Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Beyond Tiki Finds

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1,194 replies

L

On 2009-08-12 19:56, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:

Please tell me he has jackalopes.

Yup :)

this should go nicely in a tiki room,
I'm thinking of recovering it in leopard.

"Pets are welcome,Children 'MUST' be on leash" TD

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2009-08-16 09:58 ]

L

Yes leopard...that is an awesome chair!

OMG! Yes, leopard. Fantastic chair! Here's a little something that a friend of mine gave me.

Marwal. This was sitting in a neighbor's house and she said - whoa, Kiki would love that. So he gave it to her for me!
She ahs a little ding in her eyebrow, but other than that, really good condition. Would it be blasphemous to touch up her paint there?

Retro Modern Wahine ~ blog, etsy link, and more!

[ Edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-08-20 12:02 ]

Added another one to the robot collection...

Remco Lost In Space B9!

Later!

PTD

Picked up a coupla cool books, today, First, the wife grabbed this Victory Edition Wartime cookbook, c 1943, dedicated to General MacArthur!

Second, I grabbed this America's Greatest Home Plans book with a bunch of killer Atomic Ranch plans & color images.:

Very cool book & well worth the 5 bucks I paid for it.

[ Edited by: Big Kahuna 2009-08-23 20:38 ]

Rick,

Keeping with the building plan theme, I found this Sunset Book last week...

Might even get around to building one of the smaller A-Frames in my backyard someday!

I also found a box of someone's old 8MM home movies, so next month, when it cools down I will be having another Home Movie night outside on the patio. I probably have around 200 or so reels of other people's home movies. Fun to watch and a window into the past for sure!

Due to the volume of Exotica and Hawaiian albums I have been buying lately, I needed somewhere to store the albums I am listening to and rotating them out. This record stand should do the trick!

Later,

PTD

Scored these cool postcards of a couple of Detroits finest concept cars. Thought they were worth a buck & a half apiece & worthy of this thread.

Anyone know anything about these?...

They were so scary I couldn't pass them up. Marked on the back as FW43.

Later,

PTD

L

On 2009-09-06 13:09, Psycho Tiki D wrote:
Anyone know anything about these?...

YOu sure these aren't lamp bases? Does the hole in them come out the bottom to allow for a cord?

TD

a couple 'twisty'
counter stools
and a couple vintage LANE side tables.the tops were a mess ,I had to refinish both.

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2009-09-08 15:47 ]

OK, who can put a name to the designer/artist/maker of this piece?

L

I think my next vacation I am going to come up to Ohio David and hit some estate sales with ya!

Love that spaghetti lamp.

vintage ,from the 70's FUJI SPORT 10

and this,you tell me...

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2009-09-23 16:44 ]

On 2009-09-23 16:16, leleliz wrote:
I think my next vacation I am going to come up to Ohio David and hit some estate sales with ya!

Love that spaghetti lamp.

got a deal! I would love to 'team shop' some of these sales.

great 50's bar ,and 2 stools

L

I NEED that bar David! awesome awesome find!

Hey, TD! I think I've figured out your secret. You're not actually finding this stuff, now! You've got a time machine & you're going back & buying at 1959 prices & bringing it back with you! Gotcha, didn't I? I am right, huh?

SHHHHHH! Big Kahuna, My way back machine is only a 2 seater. now everyone will want to go.LIZ , a shot of the back.

LIZ, you know this does come apart for easy shipping.I took it apart to get it home
wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2009-09-25 14:10 ]

L

On 2009-09-25 14:08, TIKI DAVID wrote:
LIZ, you know this does come apart for easy shipping.I took it apart to get it home
wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

Oh David you tempt me so!

A nice pair of chairs and a cool lamp from a thrift store

A Siesta Ware mug

And a couple of cool wine decanters for a buck at a yard sale

"The loveliest fleet of islands that lies anchored in any ocean" Mark Twain on Hawaii

[ Edited by: Kamaina Kraig 2009-09-26 13:10 ]

Found this today...

Mailing Souvenir from Fabulous Finocchio's 506 Broadway, San Franciso California.

Dude looks like a lady! More about this place here:

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0oGkks1_8hKAioBcVNXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTByamR1NnFoBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNgRjb2xvA3NrMQR2dGlkAw--/SIG=1222n2l3v/EXP=1254772917/**http%3a//www.queermusicheritage.us/oct2002f.html

Sadly, I never made it there!

