Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Humphrey's/Bali Hai Day After Thanksgiving

Pages: 1 2 3 4 177 replies

I should be there Friday. Don't know if the wife is coming or not. Depends on things with her family visiting.

I'll be parking myself at the Bali Hai bar sometime after 5:00. Keep an eye out for me.

S

O.K. so sometimes I'm a dumb-ass. I made the Humphry's reservation for the 26th. I guess I did that because the tour bus thing is on the 26th. Anyway...Damn! They don't have any more spaces for Friday at the cheap-o rate and won't let me switch nights.

Anyone know of a cheap (like $35 bucks or so) Motel 6 type place where the sweetie and I won't be axe-murdered for Friday night? Otherwise please hoist one for my dumb-ass self when you get together at the Bali Hai. I will reciprocate the next night although the company won't be as much fun.

M
Moki posted on Wed, Nov 23, 2005 5:43 PM

Spy-Tiki,
Check your PM's

Aloha!!

O.K. We're back in! found a place down there somewhere for Friday night. See you guys at the Bali Hai around 6:00 right? (hopefully without the axe)
Moki, thank you and Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Aloha!

TB

Hey Ona & Moki, can we add 2 more to the Res?

TBird.

Due to work schedules this year, our family Thanksgiving Dinner is gonna be Friday late afternoon. In the interest of marital harmony I feel compelled to give this event top priority. As some of you remember we tried to juggle this schedule two D.A.T.G.D.'s ago and wound up arriving at the Bali Hai twenty minutes after everyone left. I'm jus' gonna play it by ear this year and if I make it I make it and if I don't I don't. The tightrope I walk during the holidays get thinner every year!

M
Moki posted on Thu, Nov 24, 2005 5:54 PM

Shipwreck-You'll be missed!! Maybe next year.

T-bird-2 more added. Yay!!!

Overstuffed with turkey & stuffing right now, going for a walk to Tiki Tiki Booms. Hope everyone had a great day!!

Aloha!!

C

Have Fun tonight all! Think of us! We'll raise a Mai Tai for you tonight!

Hope to see you on NYE!

Happy Day!

~Cyntiki

Had a great time! It was nice meeting so many TCers face to face. The food was good and Onatiki's new drink was superb! Thanks to everyone involved.

O

The 4th Annual Day After Thanksgiving was a blast as usual. Thanks to all that came out. It was great to see some new faces. Thanks to everyone who came over after for cocktails.
Here are a few pictures.

The group enjoying pupus and a variety of cocktails.

The group pose with Mr. Bali Hai.
Left to right
Back row: Mike, ModMana, Utopian Dreem, Mrs. ModMana, Matt Reese, Moki & Mrs. Spy-Tiki
Front row: Tiki-Bird, 'OnaTiki, DrMiguelito & Spy-Tiki.

There were a few others who would not get in front of the camera as they are in the witness protection program.

We talked to the owner and if you plan on attending the New Year's eve party, you better get your tickets soon.

Aloha!!!
:drink: :drink: :drink:

I had a blast. It was good being back at the Bal Hai after so many years (the last time I was there, the refurbishment of Mr. Bali Hai hadn't taken place yet, so that's going on several years, I believe). My only regret is that my impending post-Thanksgiving food-and-alcohol coma kept me from going to OnaTiki's place; I'll try to rectify that in the coming year. Can't wait for New Year's ...

The Tradition Continues.......WooHooo!!! Let's Meet Up at The Bali Hai the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Get a Room at Humphrey's Half Moon Inn for the weekend, the night, or just come on down for the day. We will be at Humphrey's from Wednesday through Sunday. More Info Coming Soon!!!
*Bring Your Family & Friends!!

FYI..... For those of you checking into Humphrey's on Friday here's the plan: Happy Hour at Bali Hai starts at 3:00pm.....WooHooo!!! Progressive Mai Tais starting at 3pm $5 and increase a $1 every hour until 6:00pm and Happy Hour Food Specials too!!

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2013-11-03 08:16 ]

Humphrey's Half Moon in is having a Fall Getaway Special on their Rooms https://gc.synxis.com/rez.aspx?Hotel=60208&Chain=15879&promo=HARVEST

TM

I think we should start a petition to have Tiki Bong re-instated on this forum!

