Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Official Introductions Thread. New Members, Post your introduction here...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 4,278 replies

Welcome Jorge and Ellen!

Now that I'm registered...Well this is the 2nd time actually. The 1st one never went through.
I'm David (or Double,depending on the group I'm with...)and I moved from San Jose to LA back in August.
Anyway,some of you already know me from the SF Bay Area and if you're in the SoCal area,say Hi at an upcoming event!

AT

ALOHA !!!
As you can see on the side here

Hello everybody!
I'm a long time user of the site but only now signed up for an account. I've been a fan of tiki before I even knew what tiki was; I collect vinyl and when ever I would come across an exotica album, I would have to pick it up because the covers were just so cool. It was only in 2000 when I walked by Sven's Book of Tiki did I discover how big the movement was and I've been hooked ever since then. Looking forward to building a home bar in the near future. I also just made my first trip to the Tonga Room in SF. That was a dream come true. Okay that's all for now, gotta go pick me up some Zombie head mugs at Trader Sam's!

Hey Everyone! Wanted to give a shout out and say hello!

Semi-new to Los Angeles area (from NYC), met some awesome tiki-philes out this way and checked out some awesome bars. Man, you guys got it going on out this way!

I'm also very much into the music...if anyone can recommend any good bands, hit me up!

Also...just released a "Horror Lounge" CD...gotta free music download for everyone...you can grab it at:

http://jimmypsycho.com/Mad_Monster_Cocktail_Party%21%21%21.html

Jimmy
http://www.jimmypsycho.com
http://www.psychocharger.com

Hey guys, Just signed up to the forum last month. My name's Keith but the Crazy Capizzi nick name came from my younger more extreme years. youtube the name if your curious. Anyway I carved some 17 years ago and hadnt touched a chisel till recently. This forum really inspired me to start carving again so here i am. thanks for all the encouragements so far. ps: if any one has some extra chisels they aren't using and want to send my way I will put them to good use. im working off a 3pc harbor freight chisel set.

Welcome, new people!

Been in the tiki community here in California for along time.. For some odd reason my cadfink TI account disappeared and it cant be recovered So I finally made a new one!!!! I love this site and Everyone that shares there passion knowledge and friendship..

Hi all,

I've been a member here before but have been inactive on this site for more than ten years so I thought I'd stop in and say hi, and renew my membership. Although I've been quiet on this site, I'm still as much of a tikiphile as ever, and go to Tiki Oasis every year (have since the early days in Palm Springs). Some of you already know me from Flickr site, or LottaLiving (where I was also a regular).

Not much to say about me, other than I live in San Diego and am originally from Honolulu. I'm an avid hobbyist photographer and I try to document whatever I can find of tiki out there.

At the suggestion of a friend, I'll post a few photos here that may be of interest.

Aloha and mahalo nui loa !

Darren

T

Hello Linda32,
Welcome,
Hope you can tell us more about How to dress as" gangnam style"
Or Buychina.com.
Do you work for them?

KK

Just got introduced to Tiki Central thru the best tiki artist I've seen in a while! Thanx Brad "Tiki Shark" Parker.Saw his art at the Wylands Gallery on The Big Island in downtown Kailua-Kona this Halloween and I was immediately hooked! I hail from the Emerald City (Seattle)and I look forward to seeing more great things here at Tiki Central.

Hello! My name is lokahi and from Honolulu, Hawaii. I'm happy I found this site. :)

Team Tiki,
Been a backseat lurker for a year or so.. The talent here "OMG" is impressive and humbling
for me as well!! "RocksOutpost" is a future vision for me and a big challenge ahead.My
Name is John and i reside in East coast of Fl, Cocoa.. The local carvers in our area is extensive
and very talented!!!.. between them Talent on here it keeps me challenged/motivated to kick up
my game! Look forward to meeting/brainstorming & sharing with all!!
Free Palm Log to any members that are in my area & want to stop in! Lol
Glad to be here!!
John

Any friend of CC is a friend of ours.
We need more Fl. carvers.
But,
Let's see your stuff.

