash drive (I opted for this instead of CD's as i was able to put much more bonus material on it.) Audio files come in the formats (FLAC lossless, Apple Lossless and high res MP3). The drive is carbonized bamboo, laser etched on the gift box and drive itself. Lahaina Sunset Flash Drive Box

[ Edited by Digitiki on 2023-05-08 11:42:08 ]

R

((EDIT: Not sure why this msg posted twice, but hopefully it'll draw people to this post!))

[ Edited by rupe33 on 2023-05-08 11:45:07 ]

R

Preordered the bundle! Looking forward to adding some modern exotica to my turntable, and really adore the tribute to Arthur Lyman's "HAWAIIAN SUNSET." Thanks, DigiTiki!!!

Mahalo, Rupe

will be heading out to you most likely tomorrow! Thanks for your order!

Oh my DAYS - this album is incredible, mate. What a vibe (pun intended!). I can't wait to get my hands on the vinyl and crank it up really loud.

Getting ready to order! The samples sound great.

Help me understand, sometimes I'm not good at making connections LOL Are Digitiki, Mirk Riddle, and Marty Lush the same person?

[ Edited by MadDogMike on 2023-05-09 10:08:39 ]

LOL I have multiple pursonality disorder. LOL Actually "DigiTiki" was my original Tiki Centeral handle--that one was the absolute first. Then when I was in Tikiyaki I invented "Marty Lush" as a stage name for fun (I always thought that name sounded like a washed up Borschtbelt comic). But Mark Riddle is my real name. Martin is my middle name so that's where "Marty" comes in.

My wife has always been on me to use my real name. So since this record is more serious and not a comedy thing, I took her advice. Plus I've been working on other projects with people and I felt it was just time to start taking "ownership" of my work by using my real name. I hope that mish mash made sense LOL.

Makes perfect sense now. We visited Maui in March '22, I'm looking forward to a musical revisit.

MTM

I was fortunate to live in Hawaii in the late 80's early 90's while in the Marines. Looking forward to going back there through your album. I ordered the album but still have to buy a turntable!

Mike, that is dedication to a principle - to buy vinyl before you have the turntable to play it on :) (And thank you for your service)

[ Edited by MadDogMike on 2023-05-10 07:24:47 ]

Went full DIGItiki and ordered the flash drive!

Right on. I think you will dig the bamboo drive! I'm actually packing up orders right now to ship hout. Mahalo for your order!

Awesome! Ordered the bundle! Very, very cool idea to have the bamboo set.

T

Woohoo, I just ordered the bundle! Thanks for all you do Mark/Marty/Digitiki, I always look forward to your podcast and I can't wait to get the vinyl.

Oh man, thank you. Funny thing, I just saw the order notification before I logged on just now. I'll get it boxed up tomorrow and will be going out Monday morning for sure!! I hope you enjoy the album!

Thank you sir, that's fantastic! No rush, although I of course really look forward to it. From the tracks I've heard, the arrangements and mixes sound excellent, and as I'm a musician and recording guy myself, I can't wait to see the "making of" video either. I love that stuff! Can't wait to hear the tracks on vinyl while sipping a nice cocktail. Cheers!

D

Got my copy today and have listened a couple times through. Rich, lush, and beautiful. Loved all the extras, the post card is brilliant 20230515_195717

[ Edited by MadDogMike on 2023-05-15 20:02:03 ]

Thanks for the kind words. I'm really happy you like it. And thanks for posting the pic Great photo!!!

[ Edited by Digitiki on 2023-05-15 20:05:50 ]

I got two in the mail today.

One for me. One will be gift for someone who use to live in Lahaina (they worked at Kimo's).

20230515_213733

[ Edited by King Bushwich the 33rd on 2023-05-15 21:48:40 ]

Ours arrived Monday and we're loving it! Super relaxing and enjoyable tunes. Watched most of the extras and videos already and love the fun packaging and postcard. The album will definitely get a LOT of play in our home bar. Mahalo!

Thank you so much! I'm glad you like the album and I appreciate the post.

Did I get a rare label?IMG_2421

Happy to have seen this. Can't wait for the Get it all! Thanks

I think Tune For Crab Rangoon is my favorite.

LOL Thanks Mike. I had fun with that title.

Ordered my vinyl the other day, can't wait to play it out at live gigs!

