Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Official Introductions Thread. New Members, Post your introduction here...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 4,278 replies

B

Welcome Dtikiman, cool name.
Come on in, sit down and stay awhile.
I'm sure you will find Lots of help and ideas for your tiki hut.
Have fun and enjoy

Great Site! I don't know why it took me so long to join?????

B

Welcome LavaPants. Is that the same as HotPants?
we are glad to have you and It's about time you stopped by.
Enjoy

Aloha all!

Trader Pup dragged me to my first event, the Tiki Beach Burn... had a great time! Looking forward to future events!

Tom

Welcome HT!

Aloooo-Haaaaa all newcomers!
Have a drink and enjoy yoursleves.
:tiki:

Honolulu Tommy, it was a pleasure to meet you at the beach burn & talk with ya at Bong's afterwards. Welcome!

Aloha....

Great site-lots of info for us newbees

Happy to be a part of the East Coast Tiki revival!

Howdy Tiki Central, thought it was about time I stopped hiding behind my other half, Kon Hemsby, and stepped out into the light, especially after meeting Cheeky Tiki, Formikahini and the Cheeky Halfs for a great afternoon / evening of cocktails at Vics last week. Look forward to sharing all things Tiki with you all ..

Mahalo HH x

[ Edited by: Hibiscus Honey on 2004-07-27 02:14 ]

:tiki:Aloha from the "tropical" island of Long, an hour away from Manhattan. My husband and I are sign artists/power tool wood carvers/graphic designers specializing in tiki and related themes. Anyone know anything about the defunct Bali Hai in Northport, NY? I remember it well but have no concrete info or photos...
Mahalo!
-Tikisignartist :sheckymug:

[ Edited by: tikisignartist on 2004-07-26 16:52 ]

Welcome, tikisignartist!

Glad to have someone from the Isle of Long join us ... and for our friendship we expect a proper "watering down" next time we're in Manhattan!

Mrs. Satan's Sin refuses even the kindest of cocktail suggestions.

[ Edited by: Satan's Sin on 2004-07-26 18:53 ]

C

Welcome Hibiscus Honey. May your tiki mug always be full.

I've also been lurking in the background, so this is my first post too!

B

Welcome coconuts ,Come on in sit down and stay awhile. Show us All your pichers and we'll show you ours.

T

Hi, just found this thread, I live in the Palisades, I play the uke and started carving, my garage is already fill up with all kind of logs drying.
I design website for a living.
I am a 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's and 60's freak.
I've been drawing tikis for a while but never really knew I liked tikis so much until I went to Tahiti to take some pictures and 360o for one of my client
(http://www.10sign.com/2002/qtvr/bora/beachcomber-deck.html).
I've build forums for some of my clients before but never was really into it, this is definitely the best forum ever, there is tones of info, it's really helpful.
Thanks to everyone that takes the time to post answers. I was glad to found out that there are a lot of really talented people out there too.

Tahitiki

B

Tahitiki, glad you found us and glad that you find TC so usefull. Ofcourse we want to see pix of all your stuff including your first tiki carving. WE have Lots of helpers here so just Ask..

I've been reading the site for awhile (and love it!!), but always been shy about posting. However, I have finally decided to sign up, so here is my first post...Is anyone going to the Enchanted Tiki Room this weekend before the closure for renovations? Also looking forward to other So. Ca. events and meeting fellow tikiphiles from Tiki Central!

Hi! I'm new here. So far I'm loving it. Very inspiring, lots of nice links, and info that matters, tunes, and art work, and all the Shag a girl could ask for!

It's Tiki-tastic! And I'm a big geek.

Bye

Formerly Palm Paunch, now Stainless Steel Tiki. I came up with "palm paunch" while suffering from a whopping hangover in a Mexican jail, so it wasn't my best of times. At least, I hope it wasn't...

I’m a fat guy with glasses. I’ve loved Tiki since I was a child and now, in my mid 30's have tiki’d my bedroom. I put matting on two walls and faux leopard fur on the other two. Grass skirts serve as window treatment. Picture frames made of bamboo are on the walls along with several Tiki. When maintenance came to work on my apartment the guy’s jaw dropped when he saw it.
That’s all I needed to know I did it well.

