Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Beyond Tiki Finds

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1,194 replies

Sharks eggs sack thing ?

On 2010-02-12 18:42, uncle trav wrote:
Sharks eggs sack thing ?

Yup. A sharks egg sac. Maybe a swell shark. They grow about 4 feet long. I think I'll wear it as a necklace like Missy Giove wore a piranha. :)

On 2010-02-12 19:40, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:

On 2010-02-12 18:42, uncle trav wrote:
Sharks eggs sack thing ?

Yup. A sharks egg sac. Maybe a swell shark. They grow about 4 feet long. I think I'll wear it as a necklace like Missy Giove wore a piranha. :)

It's also called a mermaid's purse!

I guess oceanography class in high school down in Florida was good for something after all.

Found these guys, today:
Pinhead, Beady-Eye Bernie & Manny The Masher

Rockin' Ronnie, Rocko & Herculouse

post this under the "one that got away" file:
last year while on vacation in acapulco, we toured an old run down resort & i stumbled upon this delicious heap of "junk" in a stairwell. i asked the guide about it & he said "that's like garbage, you can have it if you want".
there were a few other pieces scattered around the property as well...unreal.
needless to say it wouldnt fit in my luggage & my time was limited so i left it behind, in all of its' dilapidated midcentury glory....it was muy painful! if there had been a bird chair in the lot i would've found a way to get it home fo sho!

[ Edited by: bigbadtikidaddy 2010-02-15 17:38 ]

TS

Its been a long while since I posted here, but I did get another Vday gift from my better half... I watched these on ebay for 5 days...And just like usual, someone decided the last day to bid...I did the attempt snipe move, as did my girl(without my knowledge). Haha, needless to say she won them under $16, and they are now going to go on my classic breweriana shelf. They are a set of 6 Budweiser beer shot tumblers with the old school bowtie logo and gold trimmed lip in the original box. They called them crested barrel tumblers, but I'll just call them cool as hell! They appear to never have been used. The font on the box is really cool looking too!

Bamboo "Budweiser" Ben would probably get a kick outta these lil suckers!

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2010-02-21 10:19 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2010-02-21 10:18 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2010-02-21 10:18 ]

Found this photo album on Saturday with twenty signed astronaut 8 x 10 photos in it. All original NASA photos and a close inspection and a bit of research looks like all are original signatures. Not bad for twenty bucks. The woman at the cash register couldn't believe it was sitting in her shop and she didn't notice it before.

WHOA! :o What a great score Trav! I'll bet that's worth a wee bit more than 20 bucks!

TD

Franco Albini Rattan stool,

and a NISSEN(denmark) teak ice bucket'

scored these awesome lamps today......

TS

Tipsy, those are sweet!!!! Congrats on the find!

My new groovalicious lamp that my darling girlfriend bought for me for my long awaited birthday present. We just installed it and added a dimmer switch so we can control the ambiance. I absolutely love it!

WOW! Does she have a sister?

Yes she does, but sadly she is taken too. But wow, what a great lamp huh? :) I enjoy it daily.

That's prolly for the best. My wife gets really bitchy whenever I bring home extra women! :D

T

Couldn't find a lot of information on this here I believe it's a Frank Oda glass brick

bottom of the frame says Made in Hawaii, mahogany wood

Anybody know anything about these?

That's freakin' hilarious! Your own special Trek mix.

GK

BUD /BUD LIGHT advertising

'GAETANO SCIOLARI' for LIGHTOLIER 60'S CHANDALIER

"Pets are welcome,Children 'MUST' be on leash" TD

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2010-03-29 08:01 ]

L

Killer chandeliers David! Esp like the last one!

scored this today ,no idea what to do with it . but it was so neat,I had to get it.
stainless steel

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2010-03-27 13:23 ]

another Gaetano Scoilari for Lightolier chandelier

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2010-03-29 08:02 ]

TK

wow that looked SHARP!

A few finds this month that made the grade.

A lamp that looks like the bumper of my first car, it doesn't go with the drapes but we'll work on that.

Time to drink

Naugatiki, Keep the drapes, they're great.

On 2010-03-31 13:37, drgoat456 wrote:
Naugatiki, Keep the drapes, they're great.