PTD

I found this piece of groovy art at a street sale in Clovis, CA, last weekend...

It's about a foot and a half high and is from 1970.
The guy selling it said it was by a carver in Grover Beach, CA. The seller's wife had banished it to the garage. It was covered in thick dust and had apparently been "sprayed" by a cat - I found this out the hard way while initially cleaning it! Some elbow grease and some wax paste seems to have brought it back to life.

Went out hunting at the thrift stores today and found a couple of things.

First a great shell boat honey

Next a couple of Benihana mugs

And a groovy book with cocktail foods with attitude

Good hunting everyone!!

W

I thought some of yous might appreciate the look of this folding aluminum and cedar patio furniture rocker I picked up for $4. I think the lines are really swell. I gave it to some friends for their deck but they liked it so much that it's staying indoors.

T

Found this today!

And you just knock a few pins out and fold it up.. Sweeeeet!

With build in bottle opener and hand towel holder..

Happy, happy, happy.. :D :D

L

Tikipaka super jealous!

Found where? At an Estate sale or CL?

its awesome!

T

Thanks Leleliz, but we found it in a CS..

8T

Mrs 8FT's Christmas gift.
Found at a flea show. You shoulda seen the looks I got carrying this out of the building! Some pity, some envy.

The base has a cheap little florist foam block and plastic flowers in it. It needs to go. Does anyone know what originally could have been there or have suggestions as to what would look better there? Thanks

I would bet that originally it was meant for plastic foliage. You could fill it with those colored glass bead things but I think some fresh plastic plants would be more fitting to the era of the lamp. Great find.

H

I love the look of old plastic plants, they give the piece a vintage look. I like this lamp I think it will look great in the right spot.

L

Hey 8ft plastic flowers DID go in there. I have a pic somewhere of one of those type of lamps filled with flowers from a catalog.

If i find it I will get it on here.

Killer lamp though!

8T

On 2010-01-10 21:08, leleliz wrote:
Hey 8ft plastic flowers DID go in there. I have a pic somewhere of one of those type of lamps filled with flowers from a catalog.

If i find it I will get it on here.

Killer lamp though!

Thank you thank you. We really were hoping someone may have a pic. in an old catalog. I guess we will sit tight and wait for your photo if it surfaces!

You could fill the lamp base with wooden fruit to match the wood up near the shade. Toss in some wooden pineapples for a tropical theme.

L

I just found this in a thrift store in the kids toy section.

Its from 1972 and I thought it was just a kid's game of checker's to use on the floor.

Until I saw it was 2 adults in the picture. And that it was intended for Swingers!

That's right strip checkers ! Each of the game pieces has an article of clothing on it-black for the guys and red ones for the girls.
Oh and the checkerboard is fur!

Brillant!

[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-01-23 21:50 ]

:blush:

T

Nice one Leleliz, it's a win win playing that game. :lol:

Also, let's see the items on the red ones for the ladies to remove.. Might have to swap a few items.. Not to many tie wearing men these days..

[ Edited by: tikipaka 2010-01-24 01:59 ]

So if you lose your ginch checker how are you supposed to take em off if you still have your shoes and pants on? This is an important matter that has been troubling me.

On 2010-01-24 11:35, Sweet Daddy Tiki wrote:
So if you lose your ginch checker how are you supposed to take em off if you still have your shoes and pants on? This is an important matter that has been troubling me.

LOL

L

I actually have already sold this set for a pretty large profit but here are a pic of the girl/red checkers.

I like the one for wrist watch and girdle. I guess in the 70s everyone wore both!

Pioneer Club rocks glass. Minty condition, $1.00. Love the old Vegas stuff

L

On 2010-02-07 11:39, dewey-surf wrote:

Pioneer Club rocks glass. Minty condition, $1.00. Love the old Vegas stuff

I found a pair of those here for about the same price. I then resold them for $25 online.

I have to admit...i miss those glasses. The pioneer club stuff is pretty collectible.

Great find :)

R

Just found this outrageous tu-tone hand mixer from the early 60's. Gotta love the jet intake.

Shape looks kinda familiar... where have I seen it before????

TS

hahaha, robo! Nice find! I'm still kicking myself in the ass for not picking up one of the most outrageous mixers I ever saw at a flea market a few months back.

Yummy!

A glass flounder?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1194 replies