Aloha from Kauai! My name is Dylan and I run the Havaiki Oceanic & Tribal Art Gallery in the beautiful town of Hanalei on the North Shore. We specialize in Museum Quality Treasures from Polynesia and Oceania
including: Carvings ♦ Tikis ♦ Jewelry ♦ Hawaiian Paddles ♦ Polynesian Weapons
Check our website, become our friend on Facebook and shop at our new eBay store!

Greetings from Australia (or as Homer would say Opposite Land!)

I recently got into Tiki through my love of cocktails. Drinkboy’s cocktail web site led me to Beachbum Berry’s and before I knew it I was listening to Les Baxter and buying Tiki merchandise on eBay.

I’ve just put down my first patch of Pimento Dram. The recipe I used called for 150ml of lime juice which could be problematic if it decides to go off and ferment. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Cheers!

Hi from Australia-
all I can say is wow-i stumbled across this site while looking for ideas for some hebel carving.
i new that there was a bit of a subculture and some serious collectors out there but....
hey i can come out of the closet now!
just a quick hello-im going to have a good look through the forums

Greetings from North West Alabama....I am new to the world of tiki...bought a set of Witco Mushrooms...brought them home, looked them up on the internet and ba-da-bing! I was hooked!

Hi. I just completed my first tiki. I'm from ottawa Canada. : )

R

New here. Making my first post. Looking forward to exploring the web site.

Welcome to the fun...

F

Aloha! Kahakiaka. Also, Mele Kalikimaka and Hau Makahiki to everyone!

I'm new to this site and to the Ooga Mooga Tiki Mug site. Having lived in Hawaii for about ten years I must say that I fell in love with the Tiki lounge way of life while I was there and I had many opportunities to enjoy authentic "Tiki-like" artistic pieces dating back to the 30's.

I'll leave this post at that for now, and again - Aloha!

• FlyingO

[ Edited by: FlyingO 2012-12-19 18:47 ]

Aloha to all! Been collecting tiki & Hawaiiana for quite a few years now and regularly checking this site. Nice to have a place to share all the great tiki artifacts and information. My drink of choice is kava since I no longer can have alcohol. My addictive personality has led to a profound tiki addiction. Still waiting to hit bottom.

Welcome new members!

My New Year's resolution is to drink a Mai Tai for every new person who joins. It's gonna be a helluva good year, heh!

Aloha All,

I'm a surf musician who lives on the Big Island, Hawaii. Been a long time since I visited this site and I'm very impressed by the level of craftmanship and artistry I'm seeing on these pages. Mele Kalikimaka everyone!

A

Mele Kalikimaka! As a Californian married to a Hawaiian now living in Maryland I have been wondering how to foster the aloha spirit here in my community. I'm an event designer working for a local decor company so I have the tools to transform a venue into a tiki bar for say, one night a month for starters. I'm thinking of approaching my local Chinese restaurant since they have the liquor license and could flex their menu to suit the decor I would provide.
If you have tried some event like this please let me know how it has worked out. I may need examples to convince a bar owner.
I'm a swing dancer too here in the DC area and would love to work surf swing into the mix too.
This community looks like a great resource. I hope other Marylanders will check in especially if you mourn the loss of Chick Hall Surf Club.

Hilary

Welcome to all the new posters....hope you all are having a wonderful holiday season.

Aloha everyone!

This is not my first time here, but as this user name. Haven't been on the site for a while, but missed it. Hope to meet some cool people & have fun here!

Mike from Baltimore

C

Aloha!

I've been lurking on tikicentral for around 7 years and am now being bold enough to start posting. This site has been a wonderful resource for me all of these years. I'm not some troll looking to make a quick buck from my finds. I do, however, have a few questions about some items I have acquired over the last year or so that I can not find any info on. I will post them in the "what is this..." thread in collecting. I look forward to the insight you all have to give as well as giving my two cents.

Mahalo,

Thee Nocount

T
tatou posted on Sun, Dec 30, 2012 2:12 PM

New member in coastal Florida - heard about Tiki Central in Rocket City Cocoa - my boyfriend was stationed on Guam and I have yet to conquer the Mai Tai that he remembers there from the 60's. Nice to find some recipes here - have to try each and every one! Happy New Year Everyone. I will admit that I found you researching how to sell a WitCo Tiki Bar - I will list on Etsy this week and hope that does not make me a total troll - - - - tatou

Hello, I'm proud to be the newest member of Tiki Central. This site is amazing. Hopefully I can make a few friends on here. I live in Las Vegas. Name is Erik. I enjoy talking about pretty much anything Tiki related.