They'll have to go in another room this one is slowly mutating into the early 70s and they're 50s.

Yep definetly '50s. I was born in 50 and my parents had a linoleum floor that looked very similar to that pattern. I think I have an old photo, I'll post when I find it.

T

Picked up this shag Rya rug a couple of weeks ago.. What do you think? It was realllllly dirty. But I'll have to post more photos once it's been cleaned and put in my room..

Yeah, it doesn't look like much, but it's a diamond in the ruff for sure!

:o :o
Just found this one up on Ebay asking $1100.. And it's a smaller one.. Ours is a 8' x 11'..

http://cgi.ebay.com/orAngE-eAmEs-PaNToN-rYA-era-POp-mOD-sPace-dAnISH-RUG-XL_W0QQitemZ250534238644QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a550119b4

[ Edited by: tikipaka 2010-04-11 02:40 ]

TD

L

David that seriously made me jump when i scanned down really quick!

TS

haha @ Liz! I was about to ask if it were a party mask made out of blow molded plastic, like the old halloween masks from Ben Cooper, but upon looking deeper, I can make the bed of a truck out!? Was this an old Carnival prop? Fill us in!

TD

this was my first pic,standing on the tailgate .but no size perspective ,so I switched it around.

I got from a garage sale ,it was in the back .when I saw I had to have it.
NO IDEA what to do with it ,but I had to have it!
it is vacu-formed plastic and says'TARGET' on the bottom edge.most likely some kind of display.
but it is sooooo creepy ,isn't it?

BK

Thanks, in advance, for the nightmares, TD!

If your house has a high peak, display for all to see. Not only will it keep those darned neighborhood kids away, but also furry singing animals, burglars, and overall any oxygen breathing life forms.

found this today ,love it ,but I can not find a thing about it.I tried all the sites could not find a match. anyone have a clue?

It's upholstered,but not padded, so I would think coffee table,not ottoman.

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2010-04-17 16:04 ]

ok, any lens experts in here?
what the hell is this?

there are thumb screws on the uprights to adjust the lens up and down.
but no tilt.

Is that one of those "solar cooker" things they used to make where you would suspend some food in the middle of the reflector and it would focus the sun's rays on the food and cook/destroy it?

J

On 2010-04-09 17:55, TIKI DAVID wrote:
it is vacu-formed plastic and says'TARGET' on the bottom edge.most likely some kind of display.

Why yes, it is creepy. That'll keep the kids away from your house on Halloween. Heck, it'll probably keep them off your block!

A friend of mine has one of these. It is from Target, and was a store display for their Halloween merchandise 2 years ago (I think). They were either hung from the ceiling or attached to a side wall.

On 2010-04-18 10:38, TIKI DAVID wrote:
what the hell is this?

It kinda looks like a lens from an old lighthouse. Lighthouses had several large lenses around its lamp to focus the light into beams that could be seen at great distances through mist and fog.

On 2010-04-18 10:38, TIKI DAVID wrote:
what the hell is this?

its a computer screen made for a Blind person.
My dad needs one of them,
hes got his lap top on his belly and he still can barely read it.

Jeff(btd)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2010-04-20 21:18 ]

thanks guys on the lens guess,but I found the answer.
It is a antique TV screen collector/magnifier.
You would set it in front of your little 12" tv screen and you could watch from across the room.

L

On 2010-04-09 17:55, TIKI DAVID wrote:

Hey David...

There were 3 of these in the "series".

Here is a pic I have of them on display in a store window. The clown, Princess, and clown/fireman:

YOU....LIZ, are steely eyed researcher !!
I do like the clown best .

L

I try :)

Its always cool to find something that seems like a one-off and then discover that there is a duplicate of it somewhere out there.....and that it had more in the series

I agree...the clown is the best!

TS

That Liz, I tell ya!...Needles in haystacks have nothing on her! :D I gotta post a pic of a couple somethings I picked up. I am a cheapskate and only look for stuff usually under $20( because I'm not rich, AND we make a game out of what we can score on the cheap, only IF it is cool :wink: )...I still cannot find much of flamingo stuff, but when one appears, it is costly, usually way above the $20 mark. I'm always looking though, and my girl also keeps her eyes scanning. Pic coming soon.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1194 replies