Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Official Introductions Thread. New Members, Post your introduction here...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 4,278 replies

S

Well, I don't know if I posted here or not, but here I am. New. Had so much fun on the crawl in San Francisco!

Suzanne

Bon jour (or guten tag) you Schweitzetiki folk, Kristophe and Al! Al, your website has some real beauties - I was wanting most all of them! You'll have to make a trip to the States for one of our many gatherings (like Oasis, Exotica, Hukilau, etc.) and bring your stuff - or carve while you're here to make some $ if importing is impossible.

Kristoph, en Genève aussi? Je la connais, mais il fait trop longtemps. Je connais meilleur Lucerne et la région près de la ville de Aigle (et Villars), aussi dans la sur (en Vaux). J’aime la Suisse (et les Suisses!)! Je pouvais voire les montagnes les Dents du Midi de ma fenêtre. Très charmant.

And yes, everyone, I did have to go back to my dictionary to write that; all those wacky accent marks did not stay in my memory after all those years, and I'm sure my prepositions are all over the place. But I first learned French in the region right next to where Al (and maybe Kristoph) live. 'Course, I was in a teeny tiny village - I mean tiny: "Huemoz". No big city like Geneva. I was awakened every morning by the cowbells as their wearers were driven under my window to go up the mountain to feed. Call me Heidi.

No tiki back then (in the '70's), but it seems these boys are taking care of that in a BIG way!!

Also, welcome to Tiki Central: Suzanne, Atomikitty and Zuke! Zuke, make sure you're up on the goings-on soon coming your way in Chicago. LOADS-o-fun!

Formikahini (alice b)

M

Mahalo everyone... I am new here to Tiki Central. I am a graphics/video designer in the SFValley, and design and reproduce various tiki home decorative items on the side. I am also developing a line of note cards and postcards that will soon be available in an ebay store, and I am sure you will want a few! If you have any interest in seeing samples, please ask and I will email you photos.

Aloha! Greg McKinney/Modspell

Welcome, modspell.

I look forward to seeing your cards. Do you use old graphics from vintage postcards, matchbooks, etc, or are they your own designs?

And since you're local, maybe well get to see you at one of the Southern Cal events. There's a ton of us tiki-aficianados out here and we've got a reputation for hospitality. I'd love to talk tiki postcards with you sometime.

Sabu

S
SES posted on Fri, Apr 8, 2005 3:40 PM

On 2005-04-06 13:43, suzanne wrote:
Well, I don't know if I posted here or not, but here I am. New. Had so much fun on the crawl in San Francisco!

Suzanne

Ooh this might get confusing... :)

UB

On 2005-03-30 16:25, johntiki wrote:
Here's an attempt at an artsy shot of my Ford, I think I was trying to eat up a roll of film when I took them...

You know...it's pretty sad I've owned the car for 18 years and don't have any good pictures of it!

Are you kiddin!? Look at that shit grin. You can tell she lives in a happy home.

Ok , I've finally signed up ! What took me so long I don't know. But after the Tiki CrawlI thought I should . TC People have got to be some of the nicest people around.
Thanks for all the fun !
Paul Nielsen

Aloha Man from Munkle. I wasn't at the crawl, but I shall welcome you just the same. Pull up a stool. Are you buying the first round?

S

hey peeps, this is kirk, formerly known as kirk da surf, so hello to those who already know me

S

oh yea peeps i forgot to mention that i am the son of Jungle Trader

Welcome to Tiki Central surfgoof. Looking forward to surfing with you this summer.

ALOHAAA!

hey surfgoof and Man from Munkle!

good to see you both joining tc finally. hope we can do the monterey secret crawl again.

goof: is your hair still blue?

Munkle: love the name! let us know if we can help out at all with the monterey festivities. it was great talking with you at the sf vic's on the crawl.

:)

On 2005-04-12 07:52, Man from Munkle wrote:
Ok , I've finally signed up ! What took me so long I don't know. But after the Tiki CrawlI thought I should . TC People have got to be some of the nicest people around.
Thanks for all the fun !
Paul Nielsen

Dam right it's about time you signed up Muncle Man!
Welcome

Welcome Man from Muncle. It was good to talk you and Mrs. at the Crawl.

S

no my hair is finally back to its' normal, it's nice to finally have it blonde again

S

welcome munkle, i'm new too, so i'm in the same position you are

Aloha and welcome to Fantasy Isle.. er I mean Tiki Central.
Glad to see all you joining up and saying hello.
Your among friends,

Chongolio

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

Come explore http://www.lost-isle.com

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2005-04-13 18:44 ]

Hey Surf Goof!
Glad you could make it.

