Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Official Introductions Thread. New Members, Post your introduction here...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 4,278 replies

Hi!
I'm new here. 24 years old. Born and raised in California. I grew up in the S.F. Bay Area and now live in Orange County. I'll be moving out of here in about a week to go on the road for a while. I love Tiki and I just got my first Tiki Tattoo! I'll post a picture of it when I figure out how to do so.

Hi...just signing up for Tiki Central although I have been a visitor for several years.
I try to frequent Trader Vic's in Atlanta as much as possible, and when in Tennessee try to get over to the Omni Hut for dinner. I have used the online name of maitaitikigirl for several years now and am planning on getting a tiki/hula girl tattoo soon.
Great to be here...

Hey All!
Just signed up. I'm a big Hot Rod & Kustom Kulture guy. Own a 59 Impala & much memorabilia. I have a retail/mail-order Rod & Kustom Parts Biz. As all Kustom car guys know, collections are part of the bug & they tend to spread from car stuff to atomic house stuff to music to Tiki & all things mid-century. Yes, I have a problem! There I said it,but since there's no 12 step program, I'll just have to keep on collecting. I have 20 mugs, most found here in the wilds of Massatiki, some on ebay. I just scored a kool vintage bamboo shelf to display my collection, today & grabbed a Martin Denny CD at Border's last night. I scored a hardcover copy of The Book Of Tiki on ebay this week & can't wait to get it. I already own Tiki Quest, Tiki Style, Tiki Road Trip & The Great Tiki Drink Book. I've already learned alot form browsing TC. Looking forward to being further enlightened. When I figure out how, I'll post some pics of my collection.
Mahalo!
Big Kahuna
aka Rick

[ Edited by: Big Kahuna 2007-04-13 21:17 ]

Big wave and high-five to all the new TC members. This is a great community and does wonders for stimulating the old memory cells. Have fun. :D

Welcome Big Kahuna! Yet another New England Tikiphile! We're getting big over here folks!

Hi everyone! I've been a tiki lover since I was a kid. My dad was stationed at Sangley Point U.S. Naval Base in the Phillippines back in 1965-6, and we had nothing but bamboo and tiki/tropical furniture and decor, and I've loved it ever since. Sadly, when we moved back to the US in 1966, my parents left almost all of the tropical stuff behind. :( I wish I had that stuff now!

I've always loved tiki/tropical theme decorating, and have been meaning to do it for years in my own place. I am just finally getting around to it now, better late than never, I guess, lol.

Anyway, I'm glad to find this forum, tiki things bring back such fond memories of my childhood for me. That was the only time in my life I've lived in a place with no snow in the winter. I hate winter! I guess if I had the money, I would consider moving someplace warmer, maybe South Carolina or Florida if in the US. My Uncle lives by Lake Okechobee in Florida, but I've never visited him. If I moved outside the US, I'd probably consider Guam.

Hey there!

My name's Keith. I'm 36 and live in NC. It's only recently that I've started getting interested in Tiki culture. I've been wondering about it for quite some time, but lately I've become downright obsessed with it. There's so much I don't know about it yet. I'm always discovering new things. It's so awesome. I've browsed these forums some, but wanted to become a member here. Besides Tiki, I'm interested in Lounge & Swing music, pin-up girls, cigars, cocktails, true crime, blackjack, spy movies (esp. James Bond, Derek Flint, and Matt Helm), Rat Pack (Dino's my fave), Burlesque, vintage sleaze, hot rods, Rockabilly, etc. It's good to be here. I look forward to getting to know you guys and learning/talking about everything to do with Tiki.

Talk to you later,
Keith

Hiya Rogue,
Welcome to TC. Glad to have a fellow 007 lover on the board. Here is a short thread on Bond...give it a post and have fun. :)

Hey Vampiress,

Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate it. It's good to be here. It's also always nice to come across another fan of 007. I'll have to check out that thread on Bond. Sounds cool. Thanks for mentioning it to me.

Oh yeah. Since you mentioned Bond, I just launched my own MySpace page. It's got some Bond stuff, etc. up there. Check it out if you like.

http://www.myspace.com/roguespy007

Plus this will give you and anyone else a better idea of who this newcomer is. Once again it's good to be here. I can't wait to talk to everybody about Tiki and so on.

Thanks again. Take care. :)

On 2007-04-18 05:56, VampiressRN wrote:
Hiya Rogue,
Welcome to TC. Glad to have a fellow 007 lover on the board. Here is a short thread on Bond...give it a post and have fun. :)

[ Edited by: roguespy007 2007-04-18 08:45 ]

Hey roquespy007! Very cool website. Love your play list. Welcome to TC.

Mrs Hoptiki

KL

Hello Everyone!

I live in Long Beach with my wife (Ratgirl on TC) and I have been lurking for awhile.

A few years back we decided to remodel our new addition "tiki style" and we havent stopped there. Currently I am bulding a volcano in my front yard. It seems like a bad remake of Close Encounters of the Third Kind with the crazed plans for Koi Pond and Volcano fountain. We already are almost complete on the perimeter Lava Wall and four 200+ lb. concrete tiki heads that act as posts.

