Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

SHAG "Tiki Room" Print Framed

Pages: 1 27 replies

I just thought I would share with everyone my framed "Enchanted Tiki Room" print.

K

Nice! Frame and matting look great.

Scotty

Rock-A-Tiki - That came out nice...very, very NICE!

Did you frame it yourself? If not, where and
how much? Thanks

T

Boo Hoo...I'm said I didn't get one. Seeing yours framed so nicely makes me more jealous.

Sweet!

Sweet!

Aaron Bros??

Fake Bamboo. AARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

On 2003-11-18 15:18, tiki-riviera wrote:

Did you frame it yourself? If not, where and
how much? Thanks

I did not frame it myself, I had it framed at "The Framery" in Whittier, Ca. 562-693-5714. The price was around $300 I have had all my SHAG prints framed by them and they take great pride in their work. I will post apic of my "Twelve Stations" prints later today.

RevBambooBen.........ARRRRRRRRRRR, dont hate on the faux bamboo. :)

Here are som pics of my "Twelve Stations" set. I will be painting the wall behind them, I just have not figured out what color will work. Notice on the close up of the numbered print it says #/300. The edition was only a size of 200.

You have an excellent collection.

S

Absolutely beautiful! I've been going back and forth about how to frame mine. Do I see a second frame/trim (probably has a name) around the inside of the mat? Very nice touch. Thanks for the pics.

On 2003-11-19 20:40, spy-tiki wrote:
Absolutely beautiful! I've been going back and forth about how to frame mine. Do I see a second frame/trim (probably has a name) around the inside of the mat? Very nice touch. Thanks for the pics.

Yes there is a black matting under the white matting, it gives it a great look instead of having white on white. Give them a call for prices and tell em who sent you, "The Framery" in Whittier, Ca. 562-693-5714.

RevBambooBen.........ARRRRRRRRRRR, dont hate on the faux bamboo.

Nobody understands my humor!!!

On 2003-11-19 21:49, RevBambooBen wrote:
RevBambooBen.........ARRRRRRRRRRR, dont hate on the faux bamboo.

Nobody understands my humor!!!

Ben, I understand your humor and enjoy it. Keep it coming. :)

-Rock-A-Tiki

Did anyone explain to you why your copy is signed 300? I think that's very cool and have never seen an error like that before on a Shag.

-g-

On 2003-11-20 08:08, liabungalo wrote:
-Rock-A-Tiki

Did anyone explain to you why your copy is signed 300? I think that's very cool and have never seen an error like that before on a Shag.

-g-

I called Shagmart about it and talked with his brother, and he said it was a mistake since SHAG signs so many things. I was going to send it in and get it replaced, but I myself think it is cool.

[ Edited by: Rock-A-Tiki on 2003-11-20 08:43 ]

JT

I had a few of the Zodiac prints with the same faux pas...apparently he signs tons of prints and most are editions of 300.

I offered to accept an original painting as compensation for Shags oversight...but was turned down.

A

Can anyone recommend a location in Orange County to get a bamboo frame?
Thanks,
A

Hey Andrew,

There's a place on Main Street in Seal Beach
called Picture Show. They actually do all the framing for Shag. Good guy and reasonable prices. In the back of his store
he has a good collection of framed Shag prints for sale.

MB

Aloha Andrew,
Real Bamboo Frame? Whhhhhyyyyyy, Bamboo Ben, of course.
As part of the TC Ohana, have you signed our pole or grabbed your t-shirt yet? If not, stop by and I'll set you up.
Aloha and Mahalo.
Mrs. Bamboo

Store:
Saturday - 10:00 - Sunset (pre-sunset Sat. the 22'nd - "All About The Tiki" is a "must."
Sunday - 11:00 - 4:00'ish
714 960-1860
20% off all items in the store (excluding raw) and 50% off all tiki bars through November....4 outa 15 bars left.

I shall have the pleasure of visiting your establishment for the holidays (I need an outlet from my family.
Looking forward.

Ben, I understand your humor and enjoy it. Keep it coming.

O.K. Rock-A-Tiki. Here we go......

....Say Knock Knock.

(that Shag wall loooks killer!!! Laser level?? Earthquake tabs to keep em' straight?? Nobody understands..... the time it takes to make a wall like that, with that many pieces, perfect. Cheers bro!)

Who's there?

Arrrrrrrrrrrrr!

A

Thanks for the responses!

Mrs. B - No I've never been by the store, but I'll be sure to check it out soon. I will be at the Tiki event at Luz so maybe I'll see you there.
A

MB

Alright, Andrew, the show will be great. Billy draws an interesting crowd, to say the least.
UB....say what? We'll meet? Wow, would be very cool to have you visit the shop. Looking forward to it. (note to self: add more weights to bags in boxing class....concentrate on higher kicks, get jabs faster, tighter.) :) Aloha, see you soon so maybe we can "raise those glasses."
Mrs. B
(It's "B", I swear, nothing follows, well, usually) :lol:

On 2003-11-21 21:46, Mrs. B wrote:
UB....say what? We'll meet? Wow, would be very cool to have you visit the shop. Looking forward to it. (note to self: add more weights to bags in boxing class....concentrate on higher kicks, get jabs faster, tighter.) :) Aloha, see you soon so maybe we can "raise those glasses."
Mrs. B
(It's "B", I swear, nothing follows, well, usually) :lol:

Note to self: bring jock strap.

MB

:lol: double shot

Pages: 1 27 replies