Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

ON Hold- TIKI ARCHEOLOGY VIDEO with your host Sven Kirsten

Pages: 1 2 67 replies

D

Loved It! Loved It! Loved It! Thanks so much Sven! - Dawn :tiki:

D

I have yet to see the video so the money is on the way...THanks for the offer! Can't wait...

BigBro- I received mine yesterday. Ditto with what Dawn said.
Really REALLY enjoyed it and hope to for many years to come.

Thanks again!

Just got my copy and threw it in the VCR the second I got home. LOVED the air conditioned Eden! Sooo cool. I figure I will use it as a teaching tool for those who ask me what the hell my weird tiki obsession is all about. I'll just hand them the tape.

As for the hawaii air lines tape, I have mixed feelings- I felt bad for you, Sven, as it seemed you were tossed in front of the camera with a bimbo and no script, and left to make a documentary on the fly as you went along. I just felt bad for ya! I could see your pain as you tried to elicit some sort of intelligent reaction out fo your co-host... aieee!

Anyway, as you know I am a prtofesional TV writer (OK, just commercials) so if you need a scriptwriter for next time, for the love of moses, GIVE ME A CALL!!!!!

Tikifish

T

I am obviously not a prtofeshunul typer though.

Thanks, Tikifish, but I did not suffer...
My sort of hunched over, mumbly delivery is my usual demeanor.
I only was dismayed that she was wearing a politically correct generic Gap-style outfit and not the Tiki-correct Bikini/Hula skirt. I mean MISS HAWAII, in Jeans?

Will get back to you on the co-writing of the BOT documentary as soon as I find a PRODUCER!

D

Hi Sven- Just curious if you received my letter about the video with the $20. I sent it a month ago and just checking. I hate sending cash like that...Thanks again, just can't wait to see it.

M

Sven,
Ditto as to the above. Sent $20.00 cash with a postcard enclosed with my mailing address. Looking forward to watching the video.

Both are in the mail, the Florida one was wrongly zipcoded, by me, sorry for the delay, let me know when they get there.

D

Thanks for the reply. Just glad you received the cash...have a fantastic day

M

Bigbro, package just arrived with Sponge Bob sticker attached. Many thanks.

D

Just received it afew minutes ago. Sick at home with the flu and now something here to perk me up. THANKS for the extra's!!!

On 2002-07-30 16:15, bigbrotiki wrote:
Thanks guys for the flattering comparison...so what we have here is someone that looks like Billy Zoom and Brian Setzer, but talks like Ben Stein and Henry Kissinger.
Sounds like any Jewish girl's ideal man!
(I wish there was SOME#&%$grumblemumble...)

HI Sven, I just went down this past weekend to KailuaGeoff's tiki party at his house in Orlando, and I had the chance to see your wonderful video while I was there. I have been in Europe for most of this year and didn't know you were offering one. Now I must have one for my own tiki collection so that I can become more informed, as well as fantasize that I am Miss Hawaii getting a personal tour of Tikidom with the handsome host Billy Zoom/Brian Setzer/Ben Stein/Henry Kissinger lookalike! How do I order one?

Tikicutie

Here ya go, cutie:

PAYMENT TERMS: Mail Order Only!
For simplicity, it's 20.- dollars. DO send cash! A 20.- bill is easy to hide in an envelope (checks will do in a pinch). Mail to:

Sven Kirsten
2300 Hidalgo Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90039

(This video is made only for Tiki Centralites and personal sale by me. Any profiteering with it on e-bay will result in loss of mana!)

That info is on page one of this thread, but it's become a long one, so it's easier to repeat it here.

Thanks for the kind words to an old, lonely man...

I know this going to sound stupid, but I had watched the video three or four times and always cut if off after the second documentary thinking that was the whole show. Then at our party the other night, we were watching it and suddenly the Don Tiki music video appeared on the screen. Wow, I had no idea, and what a great bonus! Anyway this mea culpa is in case anyone else hit the eject button too soon.

T

Is this offer still valid? I know it's been 3 1/2 years since the last post.

H

Being a fairly new member myself, I missed the initial posting of this thread. I would love to have a copy also, if possible.

Sorry guys, this year looks bad for a new batch of Tiki DVDs, I have too few weeks in LA in between my TV movies in Germany to squeeze in dubbing and distributing them. For a while my girlfriend Naomi was selling them thru her 8-ball store, but those are all gone now too.
Please be patient until the beginning of next year, when they will be available thru my new Kon-Id gallery website, together with the Spanish mugs and other goodies, coinciding with the release of my new book.

Sven, while here were you able to autograph any of the current Tiki items available from Naomi, or are they all gone?

All gone, sorry. Next chance to get my handmade xxx in my books will be at the Hukilau.

Pages: 1 2 67 replies