If any are interested I will try to get a site together with some pictures of the progress. In the mean time I intend to get my tiki on and visit all the happening spots!

[ Edited by: King Leo 2007-04-19 18:48 ]

Welcome to TC King Leo.

It's always great to hear from other tikiphiles in the LB area, please post some pics I would really love to see how the volcano is coming along.

Hey all my tiki lovin bruddahs!
Been lurking awhile finally joined up!
I live in So Cal...........a stones throw from Bahooka.
Had to post when I saw a thread about Damons in Glendale.
Hope to join in regularly!

Hi there!

Let me introduce myself. I'm Bastardo Saffrin, that is the nice spanish translation for you know what. I'm from Barcelona, and "los bares hawaianos" has been some thing that has always been there, but in the last months me and my girlfriend are getting into tiki stuff.

Well, I just wanted to say hi and ask for something about orgeat, but I don't think this is the proper topic...

Adios!

Thanks Mrs Hoptiki for the welcome and for the compliment about my website. I'm just getting it started. I'm glad you liked the play list. I want to change and add some new songs. I want to put some more Tiki songs up there. I also want to get some more Rockabilly. Right now it's mostly lounge and swing music. I am glad to be here. Take care.

Keith

On 2007-04-18 11:03, Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki wrote:
Hey roquespy007! Very cool website. Love your play list. Welcome to TC.

Mrs Hoptiki

On 2007-04-18 00:02, roguespy007 wrote:
Hey there!

My name's Keith. I'm 36 and live in NC.

Hey wow, another member in NC! how cool is that?

Zombiepops

Greetings from Sunny Seattle!

My name is Sprague and this is my first posting... ever!

I just registered with Tiki Central and wanted to send a big HELLO to all my fellow tiki nuts. Thanks for having me.

On 2007-04-21 12:46, bamboobeavis wrote:
I just registered with Tiki Central and wanted to send a big HELLO to all my fellow tiki nuts. Thanks for having me.

AAAAAAALLLLLOOOOHHHAAAA and welcome aboard Brother bamboo!

HEY!!! Great names everyone.....welcome to TC. You are bound to find someone who lives in your part of the jungle. Have fun. :)

T

Sup Kats. Been lurkin and really diggin what I see. I got this site indirectly from Clysdale. Hoping to post some stuff soon.

Peace and Grease.

Thom "Bug"

well, hello!

i only found tiki central recently, and couldn't resist joining, my tiki collection has been growing slowly for around 6 years now in Sheffield (Yorkshire, UK)... us Britikis rock :D

Well aloha and welcome, its always good to have more Britiki people around.

I am a newbie at Tiki Central and am very excited to join the community. I live in Michigan, which is unfortunately lacking in tiki hangouts.

My love of tiki began when my parents took me to the Kahiki at a young age.

Welcome to all the new members! Now get contributing! Just kidding...

T

Hello all. I just joined the site and I love it. I just got a new place and I'm decorating it all trpopical/tiki themed. I'm having fun finding cool stuff for the place. This site has been a huge help! Thanks all!!

Los Angeles Tiki explosion

Here to make tiki and rock

Good to be hear

See yall on teh boards

howdy
so... i went to new zealand for 3 months, which is where i picked up my interest in tikis, specifically maori hei-tikis made of jade, and i want to make some of my own, so im here to learn :)

bio:
21 year old guy from florida, my array of interests is varied and eclectic; im sure ill relate some of them, later, somewhere.

Welcome to all the new posters. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your tiki decor and crafts. :D

Hi,
I just joined the forum and I wanted to say hello. I really fell for Tiki after a few Mai Tai's at the Tonga Room in SF. It's been on the brain ever since.
Brad

R
Ripper posted on Tue, May 8, 2007 9:02 PM

Hiya, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. I am very new here and like what I see ! Im all about things "Tiki". I am also a big fan of the 30's and 40's , old safari clothing and black and white film as well as photographs . I look forward to meeting you all and having fun here at Tiki Central.

On 2007-05-08 21:02, Ripper wrote:
Hiya, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. I am very new here and like what I see ! Im all about things "Tiki". I am also a big fan of the 30's and 40's , old safari clothing and black and white film as well as photographs . I look forward to meeting you all and having fun here at Tiki Central.

From your intro,

You feel so "Ohana" Like allready!

Have fun!

Rock on!

R
Ripper posted on Tue, May 8, 2007 9:07 PM

Thank you . Im glad I found The "right" place.

[ Edited by: Ripper 2007-05-08 21:18 ]

Sandiegodan, are you posted?

Aloha tiki 'ohana!

My name is Michael Breckenridge. I'm a journalist, photographer and sculptor.

I've logged a lot of miles traveling the USA and living different places, but after 47 mainland states plus Hawaii, I'm pretty much settled in the Spokane, WA area.

I carve wood and stone. I do tikis, abstracts, and world culture sculptures - like Easter Island moais, Corsican soul statues, stuff like that.

