Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Beyond Tiki Finds

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1,194 replies

On 2011-08-08 07:48, tikipaka wrote:
:o Then Erk, like fire! :P

HEHE....fire bad, mostly :)

Found this cool Herman Miller clock today that was covered in dirt but cleaned up real nice.

I've been slacking on posting all of my finds lately, so I'll try to catch up chronologically. Found this stuff at Spring Brimfield:
Unopened pack of RedMan plastic Picnic-Ware.

This killer Drag Strip game by Milton Bradley. The object of the game is to shoot your marble up & around into the track to move your Fuel-Altered to the finish line. The first one to cross the finish line with all four of his cars wins. My kids got hooked on this game immediately. :lol:

I never thought I'd be lamenting the closing of a Mega-Chain, but I am kinda sorry to see Border's go belly up, but....not too sorry to score a $20.00 magazine rack to display my collection of vintage speed catalogs!

Picked up this unopened, Mirro Cooky & Pastry press for 8 bucks at a Flea Market.

Picked up a coupla items at Summer Brimfield. A Proctor-Silex juicer NIB & a great Bell Auto Parts catalog circa 1952.

Set up at the Amherst Automotive Flea Market & scored this great Bell & Howell Super 8mm projector, complete with some killer films.

I love that sign!

G

More of an inheritance than a find - I was given my wife's grandpa's hot rod magazine collection including 100 or so issues from the 1960's with a complete run of Hot Rod from 1961-1965. It is a lot of reading but it is great. I am going to interview him about his drag racing/hot rodding days. He has some good stories.
Here are a few of the issues

Cover detail April 1965

I bagged and boarded 'em like a dork - it cost about $40 just for supplies. I really like the speed equipment catalogs - it makes you wonder where all those cool old parts went.

gabbahey

On 2011-08-14 16:43, Big Kahuna wrote:
Set up at the Amherst Automotive Flea Market & scored this great Bell & Howell Super 8mm projector, complete with some killer films.

Very nice, my dad had one of those. It's how I saw Abbott and Costello and the Creature for the first times.

Some new stuff

A cool Swing-A-Way ice crusher. It's missing the wall bracket and has a bit of rust, but otherwise is in good shape.

One gigantic juice press. There are no markings so I don't know who made it, but this thing saves me a lot of time.

I found these skyscraper prints by an artist by the name of Bunnell that have a paint by numbers quality.

Found this at a yard sale. Any info would be appreciated. I feel like I've seen this somewhere.

Very nice specimen of vintage gravel art craft. They were sold in kits. The design is pre-printed on the backing, sort of a paint-by-number but with crushed gravel or glass. I remember helping my aunt make one when I was a child.

I love gravel art, unfortunately I have never found a tiki themed one.

Darilyn

Very cool, thanks for the info! Whoever did this one, put a lot of care into constructing it. It's got a nice spot on my wall.

T

:) Picked up this nice pole lamp yesterday!

Bottom globe lit up.

Top globe lit

Both..

Very happy with it.

G

Found this today:

And the other side:

And a better look at the nudie handle

I would love any information or help finding more out about Mr. Bob Schultz and the 730th Bomb Squadron. They saw action in both World War II and Korea before becoming a more humanitarian airdrop Squadron. Mug is old with crazing throughout and a nice smooth feel. I think it is hand painted. PM if someone who focuses more on this wants to trade for Tiki/Hot Rod stuff. I wonder if their logo was the inspiration for the Slim Pickin's scene in Dr. Strangelove.

gabbahey

TODAY,Arthur Umanoff bar & 3stools;

T

OK :o I'm putting this in here because I did a search just trying to find out something about this piece I picked up over the weekend. I wanted it because it was a Devil and Halloween is right around the corner and it also holds a bottle of booze! But I found this search and was wondering if any of the peeps that originally posted photos could show me theirs?

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=2286&forum=5&hilite=carved

Now I have to go through all the booze to find a bottle that fits it.. Does anyone know what kind of booze actually came in it? Assuming it did? And the Made in Spain sticker is on the bottom also.. And I new it wasn't a Witco! The Devil made me do it! :)

T
Tiare posted on Sat, Oct 1, 2011 2:43 PM

Found this 1951 Reglor lamp, fell in love with it and took it home.

BB

That lamp is great and it would be hard not to fall in love with it. Nice find!!

Ooooooohhhhhh that's awesome! One of the best lights i've seen!

H

What a great find.

I love both of the lamps.
Congrats.

TD

scored these today,along with a couple Adrian Pearsall chairs. don't know anything about them and I can not find anything about them.
but they look 50's -60's and I thought they were neat ...so... what the hell

A couple of new acquisitions..

Just got to find the appropriate light cord for these now.

And i don't know too much about this, other than it is 60s italian ceramic. I enjoy its crazed cat face though..