J

Hey all, I just joined this forum. I'll be going by Jon-Tiki (& apologies to johntiki, I didn't know there was someone else using that name).I'm pretty new to the whole tiki/exotica scene, but I'm anxious to learn & grow. Thanx loadz for having me here!

B

Welcome JonTiki, Glad to have you aboard. Come on in and relax awhile. Pull up your favorite forum and dig in. There is SO Much to see and read here, no matter where your interests are. Lets have some fun!

Hi Everyone, just a re-introduction here, was Rocky before, now I'm Nokala Rocky as I'm unemployed at this time! I've posted some witco pictures before, and my few other finds, will share my latest photo's from the Mai Kai soon, as I was able to take my kids! This is just a fun place to be! Thanks! Rocky.

B

Welcome Back Nokala Rockie, Glad you finally made your way back to the Fold.
Come on in and stay awhile longer. Show us what you got and we'll show you what we got. Can't be no more Funner than that right??

Thanks Ben! I'm looking forward to a quick trip down your way soon, and will be driving back north. Taking some indoor palms with me if I can!

T

I'm new to tiki central - and enjoying browsing around. Just wanted to post a quick hello from Encinitas, CA.

Thanks
tikigal

NC

Hello everyone.
I stumbled on this forum while researching building supplies for my tiki hut (in the planning stage).
It is amazing to see some of your talents on display. What a great forum. I've just begun to look around but thought I would drop in for a quick hello.

Steve

J

Hi Tikigal and No Clue, Welcome to Tiki Central.

No Clue... Like you, I stumbled upon this site purely by accident about a year ago when I was planning a Luau party and was searching online for ideas for decorations, food and drink recipes, music, etc.

I too have been blown away by the amazing artistic talent of the carvers and other artists who are members of the TC community. Every once in a while I'll see a new post in an old thread in the "creating tiki" section that was started before I became a member, and discover artists and artistic works that I had not seen before.

I wish there was a section of TC that had picture galleries, sorted by artist, so that there was one main repository for the pictures of all of the works created... and that by the click of a button, you could see all of the art created by any particular artist. That would be cool.

[ Edited by: joefla70 on 2005-04-28 13:59 ]

Well hello folks,

Just doing the 'introduction thang' here. I'm a transplanted Canuck who's landed in the SF Bay area waves. I'm a big fan of all things tiki, Mod, retro, and space age. Came across the site while doing a search for San Francisco Tiki Lounges. (Recommendations are welcome!) I might be planning a tiki themed wedding - suggestions for THAT are more than appreciated! :wink:

That's about it, for now. Nice meeting y'all!

HOK

Aloha everyone! Finally logging on, formally referred to in some posts as
"Freddie the Lurker". I'm into COCO JOE and other lava figures as well as all things TIKI. I've met some of you fellow TC'ers as part of GECKO'S unoffical welcome committee at LA MARIANA and other places. Hope to see all of you sometime soon. HOKU

B

Kahluagal and HOUSE OF KU, Welcome to TC. Come on in and stay awhile. I'm sure you will fit right in here. We are glad you decided to come out of the background and join us.
happy,happy,happy

HOK

Thanks for the warm welcome Ben! aloha

Aloha! I have been browsing the formum daily for some time. Amazing to see the talent here. Fortunate enough to live in La Mesa, CA (first suburb East of San Diego). In the process of remodeling a great "bones" backyard into the "Minihune Mermaid Lounge" - named after my wife. Not a pure Tiki lounge, but a mix of Japan, Hawaii and Tiki.

dick

T

I've actually been a member for a while I just haven't been here for some time. So I thought I'd dive back in. Hope to see some of you at Tiki Oasis this weekend.

I am nuimaleko, Hawaiian spelling for Big Mark, in Sacramento CA via San Francisco and Kaneohe Hawaii.
I am interested in all things Hawaiian and Tiki
culture in general; tropical decor and gardening, Pacific Island music and Pacific history and culture,in particular.

B

Welcome MermaidHouse, Tedtiki, and BigMark,, Come on in and stay awhile. we're glad to have ya'. After you browse our pages here for about 40 years , you may get to the beginning, so take your time and ask plenty questions along the way. we are her to help and be helped. Welcome

On 2005-04-30 03:01, HOUSE OF KU wrote:
Aloha everyone! Finally logging on, formally referred to in some posts as
"Freddie the Lurker". I'm into COCO JOE and other lava figures as well as all things TIKI. I've met some of you fellow TC'ers as part of GECKO'S unoffical welcome committee at LA MARIANA and other places. Hope to see all of you sometime soon. HOKU

ALOHA FREDDIE!!

