Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki pinball??

Pages: 1 2 62 replies

T

Spotted in Rififi, probably the best noir-heist drama ever put to film (1955). Freakin' great film.

Zee french like zee Tahitiennes, bien sur!

Has this been on here? I found and played this one on location in Bavaria, the nice thing was that the wahine in the little window in the middle did the Hula each time I scored.

PS: The TV camera on the lower right says "Hawaii Calls" on it, that would provide a fair idea of the machine's date.

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2007-02-06 15:36 ]

As a fan of pinball and once-avid pinball player I was fascinated at all this information.

TS

There are some arcade and pinball games available on Brookstone it has a pretty hefty pricetag, but the Simpsons Pinball is available for $5000.

I am soooooo wanting a Tiki Torch slot machine...anyone got one hiding in the back of their garage somewhere? :D

The Ripleys Shrunken Head Pinball used to be At Otto's in NY.

J

The latest game out from Stern Pinball "Wheel of Fortune" has tikis on the backglass. You can download a hi-res picture right from their website.

http://www.sternpinball.com/images/WoF_Backglass_LG.jpg

Stern gives (daily?) tours of the factory. You can get right up close to this pin as it rolls off the line! Anyone in the Chicago area thinking about dropping by?

Once again I seem to be attempting to revive a long dead thread.
Ive been collecting and restoring pinball machines (among other things) for about 25 years. I bought this one in 2000 intending to turn it into a Tiki bar, but I never found quite the right space to do it. The 1960 Beach Queens pinball is both one of the very last "woodrail" pinballs and (as far as I know) the last "shaker" (i.e. no flipper)) machine made by Bally. It sure is pretty, but really is boring to play. One story I have heard is that these were intended as a sort of gambling machine. It does have the circuitry in place and a side opening panel to dispense tickets or possibly money depending on the set up. Mine came out of Canada, and was broken into soon after it was put on a route, never repaired, and hence is all original. Never touched up or even the rubbers changed. But, dull as dirt to "play" so I thought, "why not put a hardened glass top on it, level the legs and make it into a side bar"? I still think it is a good idea, but I've never done it.
Oh yes, and I do have an Aloha as well. On one of the three or four days in the past 5 years when I thought to search for local pinball machines on Craigs list it turned up about 5 miles from my house. Karma?

H

Oooooh I love hula dolls, these are nice. They would fit well in a tiki bar.

Very cool machine. Finding one in such excellent shape is a rare event indeed. If you could locate an original gambling mech to put into it, you could have your guests play for prize tickets to exchange at the bar for Mai Tais...:wink:

Was in NJ a couples of weeks ago, saw a dealer selling fully restored vintage pinball machines. He had a Hawaiian themed one for sale similar to those pictured above @ $7K. )-:

Wow! That is a total ripoff price. Mine arent for sale (just because I like them) but no EM pinball machine is worth more than a couple grand.

On 2016-01-13 03:44, MrBaliHai wrote:
Very cool machine. Finding one in such excellent shape is a rare event indeed. If you could locate an original gambling mech to put into it, you could have your guests play for prize tickets to exchange at the bar for Mai Tais...:wink:

I cant tell if that "like" feature is working or not from this ipad so Ill repeat this-

COOL IDEA - dont know why that never occired to me now. I have to try and find the payout mech, it is a pretty common assembly used in bingo machines of the era.

On 2016-01-13 11:17, Thortiki wrote:
Was in NJ a couples of weeks ago, saw a dealer selling fully restored vintage pinball machines. He had a Hawaiian themed one for sale similar to those pictured above @ $7K. )-:

Hey Thor- I picked up my Aloha in Md for 400 bucks working. Dont lose hope!

Pages: 1 2 62 replies