The story I got;
A couple of wood sculpture panels from a 1957 lobby of a long gone building in Cleveland,salvaged in 1963. Very mid-century modern,in my opinion.
I do not know if they hung vertical or horizontal.either way ,cool.

TS

cool stuff as always, other TCposters!

Nothing big in terms of scoring, but came across this stuff.

1 Playboy Club ashtray
1 Playboy Club green translucent swizzle
3 white and 3 black Playboy swizzles(not marked Playboy Club)
1 Domeliner swizzle pink
5 Disneyland Viewmaster reels (all lands 1956)
2 New York World's Fair Viewmaster reels (3disks each pack)
1 Seattle World's Fair reel (4disks)
1 Knott's Berry Farm Reel (3disks)
1 Marineland of the Pacific reel (3disks)

UT

Hit the jackpot with this big vintage back lit 3D "Jesus at the gate" picture. The 3D effect on this one looks like it is six feet deep and looks great at night. Hard to find one of these in great shape and this one is fantastic and almost creepy cool in 3D.

On 2011-10-01 14:43, Tiare wrote:
Found this 1951 Reglor lamp, fell in love with it and took it home.

nice lamp - I have seen this come up on ebay a few times and everytime it does it sells for a bundle !! definately a great score for you.

S

On 2011-08-14 16:43, Big Kahuna wrote:

very nice monsieur

1940's, maybe 1930's kabe crepe aloha shirt. It has a mother dear and fawn, so I didn't think it belongs in tiki finds :)

Thanks for lookin'!!!

Late-1940, early-50's rayon bowling shirts or work uniforms for a "Pucci's" in Forest Park.

My Google search netted me an old Pucci's pizzeria in Forest Park, Il., but there's no longer one at that location. Gonna do some investigative work and see if I can pin down exactly where these are from.

That'd be pretty cool if they were from an old 1950's pizzeria, just outside of Chicago.

Thanks for lookin'!!!

On a whim I hit one of those many Christmas craft fairs that they have this time of year that showcase such handicrafts as toilet paper rolls covered with glitter which they try and sell as ornaments and was surprised to get this for $5. It’s a great sled that looks like Capt America's sheild but now I’m never going to be able to drive past one of these sales again.

Nice!

The Double Down Saloon in Las Vegas now has ASS JUICE Shot Glasses.

Classic Moss'ism !

( only 12.00 with the shot!)

On 2011-12-20 09:15, RevBambooBen wrote:
The Double Down Saloon in Las Vegas now has ASS JUICE Shot Glasses.

Classic Moss'ism !

( only 12.00 with the shot!)

I Love it !!! Gotta get back to Vegas !!! I need a band so I can play there again. Double Down Rocks !!!

J

On 2011-11-13 12:04, TikiRootsRocka wrote:
1940's, maybe 1930's kabe crepe aloha shirt. It has a mother dear and fawn, so I didn't think it belongs in tiki finds :)

Actually the earliest Aloha shirts created in Hawaii used fabric patterns exported from Japan. You have a great example of the ORIGINAL Aloha shirt. :)

Found this at a Salvation Army Store- cheap. What have I got here? I'm thinkin' a '70's mass-produced painting from Mexico. It's 36" tall in the frame and it's not a print. I'm liking the style and the colors. Wish it was tiki.

A vintage Weltron 2005, gift from my Father in law, works great!

T

That's sooooooooooooooooooooo nice!
:)

N

Aren't you a lucky devil, I've been hoping to run into one of those for years but instead have had to console myself with these Weltron 8 track space helmets.

and tapes

On 2012-01-08 14:26, naugatiki wrote:
Aren't you a lucky devil, I've been hoping to run into one of those for years but instead have had to console myself with these Weltron 8 track space helmets.

and tapes

I was shocked when I saw it, these kinds of items are ultra rare in Nebraska, it seems anyway...

I dig the hemlets!

Those tapes are awesome! I got a couple 8 tracks with the 2005, but they were like Kenny Rogers or some crap, those are cool!

Found this lamp in a thrift store. Nothing too fancy, but after I replaced all the wiring and put a bulb in it, ta-da! It's gonna look real nice in the bar.

TD

'BRUTALIST'

Found this a few months ago. While it isn't my ideal shadow box, I still really like it and I couldn't pass it up for the price I paid. Coincidentally, I found one almost exactly like it that same day, but they wanted three times what I paid for mine.

Picked up a Trader Vic's bird vase from ebay. Does anyone have a guess as to it's when and where's?

8T

Rattan aquarium, a yard sale find yesterday with a Mid-West price. Just have to clean it because they had a turtle in it instead of fish.

I once was lost.....but now I'm found.....

[ Edited by: 8FT Tiki 2012-04-29 07:41 ]

[ Edited by: 8FT Tiki 2012-05-27 08:53 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1194 replies