Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Humphrey's/Bali Hai Day After Thanksgiving

Pages: 1 2 3 4 177 replies

O

We're up for it. Anybody else??
:drink:

M

Not entirely sure of the family plans but I think I will be around.

S

We would be there, since it is within walking distance. Unfortunately, we will be visiting family in Louisiana. Another time maybe.

A

I'd love to go,But, Shelley and I will be out of town.
Mahalo,
Al

I'm in there.

MG

YEP!
I think we should do it every week.
What do ya think about that?

O

Bump!!

We're taking final roll call for reservations. Please post if you can make it for Friday's dinner and drinks.

Thanks,
'OnaTiki & Moki

I was wondering about this! Not sure if I can make it because I'm having my house painted this weekend but I'm gonna try. If I do, I'll probably just meet you guys for drinks. What time is going to happen? Will there be a post-Bali Hai gathering somewhere?

O

We're looking at 6:30ish at the Bali Hai and if anyone wants we can have pre or post cocktails at our place.

We live in Clairemont just off the 5 freeway. PM us if you need our address.

Monkeyman and the Mrs. plan to attend

We would love to see OnaTiki's place if possible.

TB

Utopiandreem & I are still in! Can you pm me directions to your place?

thanks.

tbird.

[ Edited by: tiki bird on 2004-11-23 22:02 ]

M

Count Marianne and I in for this. Sorry for the late notice. We've been a little out of the loop on TC happenings lately as life has gotten unbelievably busy for us. Fortunately, we made time to take our first trip to Hawaii and just returned late last night. So, we've got some good stories to share (and will post here as well when time permits). We're also in for any pre or post events. Just let us know and we'll be there.

Rich (ModMana) :drink:

Tonga Queen and I are up for the fun as well.. Sounds like lots of fun.

Mai Tai after turkey day.. Fun Fun

O

The more the merrier. Glad so many are able to come. Where are the rest of you San Diego TC'ers? :wink:

Tonga King, I sent you an e-mail.
See ya Friday.

T

[ Edited by: tikichic 2005-10-06 07:05 ]

A

Yeah, I'm in Texas. I saw the Alamo!!! You guys have fun. Happy Thanksgiving.
Mahalo,
Al

O

Okay TikiChick and Al & Shelly, you're excused. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

DZ

Well, this would have been the third year in a row for me, but I don't think it's gonna happen this year. :(

However, there is a verrrry outside chance that I might show up after all! What time are y'all meetin' at the Bali Hai?

O

Reservations are for 6:45pm in the name of Tiki Central. Pre-party at our place. You know you've been dying to see it. :wink:

Hope you can make it!

TB

Hey Ona, will c ya b4 5pm at your place for pre drinks! Will give ya a call.

tbird

W

Hi.....Are kids welcome to this gathering tonight? If so......add 3 more to the list.
(Mean Gene & I may be bringing our 2 yr old little girl).
Thanks, Lisa

[ Edited by: Weence on 2004-11-26 13:40 ]

We are bringing our kids. 4 and 6

O

Last night was too much fun! We had a great group and the staff at the Bali Hai treated us wonderfully.

In attendance were Shipwreckjoey, Mustang Sally (Mrs. Wreck, Ha), Monkeyman and the family, Tonga King & Tonga Queen, Mr. & Mrs. Kick the Reverb, TikiBird, UtopianDream, Mean Gene, Weence & Weencette, Mr. & Mrs. Modmana, OnaTiki and Moki.

We gathered at our place for a few cocktails before heading to the Bali Hai. Really enjoyed having everybody over to see the progress so far. Can't wait to host the "finally finished" party. Kick the Reverb brought a new creation, yet to be named. It was quite tasty.

Thanks again Monkeyman for the gift. It was very cool. Thanks to TikiBird, UtopianDream, Tonga King & Queen for making the long trek down.

Here are a few pics.

Tonga King, Tonga Queen, Mrs. Modmana, TikiBird & Modmana. UtopianDream in reflection.

Mrs. Modmana after an unfortunate incident of alcohol abuse. Moki also experienced the same fate only a short time later. Those mai tai glasses were very slippery.

The rest of the pics can be viewed at shutterfly.
http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAN2TFw4aMWzCBA

Thanks again to everyone who came. We really should get together more often.

We had a great time last night. Mahalo to all for showing up and sharing the aloha spirit that makes the Bali Hai what it is and why it's still around today. I like to think we keep the torches lit and in turn we bring home some good mana.