Ray, your's is definitely on the way. Should be there this week. I cannot thank you enough for playing the album on your Tiki Tuesdays show! The comments from watchers blew me away! Alotta love!

H
Hamo posted on Mon, May 22, 2023 8:17 PM

Got the email today that my drive is on its way. Can't wait to mix a Captain Lush's Grog and listen to the whole album.

H
Hamo posted on Tue, May 30, 2023 6:56 PM

I really love the album, digitiki. Thank you. So far, some of my favorite tracks are White Lotus and The Old Fishing Village, and Lahaina Hula. Can't decide if I prefer them with or without ambience--but with both versions on the drive, I guess I don't really have to fret.

Right on thanks Hamo!!

I received the the USB drive and just listed to the whole album.

Oh Mark, WOW! GENE RAINS LIVES! The master has been reincarnated inside the brain of Mark Riddle. I love this album. Road to Hana is my favorite. The beginning swept me off my feet. (You had me at Hello.)

On behalf of all of your fans, let me say the obvious - - WE WANT MORE! I really hope you will create another album in the Gene Rains style. Special request - Quiet Village in that slow, mellow style.

A couple of questions. Will you be putting together a group to perform live at Tiki Caliente, Circa Caliente, etc.?

Also, please tell us about the music videos: filming locations, who shot and edited the videos, etc. The videography is exquisite. I was particularly struck by how the video selections for the Path of the Wind music video matched perfectly.

One more question, Mark. Did I detect the "locked hands style" popularized by George Shearing on the album? That has always struck me as sounding like a piano and vibes playing in unison, while it is really just the left and right hand playing in unison on the piano. If you did not use this technique, I think it is worth exploring.

Wow Boom Boom Boom! I cannot thank you enough for the kind words. The videos were made using stock video mostly and I edited them myself. Some were my own video shots. It was hard to piece together something as etherial and exotic with just my own shots LOL.
As for performing, I haven't planned yet, although Rory from Caliente is wnating me to. I'm just affraid that my music would put people to sleep LOL.

i am a fan of that Shearing sound. There may have been a few passages where I was doubled with piano, but it wasn't totally intentional.

D

If anyone is attending LA Exotikon, I will be holding a Meet n' Grope Friday (first evening of the event) at 8pm in the Shag Shack. Stop by, say hi. I will also have LPs and flash drives for sale too if you haven't already got one.

I'm also going to be part of a panel discussion on Exotica Saturday early afternoon. and performing with Jason Lee and the dark Entities Friday at 4:30pm. whew. Busy weekend!

[ Edited by Digitiki on 2023-06-14 13:08:39 ]

[ Edited by Digitiki on 2023-06-14 13:09:20 ]

D

I will be vending and schmoozing at LA's Exotikon Friday 6/23 at 8pm in the Shag Shack.
If you're attending, stop by, say Aloha and buy an LP or flash drive!

Digitiki, have you considered a digital only release for your album, for those of us, you know, whose wives think we have too much physical stuff already but wouldn't notice some extra files on our computer? :)

There is a digital release, its on a flash drive--doesn't take up much room & the drive is reusable for computer files.

There is a digital release, its on a flash drive--doesn't take up much room & the drive is reusable for computer files.

You don't have to tell me twice! /wink

Looking forward to hearing the whole thing -- everything I have heard so far on the podcast I have enjoyed immensely. Thank you!

[ Edited by ClayBouTiki on 2023-07-30 16:10:12 ]

Ordered the Bamboo Flash Drive yesterday, can’t wait to hear the album. I love listening to the radio station and the podcast.

[ Edited by Gamerbiomek2 on 2023-08-03 17:15:35 ]

Thanks Gamerbiomek2! Yours is on its way.

H
Hamo posted on Tue, Aug 22, 2023 10:18 PM

If you've been listening to Quiet Village Radio recently, you'll know that Digitiki is donating 100% of profits from this album to help the people of Lahaina. If you haven't yet gotten his excellent entry into exotica, doing so before August 31 will also support to a good cause.

D

Thank you Hamo! I also want to thank everyone who purchased a copy last month. I’m putting the total together and will donate to the Red Cross’s Maui efforts in the next few days!!

Just a quick note to let everyone know that "Lahaina Sunset" is now available on Bandcamp. https://markriddle.bandcamp.com/album/lahaina-sunset

Other streaming platforms coming soon!

Just bought your House of Bamboo track there! Thank you for making it available on Bandcamp!

Pages: 1 2 51 replies