Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Disney Tikis

Pages: 1 7 replies

My wife and I went to Disney's California Adventure yesterday to see the Beach Boys (good show, BTW). One of the shops on Paradise Pier, Point Mugu Tattoo has a bunch of Lilo and Stitch stuff, grass skirts, Tiki nodders, coasters, magnets, Hula girl and guy bobbers, etc. (looked like Accoutrements stuff mostly, but it's nice to see in a store).
Outside the shop is a side area where you can get a picture with Lilo and Stitch, and a little L & S craft area for the kids. There were a few carved Tikis around, but the best was one carved into the craft area's beam: a Stitch Tiki! Very cool, and of course I didn't have my camera :(
We go fairly often, so I'll take pics next time and post them, unless someone beats me to it.

Patrick McNeal

[ Edited by: Biotron2000 on 2002-07-15 15:03 ]

Excellent! I've also spotted Toes on the Nose tiki shirts in Mugu Tattoo...

And don't forget the little Don The Beachcombers display at Hollywood and Dine.

~Hanford

And don't forget the little Don The Beachcombers display at Hollywood and Dine.

~Hanford

Missed that...or maybe didn't know I did, being a neophyte Tiki-phile and all...what should I look for in that shop?

Thanks,

Hollywood and Dine is an indoor food court set on a soundstage. it's in the waaaaaaaay corner of the park over by the Superstar Limo ride (but farther).

The soundstage had 4 or 5 different types of food and they've built "sets" of different classic Hollywood eaterys, one of them being Don the Beachcombers. So, go in there and look for the Bamboo/Tiki section. On the wall is a display case. I have some photos of it; I'll see if I can dig them up and post them on the web...

~Hanford

According to Miehana, Hollywood and Dine is no more. T'was really hidden, and nobody found it. That Aloha shirt with the Don The Beachcomber label was really nice...

**Poly-Pop ***

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop 2013-02-04 20:19 ]

your best bet would be to go to the park on one of their more crowded days, like the next hoilday or 3 day weekend. If they're going to open it up it's going to be for big crowds. My guess is they haven't really torn it down; they just closed it until the crowds get bigger (it's still listed on their website, and their website it usually pretty good about being up to date)

~hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2002-07-17 13:04 ]

Well, I haven't had a chance to get down to DCA lately, but I found these neat Stitch Tiki pics, from the park and the El Capitan premiere:

More pics and info:
Here and here.

Patrick McNeal

[ Edited by: Biotron2000 on 2002-08-21 20:50 ]

[ Edited by: Biotron2000 on 2002-08-21 20:52 ]

Pages: 1 7 replies