FREE BONG!!!!!!!!!!!

VOTE FOR BONG?????????

Bueller, Bueller?

Cool! We just booked Friday and Saturday at Humphreys.

On 2013-11-03 08:14, WooHooWahine wrote:
The Tradition Continues.......WooHooo!!! Let's Meet Up at The Bali Hai the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Get a Room at Humphrey's Half Moon Inn for the weekend, the night, or just come on down for the day. We will be at Humphrey's from Wednesday through Sunday. More Info Coming Soon!!!

FYI..... For those of you checking into Humphrey's on Friday here's the plan: Happy Hour at Bali Hai starts at 3:00pm.....WooHooo!!! Progressive Mai Tais starting at 3pm $5 and increase a $1 every hour until 6:00pm and Happy Hour Food Specials too!!

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2013-11-03 08:16 ]

Save us a seat on Saturday. Can’t hardly wait. WooHoo! Mr. and Mr.s Umi

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2013-11-26 00:13 ]

Looking forward to attending once again. See you all there!

I will stumble over the hill to come see you guys! Should be fun and you know I will take any excuse to go to Bali Hai!

Alohaaaaaa Friday......WooHooo!!! Progressive Mai Tais at Bali Hai starting at 3pm $5 and increase a $1 every hour until 6:00pm and Happy Hour Food Specials too!!

So when is everyone gonna be gathering over at the Bali Hai on Saturday? The Mrs. and I will definitely want to swing by for a Mai tai.

Already taken over the bar. Come on down.

Room Party @ Hunphrey's at 4:00 in Room 444. Dinner @ Bali Hai at 6:00pm.......Woohoo!

Navy grog

Oops wrong thread:)

Unfortunately we weren't able to make it back today, but had a great time meeting everyone yesterday!
Hope to see the locals again on Monday & more visitors again soon!

Mahalo! Mahalo to Everyone who came from Far & Near to join us a Humphrey's and Bali Hai. Mark It On Your Calendars........Same Time Next Years... Woohoo!

Just got back from San Diego. Mucho mahaloz to Chris and Karen for organizing this event. CeCe and I had a wunnerful time! Here’s a few of the many pix that I took.

Thanks for posting the pics nui'umi'umi and a Giant Mahalo to Everyone who made donations to The Purple Pig

It's That Time of Year.....WooHoo!!!

The Tradition Continues.......Let's Meet Up at The Bali Hai the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Get a Room at Humphrey's Half Moon Inn for the weekend, the night, or just come on down for the day. We will be at Humphrey's from Thursday through Sunday. More Info Coming Soon!!!

Save us a spot!
Cheers

WooHoo, do you mean Friday after Thanksgiving? Last year we showed up on Saturday, just to find out that everyone met on Friday. :)
Turkey day is on a Thursday, so the day after is Friday. Just want to make sure I don't screw it up again.

On 2014-11-04 15:29, lunavideogames wrote:
WooHoo, do you mean Friday after Thanksgiving? Last year we showed up on Saturday, just to find out that everyone met on Friday. :)
Turkey day is on a Thursday, so the day after is Friday. Just want to make sure I don't screw it up again.

As of Now.....We are planning Happy Hour Friday @ Bali Hai. Dinner Saturday TBA :)

On 2014-11-04 17:47, WooHooWahine wrote:

On 2014-11-04 15:29, lunavideogames wrote:

As of Now.....We are planning Happy Hour Friday @ Bali Hai and Dinner Saturday Night. More details Coming Soon!

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2014-11-04 20:01 ]

[ Edited by: woohoowahine 2014-11-20 17:47 ]

Cool. Thanks! I am sure you will see us.

On 2014-11-03 15:55, WooHooWahine wrote:
It's That Time of Year.....WooHoo!!!

The Tradition Continues.......Let's Meet Up at The Bali Hai the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Get a Room at Humphrey's Half Moon Inn for the weekend, the night, or just come on down for the day. We will be at Humphrey's from Thursday through Sunday. More Info Coming Soon!!!

(quote)

If you will be joining us for dinner Saturday Night please let us know ASAP and how many people will be with you so we can add you to our reservation. Mahalo!

More Info about the weekend here: https://www.facebook.com/events/588932074563174/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2014-11-14 10:27 ]

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2014-11-20 17:51 ]

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.