Aloha from Canada. I would like to introduce myself to all TC members. I am looking forward to meeting people from all over. I spend lots of time in Hawai'i, and Anahiem but live in Calgary. I make a great Mai tai too.

Aloha, Kilaueakyd. Welcome to Tiki Central. I'll be over to taste your Mai Tais next time I'm in Calgary! :)

Hello. I live near the seacoast New Hampshire area and just started making some posts recently. I am amazed at the amount of fun things on this site, plus all of the various items which people contribute. Always learn something when on this site. Within the past few weeks, I have started plottin' and plannin' a tiki bar room for our new home sun room with construction to hopefully start end of this week. Look forward to posting the tiki bar pics and getting some great ideas from people.

You're on Sweet Daddy T. Let me know so I can squeeze the limes, crush the ice and brew the Falernum.

Home made falurnum - I'm there for sure! Won't likely be until late spring/early summer.

Here to celebrate & learn....
Cheers...TH

C

Hi from Australia! :)

Aloha - long time reader, first time poster. Tiki fan from Edmonton. Great to be on board finally. Frequent traveller to Hawaii, Palm Springs, Arizona, and Vegas. Raised in a tiki basement by grandparents. Love the ability to connect with like-minded tiki-nuts.

Welcome to TC robbie silver. If you ever find yourself 3 hours south let me know. Perhaps a cocktail at the Voodoo lounge would be in order.

Hey robbie silver - welcome to TC. Hope you hang around a while, we need the numbers here in Etown.

-Sweet Daddy T.
Because crap doesn't buy itself.

blog

[ Edited by: Sweet Daddy Tiki 2013-01-19 23:32 ]

D

Hello from Chicago!
I've been lurking on the boards for a while and have become completely blown away by so many of the artisans who post their work here on TC!
The boyfriend has been into tiki for years, collecting mugs and memorabilia, and has sucked me into his wonderful world. Wherever we travel we take along the Tiki Road Trip book. Best place visited so far? Mai Kai!
We're always looking to meet up with fellow Chicago tiki aficionados and are anxiously waiting for Three Dots and a Dash to finally make its very belated opening!

B

Hello from NJ. Been a long time fan of all things tiki, hot rod, rockabilly, and day of the dead. I've lurked here on and off but finally decided to register to expand my knowledge and hopefully contribute to the community. Just overwhelmed right now with the massive amount of tiki content here...I currently have 2 Tiki projects I'm working on - one is burning/painting/staining/sealing a carved white birch tiki I bought over the summer; the other is a Tiki themed tattoo half sleeve that started last year with the Tiki and will hopefully continue in the near future with supporting tiki art...I've added my tattoo to the tattoo thread in the general forum if you're interested to take a look...

Aloha...

Welcome to TC Biggy! It's always great to see someone else from New Jersey. There's not too many of us here, being that NJ is pretty much devoid of all things tiki.

B

Thanks, Lori. There was Jan's Waikiki in Fair Lawn on Rt. 4 waaaaay back when I was a little kid and didn't even know what a Tiki was, but I heard they had great fishbowl drinks at the time...and then Otto's Shrunken Head in NYC which I hit last year...Great Rum drinks, decent decor, but a little weathered inside.

Then there was always the Tiki bar at the shore, which was never very Tiki, but a tragic loss to Sandy nonetheless...I wonder if we'll see something new and Tiki inspired pop up with all the rebuiding that's going on...

im a new member from cold and snowy scotland! so hi to all, one of the reasons i am here as i need help from any tiki/exotica music fans (I work for a record label!) brian x

Hello from Ft. Lauderdale where Tiki is a way of life. I live within a spears throw of the world famous Mai Kai.

HT

On 2013-01-31 15:28, TikiRickFTL wrote:
Hello from Ft. Lauderdale where Tiki is a way of life. I live within a spears throw of the world famous Mai Kai.

Showoff! =)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 4278 replies