In real life I work in retail as well as writing press releases freelance and running my own small internet company selling skeletons.

I’m single. Mmm, big surprise.

A good friend of mine says in my case rather than an inner child I have a very thin adult veneer.

Dadgum, I just made a major faux pas and started my own "Hi" thread.

Me = n00b. But anyway, Hi everyone!

Y

Hi All,

It's good to be in the room... My wife (Al's cousin) and I are huge tiki enthusiasts. She has been a mischeivious obtainer of mugs for several decades. I used to smuggle Havana Club Run during my software consulting days in Trinidad... A duty free box can be reused over and over and over again...

K

I was Drunken Sailor, but that name was too similar to Drunk Sailor on Shore Leave. So I will now be Krustiki.

A

Aloha Yomutt,
Glad to see you at the luau. Welcome aboard.
Mahalo,
Al

Hey all-
I must admit that I have been lurking about on your fantastic pages for weeks! I have been drawn to tikis since my early days of watching Greg Brady's tiki adventure. I didn't know that I wasn't alone until recently, when I came across your site while researching ideas for my upcoming tiki theme gameroom. My husband thinks I'm nuts, but he has his quirks too! Thanks for all of the great info I have read so far-- this place is great.

BTW, my name is Susie, I'm 31, and my baby boy has a huge collection of tropical shirts!

H

Boy, we got a lot of new folks over the weekend. That's great! Welcome, everyone. It's always great to see the lurkers jumping in. :)

J

Howdy folks! Found this site while lookin for a chrome hula doll hood ornament for a pete. Great site goin to enjoy coming here.

Eric

T

There must be something in the air with all these new memebers. Welcome one and all.

I believe that I have finally out lived this infamous character notoriously known as "Unga Bunga", so this is why I will be changing my name to Chunka Wunka. A name proudly taken from a brave native warrior of the past, from some Polynesian island that I can't remember at the present time
Let the party begin!
(Side note for all of you new arrivals: We would like to apologize in advance for Unga’s white trash missionary behavior.)

WELCOME TO ALL WHO ARE NEW HERE!

i'd like a chunka wunka with hot sauce and extra sour cream.

[ Edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2004-08-05 12:28 ]

T

Joining 'tiki central' after months of learning (and sometimes laughing) thought it was about time to give back something to the communitiki...

K

Aloooooooooooooo-HAAAAAAaaaaa from beautiful Safety Harbor, Florida.

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My name is TJ, and I play Hawaiian steel guitar with my band Haole Kats!!!, which does hapa-haole Hawaiian, surf and party music, sometimes with local hula dancers (when we can get 'em).

Haole Kats!!! is the alter ego of my other band, Wholly Cats!!! (http://www.whollycatsband.com), which is more big band swing, jazz, funk and R&B.

Look forward to meeting all of you!

Aloha!

B

Welcome CHuknaWunka, I'm sure you will love TC as much as poor old Unga Bunga did. And I'm sure we at TC will find you just as interesting and funny as Unga Bunga was.. Happyhappyhappy
tewa-tiki welcome and come on in,Kanekila you to, pull off your shoes and stay awhile. Tell us all about yourselves and show is ALL the oictures you have, Teach us haw to do All that neat stuff you do.

Ahoy and Aloha y'all!
Sending bubbling salutations from steamy Atlanta Ga.
After countless proddings from Tiki Kiliki, I have set down my scotch to sharpened my typing skills and join in the Tiki flow. If you're in Atl on Thursday nights come by Trader Vic's and say hello to me and the boys at our weekly Tongo Hiti "Suck 'Em Down" musical marathon.
mahalo,
TH

C

Hey, I've followed this site for a while, but just got around to posting. Beyond tiki I'm into other 40's-60's american culture and music. I play bass(electric and upright) and would love to join a exotica, instro, lounge type band.

Okay, after a few months of lurking, I am now officially de-cloaked. Greetings to everyone!