We had ssoooo much fun… Huge thanks to OnaTiki and Moki for extending their hospitality to everyone, including two people who you didn’t even know (us)..
The Bali Bai proved to be well worth the trip. Now we can start to put faces to names. Staying at Humphrys for the night was a great call.. We were a little slow getting going the next morning but we managed. Made our way to Ocean Beach to do a little Tiki Antiquing, Cindy found a little “Teach your self Hula” book from the 50’s that included instruction on the Huka Lau :) We also found a few mugs at the OB Surf shop, they have a few APE mugs, Hot Head mugs and Flame Man Chu Tiki Mug as well as suffering Bastard decanters. We also stopped by Trader Morts to see what we might turn up, we found a really nice bottle of Rum, and we also noticed that there is a Bosko mask hanging in the store… :)
We hope to see you all again soon…

TK & TQ

W

FUN! Nice to meet many of you for the 1st time & see some of you again! Thanks for the warm hospitality. Miss Taylor (weencette) =) had fun as well.....loved playing with Monkeyman's daughter, Penny. Looking foward to the next event & Tiki Oasis in the spring.

T

Sorry that I missed this one after such a fun time last year but I´m in Spain right now. I was in the Kahala in Barcelona on Thanksgiving day thinking of my family and my ohana on Tiki Central. No turkey, but I had plenty of ham.

TB

Thanks Ona & Moki for setting up everything, as well as the pre-Bali Hai drinks at your pad. Man i cant wait till you have your tiki bar finished. Great to see such a turn out. Was able to try Ran's newest un-named drink creation, which was great! Had perfect table against the window to see the San Diegan night skyline as well.

Tbird.

[ Edited by: Tiki Bird on 2004-11-28 20:58 ]

DZ

Has this once venerable TC tradition gone by the wayside? 2005 would have been the 4th year in a row! I see there is a Tiki Bus Tour scheduled for Saturday, but what of Friday?

M
Moki posted on Mon, Nov 14, 2005 11:39 PM

Finally!!! We're up for something!! Anything!!

Utopiandreem & I would drive down for the 4th anniversary day after t-day, anybody else?

TBird.

what bus tour?

Save up your energy for a visit at New Years.

I'll see what the family has planned, but I'm all for hanging out on that friday. Let's figure out some kind of schedule.

I can wait for New Years if need be.

[ Edited by: Matt Reese 2005-11-15 13:26 ]

O

This is going to happen. The 4th annual!!

So far we have:
'Ona & Moki
Dr. Z
Tiki Bird & UtopianDreem
Matt Reese

We'll make the reservations at the Bali Hai once we get a head count. Chime in soon if you want to be included.

Personally, we won't be doing the bus ride, but feel free if there is one scheduled.

If you're coming to town for the weekend, we can host an impromptu get together at the 'OnaTiki lounge on Saturday.

:drink: :drink: :drink:

M

Definitely count us in! Add 2 more to the reservation please. We'll probably skip the bus tour.

ModMana :drink:

We've got our Gran'Daughter that weekend so I'm afraid we're not going to be there for this.

M
Moki posted on Wed, Nov 16, 2005 11:28 PM

Bump!!! It's getting close to time for us to make reservations. Anymore for the list??

Mrs. Spy-tiki and I are in. We're doing the bus tour and staying at Humphry's. What else is going on?

O

So far we're at 10. We're calling to make the reservations tomorrow evening. Anymore takers, speak up now !!!

Aloha!!!

A
Al-ii posted on Sun, Nov 20, 2005 2:09 PM

Sounds fun guys, but, I will be out of town. next time for sure.
Mahalo,
Al

I'm gonna pass on the bus tour, but count me in for the Bali Hai. Thanks ...

I won't be on the bus tour but count me in for the Bali Hai. I'll be bringing a friend as well, so put us down for 2. What time is everyone meeting?

M
Moki posted on Mon, Nov 21, 2005 2:28 PM

I just made reservations for 12 people at 6:00pm. If this is not a good time, please let me know so I can change it.

Larry (one of the owners) was very happy to hear we were coming for dinner. He also said that he'd have our tickets for New Years available for us to pick up.

Al-ii, We'll miss you, who's going to lead the tour of the gardens??

Aloha,
:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Just to clarify -- this is on Friday right? Will there be a pre-party or meeting place somewhere??? Can't wait! See y'all there...

O

You know where the pre party will be...come on..... bar opens around noon.

O

Yes ,friday

Pages: 1 2 3 4 177 replies