Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Official Introductions Thread. New Members, Post your introduction here...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 4,276 replies

On 2004-10-29 12:18, Tikiwahine wrote:
Welcome Papaj!

Where abouts in Canada are you from? I'm over on the West coast in Victoria.

Have a great time exploring TC!

I will have to check, but I think my wife's best friend, Lorain, lives in Victoria or thereabouts.

On 2004-10-29 12:26, finkdaddy wrote:

I will have to check, but I think my wife's best friend, Lorain, lives in Victoria or thereabouts.

Cool! If you two are ever in the neighborhood, you're welcome to come for a visit. If your wife and her friend want to hang out, I'm sure we can entertain you! I recently counted our booze, we've got 70 bottles at the moment!(our wedding guests weren't the lushes we expected) :)

I just joined recently (because the members in my band "Haole Kats" yelled at me and said if I did not sign up they would take away all of my ukes) Note*** Former statement is fictional*** I only met a few of you at Trader Vics (Atlanta) when we played there but,looking forward to hooking up with many more in the not to distant future. Mahalo for having me !!!

H
Helz posted on Sun, Oct 31, 2004 8:52 PM

Ok so here goes, and I appologize in advance for any lack of brevity to follow...

I just wanted to finally offically join the TC community after lurking for the past month or so. I have only caught the fever recently, and have kind of been preoccupied with learning all I can.
It all started for me at Hula's in Monterey, CA about 2 months ago, which lead me to the Tiki News and the night that hooked me: "Otto's Forbidden Island at the Conga Lounge" (in Oakland, CA) on Sept. 27. At this event I got to meet Otto and, thanks to winning the raffle, my friends and I are now planning a trip to use the 2 free nights at the Caliente Tropics they won. It's been nothing but Rum and Martin Denny ever since...

So my thanks to you all for all of the info here and I really look forward to contributing.

[ Edited by: HelzTiki on 2004-10-31 20:53 ]

[ Edited by: HelzTiki on 2004-10-31 20:57 ]

[ Edited by: HelzTiki on 2004-10-31 20:58 ]

V

Aloha ! This is my first post on TC, although i've been reading through past messages for months. I've met some of you at Tiki Oasis and other events this is my formal introduction into the Tiki community.

V

On 2004-11-01 22:06, VonTiki wrote:
Aloha ! This is my first post on TC, although i've been reading through past messages for months. I've met some of you at Tiki Oasis and other events this is my formal introduction into the Tiki community.

Finaly plucked up the courage...
Have been lurking for about a year and half now, and am the proud owner of several Munktiki mugs and bowl, a few from the farm and my most prized possion - a Gecko Tangaroa. Now eat, sleep and definitely DRINK all things tiki. Got round to joining after meeting Cheekytiki and his better half at the aftershow party of the Shag call of the Kapu opening night. Top couple and cheers for the Don Mai Tai! We came, we saw, we staggered out worse for wear.

Good to have you aboard Tikispecs, it was a pleasure meeting you last week and great to have another Britiki fan in our ranks.

Cheers Cheekytiki, its great to be a part of it. I feel cleansed from my past of shady lurking.

My name is Scott, I just started trying to create with wood. I work with chainsaws for a living, so I figured that would be my start. I've seen some first productions that blew away mine, but I'm in it for the fun, just trying to find a little peace in my world! Why Tiki? I already quit asking why!

Welcome, Scott!

This is definitely the spot where the carvers hang out. Can't wait to see your pending creations.

Sabu

Hey all, I'm new to TC. The artwork I've seen on the site is great. I'm glad Tiki is getting so popular again. I've been doing some Tiki painting lately. Maybe in the future I could drop some of my work in the forum, for some pro critiques.
Thanks

heya hotsauce!
welcome!

We'd LOVE to see some of your work, feel free to post it over in the creating tiki threads!

Where abouts are you from?

Hey tikiwahine,
I'm from Bellingham, WA
This site really is refreshing. Seems like a family of Tiki greatness.

Hotsauce, welcome to the fold. You'll find the NW tiki crowd is very friendly, and we look forward to seeing you at some of our events (although I know Bellingham is a bit of a haul to Seattle or Portland...)

If you're interested in finding out about NW events, go to this topic:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=6400&forum=4
Follow the instructions and I'll make sure you get on the list!

Aloha!

Mach Tiki found my web site and introduced me to Tiki Central. I own and operate a small company called Tropical Details - "An Island State of Mind for Vehicles". We manufacture a line of automotive accessories including HULA HITCH. We are just getting rolling and have a number of new items we'll be adding to our product line in the coming weeks.

