Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Beyond Tiki Finds

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1,194 replies

J

Moderna Muerte has those masks for sale in their Etsy store. They sold the clown one, but the other two are priced at $500 each!

L

On 2010-04-22 10:30, JonPez wrote:
Moderna Muerte has those masks for sale in their Etsy store. They sold the clown one, but the other two are priced at $500 each!

Yup that's where I jacked the pic from!

TD

1954 Stromberg Carlson Empire 21 paired with a 2000 RCA. Might have been nice if the original guts were in the cabinet when I bought it, but likely the result would have been the same.

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2010-05-14 10:20 ]

N

Two walnut speaker cabinets.

Add side rails, shelves and a little sprucing and you get two mid-century modernish display cabinets.

Nancy

L

On 2010-05-13 16:06, TIKI DAVID wrote:

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2010-05-14 10:20 ]

Jesus Christ David!! totally not fair-- you know how badly I want one of these bars and the ones around here never work out when I try to buy them

I am super jealous!

As everyone keeps begging you..ROAD TRIP TO CALIFORNIA ALREADY!!!!

mushroom stools

T

OK, I haven't been on here in a while, so I wanted to post these Dahlquist speakers we received for free.

And here is a picture showing the rug we picked up from page 37 here.. Wow was these baby dirty, dirty, dirty.. Looks great now..

[ Edited by: Tikipaka 2010-05-29 01:49 ]

"Pets are welcome,Children 'MUST' be on leash" TD

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2010-05-31 09:42 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2010-07-14 04:18 ]

TS

1961 Ronson Shaver CFL Mark II

with original receipt, owners manual, and coupons for servicing.

UT

Man! That is one kick ass shaver. Great find. I love it!

T
TikiG posted on Wed, Jun 2, 2010 4:05 PM

Nice shaver and goodies!

I have one of those atomic Ronson electric shavers, but it comes in a different case. I bought mine at a church rummage sale in Riverside, CA years ago.

Unfortunately none of the paper goodies came with it, and its missing the cord.
The shaver itself is clean and damage free.

I first saw a picture of one of these in the book "POPULUXE" by Thomas Hine.

If anybody wants to trade for it, PM me. G

TS

On 2010-06-02 16:05, TikiG wrote:
Nice shaver and goodies!

I first saw a picture of one of these in the book "POPULUXE" by Thomas Hine.

That is EXACTLY what inspired me to search for a complete working one, under $15...It took some time, but persistence prevailed.

Thanks for the compliments on the find. Now if I could only find replacement screens for backup, I'd be golden and less scared to use it! It is in almost new condition, aside from a small(but to the wire), crack in the cord around the shaver end adaptor. Didn't scare me enough to not try it out though! haha

UT

Picked this up today. 1939 World's Fair "Saturn lamp" in pink frosted depression glass and in great shape. Good old thrift store find. I hope this one will help out my layoff economic situation as these are fairly rare.

L

Trav killer find fella!!

T
TikiG posted on Thu, Jun 3, 2010 4:46 PM

My GOD!! THAT IS ONE KILLER LAMP :o Thanks for sharing!

UT

Picked up a few programs for the Cubs today. The ones shown date from 1965, 66, 67. I loved the artwork on these. The last pic is of the backs as they are all the same.

Ahhhhh Old Style! No finer brew to yak up after a stop at White Castle.

TB

Aloha, :)
Since I don't know what topic to choose I think I'm gonna do it here :wink:
I know it's not tiki... but I really love this serigraphy I found in a fleemarket : the Don quichotte.

and I just found this lamp also :

M

That is such a cool lamp. Great find, Baï!

N

I got this about 2-3 years ago. I thought I'd share as it is my best thrift store find.

Marked Brown-Saltman desk. It's bleached mahogany veneer. In really good shape with just a cigar/cigarette burn on the top.

I'm going to make my fellow Camarillans jealous as I found this at Goodwill for $40. Yes, that's not a typo.

It was like buying a genuine $100 bill for $4.95.

Got a Brown-Saltman night stand too.

So incredible finds are still out there.

Scored a free box of 40 records yesterday.

My two faves are...

The funnest/funniest is..

other stuff

Also, Meddle & ..And then there were three.

All of it is very minty.

lol@ "Classy Freddy Blassie"...That is older than old skool wrestling! Late 70s to early 80s were a trip, musically speaking! So much confusion, even pro wrestlers had albums!ha hah hah.

8T

Sometimes a hot summer day pushes ol' Santas out to the garage sales.
Just $3 for the pair. HO HO HO

TK

hmm... santas look like they are having an enema.

TD

"Pets are welcome,Children 'MUST' be on leash" TD

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2010-07-14 04:17 ]

Just got this great vintage TV lamp by Kron. Looks good sitting on the hi-fi console.

Nice mirrored mid century shelf found today. Get a load of the skull decal in the middle of it, talk about painting a mustache on the Moan Lisa.

L

On 2010-07-17 10:47, naugatiki wrote:
Nice mirrored mid century shelf found today. Get a load of the skull decal in the middle of it, talk about painting a mustache on the Moan Lisa.

jealous!

where found and for how much?

