Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Beyond Tiki Finds

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1,194 replies

While looking for Tiki, I inevitably find other stuff that either " I can't live without" or is "too good a deal to pass up". Here's a couple of those finds:
Pretty kool glass set for $2.00!

I was stoked to score this Schaefer bar caddy that matches my kool bar clock/light.

That's it for now. I'll keep wasting time & gas looking for this stuff. It's what I do!

L

On 2009-02-10 20:45, Big Kahuna wrote:
While looking for Tiki, I inevitably find other stuff that either " I can't live without" or is "too good a deal to pass up". Here's a couple of those finds:
Pretty kool glass set for $2.00!

Hey BK I have these as well. Found 4 of them for around the same price. And I have also seen a shaker with this design.
Pretty cool

I'd love to find the shaker!

On 2009-01-27 17:54, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:
I was just combing my local beach when I find this...not the quarter.

looks like someones dog got a tooth knocked out playin frisbee on the beach!!!.......

TS

my better half and I found this at the flea market, and she fell in love with it.

A small portable coffee set. 2 of each; cups, saucers, spoons, and lidded containers presumably for powdered creamer and sugar. The mini perculator works too!
It was a little dirty, but cleaned up well...not bad for $17....

8T

My first Presidential Autograph-- found at a local flea this weekend. It is from a service club dinner in Independence, MO where Mr. Truman lived before and after serving as President. At first, I figured it was a facsimile.

The inside had the menu and program where they listed him as a guest so I knew he must have been there....Hmmm could this be real?

Then I checked the back and discovered that it was set up as a hassle free way for Mr. Truman to attend and still give out autographs to those who wanted one. Not a bad way of doing that.

Now that I have convinced myself it is genuine, I felt alright with paying the $3.50 price. Deal-o-the-day!!!

Tom, great score. That is one kool set. 8ft, nice score, as well. $3.50's not bad for one of the top 5 rated presidents!

D

estate sale finds: a dollar each for vintage TV Grog Mix & Vermouth, 2 boxes of Mai Tai Mix, vintage glassware and a fake witco rooster.

the guy had a "Jug Room" and lots old barware and many empty decanters, mostly Canadian Whiskey things.

Attached to this...

D

crab shell shaped monkeypod salad set! just 10 bux.

BK

One of the guys in my car club said he had no room for this & it was gonna go in the trash if I didn't take it. So, I took it! My 13 year old son wants to put it in his room under his blue spaghetti swag lamp. He'll probably get it.

L

Oh wow that is killer! How could anyone toss that!?!
Super jealous of that telephone table BK!

[ Edited by: leleliz 2009-03-08 21:13 ]

TS

BK...that chair is the sheit!!!!!! Man, nice score!

It's huge. 60" by 24" made of fiberglass and looks like it was jacked from a Greek temple.

From my kitchen the TAPPAN FABULOUS 400 with the VISUALITE glass and ROLL-OUT-HOOD. Works perfect even the rotisserie and looks like it was designed for a space station.

Thanks for looking.

"Anyone who has ever seen them is thereafter haunted as if by a feverish dream" Karl Woermann

[ Edited by: uncle trav 2009-03-11 18:14 ]

On 2009-03-08 19:46, Big Kahuna wrote:
One of the guys in my car club said he had no room for this & it was gonna go in the trash if I didn't take it. So, I took it! My 13 year old son wants to put it in his room under his blue spaghetti swag lamp. He'll probably get it.

that's frikken awesome!

On 2009-03-01 15:40, dogbytes wrote:
crab shell shaped monkeypod salad set! just 10 bux.

Great looking set there Elicia,
my Mom would love those.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Uncle Trav, I am insanely jealous of that stove!!! Food has to taste better when its cooked on that! You are very lucky!! WOW!!!

Holy crap, Trav! What a great stove!

The Fabulous 400 is lookin mighty fine there Uncle Trav! I agree the food has GOT to taste better cooked on that. Looking forward to tasting some this summer!

Love your,
Sissy

Thanks for all of the nice comments guys. Sissy we can't wait for your visit. I'll throw some poo poo platters on the Fab 400. Then we can enjoy them on the 1958 dinette.

By the built in clock in the kitchen it's time for a little after dinner nip in the living room.

Watch the two foot high fish swim on the wall.

And then downstairs to the Hukilau Lounge for cocktails. Here's the common stuff but I'll bust out the good stuff for you.

