Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Big Ol' Tiki Party Sept. 28th!

Pages: 1 7 replies

We're planning a major Tiki shin-dig for September 28th. The place: The Tiki Farm compound in San Clemente, CA. We're hopeful for the likes of Shag, Sven Kirsten, Crazy Al, Bamboo Ben and a whole s***load of Tiki Centralites to attend, plus there will likely be a whole bunch of old school Southern California surf legends in attendance... "hey, don't make fun of the old knock-kneed guys!"

We have 3 fully stocked tiki bars, a vintage klangity-klang restored Gilligan's Island pinball machine, a pool table, a dart board and an ample amount of party space.

We're looking at at least 2 live bands (to be announced), a Sven "Beatnik-style" reading, hula girl cocktail waitresses, fire jugglers and much more!

Attendees will receive a free limited edition tiki mug that is unique and exclusive to the event! We'll be debuting and selling the "Shag: The Decanters" series in limited quanties and will also have other original art by other tiki dignitaries to be found only at the party!

All that we ask is that you wear your best aloha wear and that you pay $5 for cocktails. I'm fenagling the folks at Trader Vic's to bring us the best of modern day "party easy and friendly" rums and mixes.

The Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas might be participating, too - maybe we might turn this into a "Wild on Tiki" event!?! This will be an invite only event, so if you want to get on the special invitee mailing list, please send an email to [email protected] with the words "Party down Tiki style" in the subject to get future emails!

It's time to really get down and tiki-freaky funky!
Holden

Sounds divine!

Aaarrgghh!!! I'm going to be in San Fran for Teaseorama on the 27th and 28th. I'm very bummed about having to miss this!

I am going to figure out a way to be there, no matter what it takes (famous last words). Anybody else from the NW wanna think about a tiki road trip? Woofmut? MrTikiBar?

Just think, Maxton and Woofmutt at the same tiki place in Southern California. Is it too much to hope for?

M
mig posted on Tue, Jul 30, 2002 7:56 AM

Yeah, I'll be in SF for Tease-o-rama too. (In fact, I was going to post about it here.)

TOR is being run by none other than Baby Doe. Poor Otto is going to be torn!

And check out http://www.teaseorama.com, done by none other than miss Frenchy...

Sam,
Are you sure you'll miss the "tiki-o-rama"? I was looking forward to partying with you but I guess the timing of the bash isn't good with your plans. We'll tilt them back some day soon!
Holden

Alohasssssssss,
Hmmmmmmmmm. Very interesting.

Pages: 1 7 replies