GREAT to have you aboard!
So happy to see you finally become a member, right here where you belong :)

My Coco Joe's collection is almost as big as my mug collection, we'll have to revive the Joe's/Hip thread with some new pics!

See ya 'round,

K

Aloha,
I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I'm very happy I discovered this site! I live in the Boston area and tiki is a great escape from the cold winters. I became interested in tiki as a young boy when I used to stay at the Polynesian Village at Disney World. I also liked the Tiki Room too. Anyway, I look forward to talking to you all real soon.

J
john posted on Mon, May 9, 2005 3:35 AM

hello everyone,
i'm new to this forum. i have been into tiki's since bobby brady's tiki tried to kill greg. i am a fused glass artist in arizona, and specialize in making glass tikis (i will post in the other forum soon). anyways thanks for letting me be involved with this forum
-john

Aloha! I am Kevvy's wife and we love Tiki!!! WE live in San Diego but travel often. Too bad we are going to miss the big SF tour.

Hi all! I found out about this group at the Tiki Oasis V, so I just had to sign up. I've tried to go each year, and this was the first one I made it to. And boy was I ever impressed. Great music, killer Tiki art, and everyone was so nice too! I hope I never have to miss another Oasis again.

PLT

Aloha from Vancouver!
After regularly visiting this great forum, I've finally joined! Looking forward to conversing with Tiki fans everywhere!!

R

Aloha too all the new members.

Pepeletiki , great to see another canuck here. I cant wait to get to the coast and check out the store.

Thanks Rodeotiki!
I've met Tiki Central regulars, Roadkutter & Tikiwahine (valued customers!) and hope to meet more fellow Tiki Canucks! (I know they're out there!!!)
Definitely drop by if your in town!

Hi everyone,
I just joined the forum the other day and this is my second post.

I'm living in Portland, Maine - not the hub of tiki activity to say the least. However, we just bought a house with a large finished basement that we are in the process of creating a tiki den in.

When I lived in Albany, NY, I took pictures of my bar area and posted them here: http://www.geocities.com/strathkinnessjb/tiki/tikibar.htm

As you can see, I also have made some tikis and I hope to be able to make more when I have more free time and access to a kiln.

I look forward to learning stuff on this forum about collecting, events, and places to visit that aren't too far away. New England in general doesn't have a lot of tiki culture, but I know there is some. However, I haven't found any in Maine yet except in my basement.

So thanks for having this forum and mahalo!

--SBiM

All righty then!! Next time I'm in Portalnd, Maine - PARTY IN SUFFERING BASTARD'S BASEMENT!!! Welcome!

(I have friends in Lewiston and I've been to Portland twice - one of our parishes - Old St. Paul's - is there)

On 2005-05-09 22:15, Pepe le Tiki wrote:
Thanks Rodeotiki!
I've met Tiki Central regulars, Roadkutter & Tikiwahine (valued customers!) and hope to meet more fellow Tiki Canucks! (I know they're out there!!!)
Definitely drop by if your in town!

Aloha and Welcome Pepe le Tiki,

I'm so glad that you've joined Tiki Central!

Can't wait to visit your fabulous shop again soon
Mahalo nui loa!

(I have friends in Lewiston

My condolences to your friends. :wink:

Seriously though, there are no towns in Maine that are really bad. Having lived in the Albany-Schenectady-Troy area, moving to Maine is like moving into Beverly Hills. Well, not quite, but you get the point.

But yeah, anyone really interested in seeing what other tikiphiles have going on are welcome to get a hold of me to see my pad in Portland. But give me a few months to get our crap together. Buying a new house on non-profit agency income means setting priorities, and windows come before the tiki den. I know, blasphemy.

Thanks for the welcome!

--SBiM

M

Minitor is our license plate and is a pun that make more sense if you know it is on a MINI Cooper (think half man half bull). We are Lila and Woody and have been lurking for a year with little time to post. Hopefully that will change and I'll try to post instead of playing computer games at work all the time;-)

On 2005-05-12 05:53, minitor wrote:
Minitor is our license plate and is a pun that make more sense if you know it is on a MINI Cooper (think half man half bull). We are Lila and Woody and have been lurking for a year with little time to post. Hopefully that will change and I'll try to post instead of playing computer games at work all the time;-)

And here I was thinking of a Miniature Swedish Angel... :P

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 4278 replies