B

WOW Look at the Tikiphiles Rilling in...
Welcome Tongo Hiti from Atlanta, you will find a few other Atlantians here
Come on in calneva, looks like you will be living in our Music forums
And COme on down and stay awhile Hakalugi. Love the name. I'm sure you will find plenty to talk about.
We have several new tiki lovers joine recently and we are Glad to have you. Make yoursevles comfortable and don't be afraid to sdhow us Pictures, We LOVE Pictures

Aloha, My real name is Ray and I live in NYC (not exactly the tiki capital of the world, but still a great place). I am very much into all things tiki and spend a lot of my time playing surf guitar instrumental music (D1ck Dale, etc.). I just found this place and look forward to spending some time here.

B

Welcome Urban Tiki. Hope you can find enough tiki here to make up for the lack of it in your town. WE Got tiki

Hi everyone!
I am Ed, I live a little South of Boston, and have been a tiki freak since I was 9 and first set foot in the Polynesian resort. I am also a big music geek too.
This board is great! I have been trying to post more often...so many topics so little time...

Say hi if you like!

M

Ed,

A freak and a geek... Not too many like that 'round here, but you're still welcome. We're looking forward to your contributions. Post away!

Z

Hi to the TC: New to the Tiki World, tho have enjoyed the retro 50's for some years now. Just moved into a home in hysteric Smithfield VA and it has a pool. Old carriage house in the back that would make a grand hut. Not much so far, but am gathering ideas and throwing around tschokes that I already have collected. My boyfriend's son does chainsaw carving, so I know Tikis are on the way. Will post a pic of his last work when I can figure out how, it was covered in the local newspaper in Norfolk VA. It is very nice. Thanks in advance for all the help. Zag

M

Zag - First post and it a Hello. VERY impressive. Welcome aboard.

MachTiki

HW

Aloha, this is my first post on Tiki Central after reading the board for the past few weeks and want to introduce myself.

I've been in So Cal after moving from the Big Island and Oahu after 15 years. My interests are playing uke and paddling outrigger canoe in the OC-6 division here in So Cal. The latter is where I take my username "hoe wa'a."

Favorite tiki: Ku

On 2004-08-18 18:11, Urban Tiki wrote:
Aloha, My real name is Ray and I live in NYC (not exactly the tiki capital of the world, but still a great place). I am very much into all things tiki and spend a lot of my time playing surf guitar instrumental music (D1ck Dale, etc.). I just found this place and look forward to spending some time here.

UrbanTiki, there's several Tiki places & Tiki nights in Manhattan, plus if you're willing to travel there's places on Staten Island & in Jersey. Pick up a copy of "Tiki Road Trip" & take a gander at all the tiki in your area!

E
EsQui posted on Fri, Aug 20, 2004 6:28 PM

Hi Tiki People,

I'm new here! I'm an artist from Chicago that does tiki art as well as pop art. After participating in Tiki Toa's event in Wisconsin, I finally decided to join Tiki Central. Waiting Chair Gallery is exhibiting my work in Chicago on 8/27/04. You can see the post in the tiki events section, titled "Chicago Tiki & Pop Art." Hope to meet some of you there. Until then, here is a picture of me and my wife, Lissette (and my concubines). Thanks.

EsQui.

[ Edited by: EsQui on 2004-08-20 18:35 ]

[ Edited by: EsQui on 2004-08-20 18:38 ]

Hey Everybody!! My name is Scott my screename is the Sperm Whale. I attend alot of Tiki Events in the L.A. area. I collect tiki from every place I can find it. I love to go to Bahooka, Trader Vic's, Tiki Ti, and the Purple Orchid whenever I have a chance. I just attended the Tiki Beach Festival in Belmont Shores and met quite a few of you TCer's yesterday. And I look forward to meeting more of you at the HUKILAU!!

Welcome, new folks!

Hoe Wa'a, not many of us can claim THAT cool a skill - outrigger racing - Wow!!

Sperm Whale, I gotta say I LOVE that name. Love it.

EsQui, you certainly know how to make a Tiki Central entrance: posed next to a bitchin' carving you made yourself, surrounded by gorgeous, scantily-clad wahines (and a beautiful wife). You tryin' to make us jealous or somethin'? Huh? HUH?? :wink:

Welcome, boys!
Formikahini

EsQui, I'm thinking you're top row center, am I right?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 4278 replies