Some of my pieces I sell, others I donate to art charity auctions to benefit my local community.

I hope to have many pleasant conversations here. Mahalo for reading!

Aloha ,

I am new to all this forum stuff, but thought you guys might be interested in my tiki inspired house.For the last 8 years, I have been covering the outside walls and garden in mosaics, much of which is tiki inspired.
I have also just won a commission to cover a van in tiki inspired mosaics for the UK's first ever ART CAR PARADE.
So watch this space.
Please go to http://www.myspace.com/treatmentrooms to see my house and let me know what you all think.

With love
Baroness Von Carrie Reichardt and Mr Spunky
of the Treatment Rooms

[ Edited by: treatmentrooms 2007-05-14 13:52 ]

Cheers Big Ears,

After staring at the Tiki scary men with red blinking eys as a child standing in the old lobby of the Mirimar Hotel ('72), I find myself living in Warwick (pronounced Waaaaaawik)and missing California. I am an amateur radio operator with the call sign of K9MEL. I am also a Shriner.....and let me tell you, they know how to drin.....er'.....give to charity. I love this forum...and gazzzunhehidt SP? genten nacht whaaaaa he say?

bodotikiman fart

oh.....i will be at the Hukilau...i am staying at the host hotel....look for the geek with the radio and fez.

oh excuse me (silent one)

S

It's been too long since I was at HULAHULA with Mr Tiki Bar and ExotiKitty. Thank you Exoticat for posting my photo(Sandra)on the site. Since then I have introduced the bar to my sister's from Portland. Are you still gathering there on Thursday nights?
I also attended MonkeySkull's Voudoo lounge last year, but I went unnoticed...but my Tiki mug from Waikiki is probably on display:-)

Aloha, SanDee

Hi everyone -

I'm not really new to TC - my old username was "denvertiki." I'm now "tikibeeyatch."

Would love to stay in the loop with fellow Denver tikiphiles.

Mahalo!

Welcome to all and a special aloha to SanDee, dragonboat rower extrordinaire and general mayhem maker. Did you really move to Bellevue because they have a Trader Vic's?

Aloha!

I'm Paige, and I love tiki and mid-century modern style. I just found this forum, and I've already gotten ideas to further swankify my bachelor pad, added items to my Amazon wishlist, and signed up for the NE Tiki Tour! (and I'm at work :P)

This place is GREAT! I'm inspired to go home, throw on some Esquivel and bang out some tiki pinstriping.

Mahalo nui loa!

Paige
Middletown CT, USA

Hi everyone!
Hope I'm doing this right... Just wanted to introduce myself with this first post. I'm a home bartender and tiki hobbyist. This is a neat forum you've got going here. I'm excited to hear what's going on... If someone wants to help direct me to some cool strings on mixology and party throwing, I'll be in heaven. Love,
B

Mmm, The Boutiki, you might want to think about a different name before you get too entrenched around here. Boutiki and you might have to have a stand-off!

(There lots of similar names on here, mind you, but if you have any control over yours, maybe think about it.....)
F

Oh, and hey - Welcome!! We're happy to have you here, whatever you call yourself. LOTS of us into mixology 'round here :)

[ Edited by: Formikahini 2007-05-18 12:59 ]

Ha! OK :) Well, I would never want to stand on toes. The Boutiki is the name of my home bar, so I just signed up with that. I'll see if I can change it.

Welcome welcome everyone. This is a great place...you will have lots of fun and we like to see any artsy fartsy stuff you do...bring it on!!!

(Ripper....love your pirate flag.)

Hello Folks! Theded1 is officially D E A D. I am now TIKI KAIMUKI. This will be the name of my new mug venture!

Hello everybody! I am a lounge-music/retro-culture/Tiki lover living in the Littleton/Highlands Ranch, CO area. I own a DJ company called Retrophaze DJs and my site is http://www.retrophazedjs.com . I also work for Pulte Mortgage and my wife works for Qwest Communications. I have a daughter who turns 7-years old soon! I play drums in my spare time (which I would love to make my full time) and I'm involved in Politics with the local Democratic party as well as ministries within my Catholic community of Pax Christi. In 2006 my family and I went to San Diego for a wedding and we visited The Bali Hai Restaurant for some authentic Tiki/Polynesian culture and food. It was great! I love San Diego! We stayed in an incredible Bed & Breakfast nestled in the hills amongst the palm trees and with a wonderful view of the harbor and Naval base. A great place to visit for the quintessential California experience (ala, old school coast town). Any way, we are looking forward to visiting the Colorado locations that promote Tiki culture and imbibing drinks with our fellow travelers! Specifically, we are planning to visit "The Castaways" Inn and Restaurant in Manitou Springs soon. Can't wait! Everyone have a great Summer of 2007! Remember, we only have a year-and-a-half until Bush/Cheney leave office! Of course, anytime between then and now would be preferable, but at least we have that to look forward to!

God bless!

P.S., if any of you are Progressive Rock fans out there, let me take this opportunity to put in a plug for the new Rush CD, "Snakes & Arrows". It's great!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 4278 replies