Love the set of these I have but have wanted a set with a design (not a skull) on the sides like yours. Glad they are still out there!

It was from a yard sale that had been going on all week. Every other day I crawled the car by it but had been disappointed my the mostly tools there and today- bingo. They wanted $10 for it but because of the skull I offered $7 and the woman was glad to sell it. The back says it was made at The Illinois Molding Co Nov 1962.

L

awesome! you should be able to get that decal off...rubbing alcohol and a razor blade and patience I am thinking.

great shelf!

On 2010-07-17 19:40, leleliz wrote:
awesome! you should be able to get that decal off...rubbing alcohol and a razor blade and patience I am thinking.

great shelf!

That could potentially scratch the glass surface. I'm a sign maker, and I say get you an old credit card (or one of those thin ones they send you in the mail to entice you to sign up) and get some Goo Gone. The Goo Gone is citrus based and when poured on to the decal, let it sit so that it draws up the vinyl. Lightly scrape the edges to get it off, should take about an hour or so to do. Wipe clean with Windex and it will be good as new.

On 2010-07-20 08:22, Unkle John wrote:

On 2010-07-17 19:40, leleliz wrote:

great shelf!

That could potentially scratch the glass surface. I'm a sign maker, and I say get you an old credit card (or one of those thin ones they send you in the mail to entice you to sign up) and get some Goo Gone. The Goo Gone is citrus based and when poured on to the decal, let it sit so that it draws up the vinyl. Lightly scrape the edges to get it off, should take about an hour or so to do. Wipe clean with Windex and it will be good as new.

I ended up soaking it in Ronsonol lighter fluid for about 10 mins and hit it with the blade from a box cutter and once it was off used more lighter fluid to get the sticker residue and no one was the wiser. The real issue is removing the water stains peppered on the graphics without damaging the art. If I can figure that out I have a few menus I’m hopping to clean up.

L

Glad its skull free ! I think on the wall covered in knick knacks the water spots wont be as noticeable(?). If you just can't deal with them I have this hole in my wall that could use another one of those shelves..... :)

Unkle John thanks for that tip too!

N

I'd like your opinion on some "pins".

I found this one about a year ago. It's metal with a green ceramic head. 3 inches across and 2 inches high. There are no markings on it. It may have been re-purposed. It looked familiar but I haven't been able to find anything like it in the tiki books. (Of course, now someone will post that it's on page 73 of Book of Tiki.)

Excuse the photo, it's hard to get a good image of shiny black glass. These are black glass. The larger is 3 inches and the smaller is 2 inches. They appear to be carved or etched. They were recently given to me by someone who said they were her mothers. So they may be from the 50s or 60s. They may have started life as clips or barrets.

Any ideas on these items?

Oh, and for those of you outside of SoCal I thought I's share a photo of a Matilija poppy.

How can you not enjoy a flower that looks like a fried egg? This is a small one as it's only 6 inches across. It's late in the season but I thought I'd share.

Nancy

Z
Zeta posted on Thu, Jul 22, 2010 1:12 PM

Naneki, I would post those nice Pre-Hispanic pop pieces in the "Pop Primitivism" thread. Nice flower!

B

I'm so happy!

(Squid is so jealous)

I seldom make it over here. Questionable as to whether or not this qualifies as "tiki"?

Once there were many, now there are few!

Later,

PTD

Always love the chunk lamps. For some reason they remind me of the classic Star Trek episodes.

Rare, rare, rare Kodak Super Six-20 camera. Only 719 made between 1938 and 1944. way ahead of it's time. Just found it today.

On 2007-03-17 19:11, naugatiki wrote:
It's almost spring and the yard sales are slowly returning, Just in time for the end of winter. I found this witco or witco inspired fireplace tool set shaped like a horse. Also this cool wall sculpture of fish that looks like it came from and atomic house.

hey, I just saw one of these possibly Witco horse fireplace tool holder things at a thrift shop in Portland for $10.

Is it Witco? if so, I can give anyone interested the info on where it is.

..sb

UT

It's Witco. I have the cat version that scares to hell out of little kinda. Really kinda creepy.

Don't know anything about this MC club. Nothing exists on the internet that comes close except the Defiant Ones from LA. Anyone heard of the Defiants MC Orange Co.?

Vintage motorcycle gang colors, with both rockers. Crazy find. I will be selling this on eBay.

PTD

Hey, D. Before you post that thing, make damn sure they are defunct. I'm sure they wouldn't take kindly to their colors being sold on ebay.

here's one for you Internet sleuths,carved wood angle fish

with a slide in screw top bottle ,with a label that says"fluid for dreams"

any ideas? anyone? anyone?

On 2010-09-24 06:00, TIKI DAVID wrote:
here's one for you Internet sleuths,carved wood angle fish

with a slide in screw top bottle ,with a label that says"fluid for dreams"

any ideas? anyone? anyone?

Perfume bottle and holder!

PTD

"Perfume bottle and holder! "
hell, I never even thought of that. you may just be right.
I was thinking something more sinister.
thanks.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1194 replies