Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Any Tikiphiles in NY/NJ, I am in Red Bank 4 the week.

Pages: 1 15 replies

T

I am here for a training class and have no idea what to do. Is there anything close to where I am worth doing?

Do a search on New Jersey and New York--there's lots of info. in these threads. Do you have a car? If you make it to NYC, give a shout!
M C

i live about 5 minutes from red bank.
email me:
[email protected]

turbo,
check your private messages.

T

MC,
I drove up from Baltimore, I wouldn't know where to go in NY at all. I've read the posts for suggestions. I could maybe do something Wed or Thurs evening. I get out of training @ 5pm both days.

Central Virginia one month, Red Bank New Jersey the next. Did you ever in your wildest dreams expect all these wonderful travel opportunities when you started this job TurboGod?

MC

tiki chris and Turbogod, what's your schedule like.
thursday I'm out.
wed. I'm busy until 10-10:30 pm.

T

I'm am free after 5pm - till? Tues, Wed and Thurs. Heading home to the family on Friday.

T

On 2003-09-23 15:40, Suburban Hipster wrote:
Central Virginia one month, Red Bank New Jersey the next. Did you ever in your wildest dreams expect all these wonderful travel opportunities when you started this job TurboGod?

When presented with the training class I was told my options were Miami or Red Bank. Guess if management decided "the where" for me. Hopefully I can get together with the NJ/NY tikiphiles before I leave on Friday. It looks like we're working on it.

Apparently the next class I will be going to is either in Colorado or Miami.

representin' the dirty mid-atlantic
Tacky Techie Tiki Bar

[ Edited by: Turbogod on 2003-09-23 15:56 ]

MC

Are you meeting up with Tiki Chris?
I could go for a drink at Wally's after 10pm?

MC

Are you meeting up with Tiki Chris?
I could go for a drink at Wally's after 10pm?

T

MC,
Sorry I didn't get to my hotel till 9pm tonight. We tried to wrap up as much as possible b4 2morrow. I want to thank the NJ/NY Ohana for extending invites, I wish I would have had more time to get organized w/ my trip. BTW if you are ever in MD, feel free to contact me as well. :)
Thanks,
Chris B.

UPDATE:
Got the call...Out the Batcave...Off to Wally's!

Tacky Techie Tiki Bar

[ Edited by: Turbogod on 2003-09-25 19:03 ]

MC and Ben,
Thanks for a great time. It really took the tech-geek-stress off me for a while. Wally's was great, but nothing can top your Eminem Duo @ the Drag Queen Kabuki Karaoke. I never realized I was such a "slow" talker. I G u e s s I a m.

:)

Chris

Manic- Got your message too late, when I got home last night so I missed it! Hope you had fun.

Inky, sorry I didn't call your cell, but maybe you were working late? Was Arty around last night too?
But Turbogod is a very cool Tiki Centralite--I'm really glad that we met up.
It was fun to hear more about the DC and Chicago scenes, and about cutting your finger.
Turbogod--I am so sorry that you never saw the side room. You missed Wally the cuckatoo and the huge masks hanging in there. doh!
come back to NYC again soon and we'll show you the other hot-spots!
M C

[ Edited by: manic cat on 2003-09-26 11:09 ]

T

It looks like I may be back in early Nov. I'll let you all know earlier this time.

Pages: 1 15 replies