I have established a new page on the site with special Tiki Central Members Pricing. Use the password "MachTiki" to enter.

Please give us a look.
MAHALO! and Spread 'Da Aloha!

Visit http://www.HulaHitch.com, click on "TIKI CENTRAL MEMBERS" and enter the password "Mach Tiki" (without the quotes) for special Tiki Central Members Pricing.

Spread 'Da Aloha!

[ Edited by: Hula Hitch on 2004-11-12 06:36 ]

aloha! don't be a stranger...

On 2004-11-12 07:19, Johnny Dollar wrote:
aloha! don't be a stranger...

at least no stranger than I already am! Seems like I've found a home with fellow "Strangers"!:lol:

TD

Hi -

I'm new to the site...I'm from Florida and collect all things polynesian, vintage Florida, tiki, etc.

Aloha, i'm a Tiki fan from Rotterdam, Holland were i hope to open the first Dutch Tikibar soon! (june 2005 if all goes well)
I can use all the help i can get , especially pictures from other Tiki bars as inspiration.

Hi Tiki Rotterdam,

If you want ideas, you've come to the right place. You should find a whole bunch of photos of home and commercial Tiki bars on the site.

Great to hear that you've plans for a Tiki bar in Rotterdam. I've always been puzzled by the lack of a Tiki bar in the Netherlands. In Amsterdam there's every type of bar imaginable - except a Tiki bar.....

If you need help with carvings or decor, you might want to get in touch with Cheektiki, who's based in London. He's currently setting up a Tiki decor business, (though he's in Australia right now) and I'm sure he wouldn't turn up the chance of a trip to Rotterdam.

Hope you enjoy TC!

Trader Woody

Thank you trader Woody, i'll keep Cheektiki in mind, although i am still in the 'getting all the right licences' stage, wich will take months, and then i have to build this place up from scratch, as for now it is a garage.

There are some Tiki lovers in Rotterdam, most of whom will be attending the Wild Weekend (www.thezombiezoo.com/wwvtitle.html ) in Spain this weekend. (not me unfortunately)

Any Tikophiles living in or visiting Rotterdam, the only trails of tiki i have found are:
A big (2 metres high) tiki statue in the back of Rotown (a rock cafe & venue, located at the Nieuwe Binnenweg. (www2.rotown.nl/)

Tiki mugs, shirts and decor at Lucky Lenn (www.luckylenn.nl)

I have been surfing the web for tiki for months, i am especially looking for great looking bars and sites like http://www.tikilounge.biz, if someone has tips for sites, please let me know.

[ Edited by: Tiki Rotterdam on 2004-11-14 09:23 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Rotterdam on 2004-11-14 09:24 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Rotterdam on 2004-11-14 09:25 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Rotterdam on 2004-11-14 09:26 ]

hey guys
I thought a quick intro is probably in order, Im a Tiki collector, artist from Sydney Australia.
cheeky tiki mentioned this site to me & I am truly amazed by what I have seen.
I will try to post some of the goings on down here from time to time.

In all things Tiki
BoB

greetings!! I have already been introduced quite rudely by a certain TC member a few weeks ago but hey, here I am!! It's good to be aboard!! Most of you may know me as one of the organizers of the exotica 2003 as well as from the Elviki . much thanks to all of you out there for purchasing one! If you haven't, I still have some. I'll be appearing at the chin tiki holiday party with some on hand as well as a few other items. Also coming up is a new tiki bar/restaurant opening in the chicago area in december - more on that later. I'm doing a fall spring cleaning of my tiki collection too with alot of different items. if anyone is interested I sell under the name "rum-dum" on ebay. hope to chat with all of you soon.

B

Welcome Tipsy McStagger, just tagger on in and stay awhile. I'm sure we all ken help lighten your load. Make yourself at home!

Greetings Bobby Peru. You wouldn't happen to be a David Lynch fan by any chance would you?

Hey folks, I guess it's time I jumped in here. I have been working on creating The Crowntiki (formerly my junk-laden garage)for the past four months with the aid of my gorgeous girlfriend, nuevo TikiCentral mutts/roommates Wrong Dimension Boy (my brother) and Hamfoot Larry (friend and day-laborer). And of course with the aid of genius cousin Slacks Ferret, my favorite and most talented family member - He designed the logo and I've got first dibs on his Tiki's Playing Poker painting. Anyhow, Wrong Dimension Boy created an awesome site of the Crowntiki in its newborn form, so watch and see the clutter and EBay-inflated mug collection grow... Poorer but drunker for this darned Tiki disease... http://www.crowntiki.com

Aloha! Cool site Crowntiki!

