Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Yahoo slide show...

Pages: 1 6 replies

I don't know if its a random thing, but right now I'm surfing a slideshow over at yahoo news, of 12 shots of easter island Moai. Pretty damn cool so far.

It's in theleft hand column where the have links to some of the news topics, after you've chosen a specifi article to read.

I hope that isn't so vague a description that nobody else gets to see this little surprise.

Tg
http://www/exotic-tiki-gardens.com

Thanks for the info TikiGardener. Some nice shots on it.

If anyone else is interested, here's a link that should bring you right to it...
Easter Island Monoliths

Those are some sweet pics. I love the first one the most, very eerie. How amazing would it be to see these giants in real life!

It is indeed an amazing experience to see them for real. I went there in 2001 when I was in Chile. You can spend an entire day hiking around the island without meeting more than 3 people. Not only the moais are impressive, the entire island with its wild nature, its innumerable caves, the rock carvings and its crater lake are awesome. The people are adorable, the food delicious. Paradise, basically.
If anyone plans to go there sometimes, I do have some good addresses I can recommend.

On 2003-11-15 12:48, Traderval wrote:
The people are adorable, the food delicious. Paradise, basically.
If anyone plans to go there sometimes, I do have some good addresses I can recommend.

What chance would a vegetarian have on the island????

TG

S

Ditto on the Veggie question and does anyone know when those Germans are going to start constructing scaffolds all over the place for their restoration project? (could spoil my photos!)

Aloha veggies,

rest assured that you can spend a week on Easter Island easily without even thinking of meat. In front of my little hut there was a giant avocado tree that dropped its fruits 24h a day. Avocado is the national salad dish of Chile anyway, so you won't get around it. Beside that there were about 5 different types of bananas in the yard, all colours, all tastes. They even make bread out of them! Meat is generally expensive and most of the cows that walk around the island are flown out to Chile. From there frozen meat is importet to Hanga Roa...
But you definitively should try the locally caught fish. It is brought in every morning by the fishermen and absolutely delicious.

Chilean cuisine is rather boring and not very inventive (especially if you're not into meat). But living on Easter Island is much easier, you just need enough cash.

Don't worry about the Germans, even if the scaffold up 10 Moais, there are hundreds left for you to photograph!

Pages: 1 6 replies