Every thing found in the wild. Sorry for the long post but I have a bit of cabin fever and thought I'd get it out of my system. Thanks for checking out my finds.

NICE!

The house is looking great Uncle Trav. A true labor of love. Thanks for the pictures, I can't wait to see all of your new finds. You know I've realized why it's always sunny in your kitchen, its the reflection off the Fabulous 400 I'm sure. Next stop the purple bathroom! See you soon.

TS

Found a couple of cool things...First is a 1930's-1940's griddle. I read that this "HeatMaster" brand was sold at Sears throughout the 20's, through the 50's

It cleaned up nicely, and it works! $5 find

And since I have a love for mid-century and ranch houses i picked these up:

two mid century booklets on ranch house styles, and floorplans. 48pages

Not much in the way of tiki today, but I did score a few sci-fi pulp fiction books from the 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's...

Later,

PTD

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2009-03-22 11:26 ]

That's Fantastic and Amazing!

N

I found a few interesting postcards this week and these ones made the grade.

First is a volcanic eruption that came with a small packet of real lava rock for a tactile experience.

Next is an astronaut showing kids the wonders of Kaiser Aluminum in Tomorrowland.

From Anaheim is The Cosmic Age Lodge, on the back is boasts "all the convience of The Space Age". When they perfect time travel I'm so there if only for the swag lamps.

[ Edited by: naugatiki 2009-04-04 14:44 ]

T

Got three of these great Eames Shell chairs by Herman Miller for free. Only showing two in the photo, because I took the photo before we were given the third one..

One has the original label dated December 1967

Three Eames chairs for FREE?!?! How'd you do that? Wow. I'm really jealous.

T

My husband found the first two in a storage closet at work and the boss said go ahead and take them. A few days later he told him he found another one and asked if he wanted that one also..

L

On 2009-04-20 07:25, TIKI DAVID wrote:

SO I have actually BEEN to Fantasy Fest....perhaps I have a few posters as momentos as well :wink:

On 2009-04-08 14:55, tikipaka wrote:
My husband found the first two in a storage closet at work and the boss said go ahead and take them. A few days later he told him he found another one and asked if he wanted that one also..

Dang! That's amazing. And lucky for you!

L

I collect those 1970s lucite/glass ball grape looking swag lamps. Today I found this pineapple which I have never seen for $2.00 (it needs to be washed!):

anybody know anything about ,'C. JERE'?

"Pets are welcome,Children 'MUST' be on leash" TD

it's hard to get a good pic of this thing

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2009-04-24 13:38 ]

$750 for that heap of junk, what sort of weirdo would pay money for that.....wait..hold on, is what I just though there, what non-tiki people think about tiki when they see it go for high price?

WOW. thanks tiki shaker.

L

I have 2 of the wall sculptures. 1 of birds and another of discs. You can find them on EBay all the time because the person selling it always spells the name wrong - that's how I found mine anyways!

Hope you got a good deal on it!

TD

FINALLY! I've been looking for one of these for a long time.

MN

Not bad for a Mexican tasting beer from Guatamala.

Found this table and chair set on craigslist. Has a butterfly leaf. All chairs in great shape and no rust anywhere. A cool $100.00.

KK

these worth anything?

L

I know for sure the one on the right is Marwal so I assume the left one is as well:as far as price they vary and can sell low or high depending. Check eBay under marwal. Lots of people on here have them but they are still somewhat rare to find in excellent condition.

T

MAHALO ! , i'll check it out .....or just list em and see what happens!

Picked up a few things for the house today...some outrageous lamps and end tables for the living room...

An an interesting toy from the 50's....

The toy is fun stuff...:) Move the little handle back and forth and her hips move back and forth.

KK

"The loveliest fleet of islands that lies anchored in any ocean" Mark Twain on Hawaii

[ Edited by: Kamaina Kraig 2009-05-09 09:21 ]

L

I collect atomic lamps..actually I am a lamp fanatic!

Loving those new finds Kraig. Estate sale?

BK

DAYUM! Holy crap Kraig! Where are you scoring this stuff!?!?

The lamps were found in a little antique shop in a small village upstate NY...they were buried in the back of the carriage house. We are looking for new table for the lamps. They kind of overpower the tables.

The cute little hula dancer was at a garage sale this morning.

KK

"The loveliest fleet of islands that lies anchored in any ocean" Mark Twain on Hawaii

[ Edited by: Kamaina Kraig 2009-05-09 16:58 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1194 replies