Aloha Crowntiki!
It's about time you joined. I've only been pestering you to for a year now...

Website looks great. Crown tiki looks awesome! Love the personalized menu. Wish I was there to raise a mug with you.

Wow, you have a Kahiki Idol's Cast!
Love that menu, what dedication! (Especially "Pina Colada- A boring selection..")
Wilkommen, Bienvenue, Welcome...Im Tiki Cabaret.

kick ass, crowntiki!

:drink: :drink: :drink:

H

Yay! I'd heard tales of Crowntiki from Slacks Ferret & Wrong Dimension Boy... it's great to see some pics, fantastic job, guys! So... when do we get to see it in person? :)

And, most importantly, welcome to Tiki Central!

Hi,
New member to the life. People just don't understand!
Mahalo

Glad you folks like the website. Hooray!

D

Welcome everyone new! Crowntiki-the menu really puts your place over the top-I LOVE menus!Super job.

S
Shayne posted on Wed, Dec 1, 2004 8:39 AM

Hey Ya'll

I'm known anywhere I'm found as Shayne. Good to be here and if any of ya'll are into film gabs let me know there's a good site for it nearby.

Aloha TCr's! I posted my "coming on board" under the wrong area when I joined the other day. So here I am again -

Mele Kalikimaka!!

Hello Everyone-

I had to re-register because my old screen name(TheTikiKing)was almost exactly as another member who has been here longer than me- out of respect to him, I am now MaiTaiMafia. MachTiki, Swampfire and others, Aloha again!

MTM

M

Welcome back MTM. Thanks for keeping us posted and for changing your name to avoid confusion. YOU ROCK!

New to Tiki Central! But I already love it. Aloha to all!
By the way, I'm looking for a Tiki Lava Lamp. If anyone knows where I can find one, let me know. Thanks!

On 2004-12-04 10:03, MusikaTiki-a wrote:
By the way, I'm looking for a Tiki Lava Lamp. If anyone knows where I can find one, let me know. Thanks!

MusikaTiki-a, Target had them back around dorm room decorating time, you might want to call around & see if any of your local Target stores still have them.

PB

Hi! New member, longtime lurker. I've gotten a lot of great tips here for my home bar. All the incredible artists are really inspiring. It's good to know it's "not just me"!

[ Edited by: Poi Balls on 2004-12-06 17:56 ]

On 2004-12-04 10:03, MusikaTiki-a wrote:

they sell them at spencer's gifts, if they have one near you they may still have them if they haven't gone on clearance yet.

Hello everyone! I'm Allen from Henderson, Nevada (near Las Vegas). It's nice to be here!

hey roadsidepictures!
i am working on the monster of monster vegas websites right now... keep in touch ok?
also - check into the lottaliving message board for non-tiki vegas discussion. nice to have ya on board!

On 2004-12-06 17:50, Poi Balls wrote:
Hi! New member, longtime lurker. I've gotten a lot of great tips here for my home bar. All the incredible artists are really inspiring. It's good to know it's "not just me"!

Welcome Poi Balls! Which side of the lake are you on? I used to have some cousins on the NY side, near Fulton.

HEY! I am the new guy, and I think so far the newest. Big fan of tikis for a long long time, one of my dreams would be to live on Easter Island with all those great Maois around. I have made a few tikis, and maybe I will get around to posting them on here, somewhere. I am really interested in how some others make tikis, and will hopefully be able to spend enough time around here to learn a lot more. Once again I am the new guy.

Greetings happy tiki people:

I'm a fairly new but very enthusiastic listener of exotica. I like the "Quiet Village"-type stuff as well as the outer spacey-flavored offerings. I'm looking to build my (so far) quite modest collection, and would welcome any tips on trades, downloads etc that would help me hear some more of this music before I start investing in vinyl. I also have been enraptured by Sem Sinatra's site - any ideas where I can get some more Japanese exotica? Wow.

As for the personal, I'm 31, a bookseller and library school student, with a BA in art history. I love books (favorite authors Douglas Coupland, Haruki Murakami, Evelyn Waugh, PG Wodehouse, others); I'm a Japanophile, shintoist, and lover of art, googie architecture, mid-century modern design, Eichler homes, retro space-age optimism, Asian cinema, spicy food, gin and tonics, bonsai and ikebana, web design...

Glad to be here, and I'll see everyone around the tiki torch.

Skaal,
kittenhead

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 4276 replies