Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

OMNI HUT Menu

Pages: 1 6 replies

TC

Howdy! A very good friend of mine who lives in Nashville recently sent me a menu she acquired (don't know if they gave it to her or what) while dining at Smyrna, Tennessee's tropical oasis - the Omni Hut.

On the back of the menu is a sort of mission statement by James F. Walls, Major U.S.A.F Retired, whom I presume is/was the proprietor of the Omni Hut. I thought I'd share, w/ my fellow tiki-philes, Major Walls' insight, as to how he got the notion to start a tiki bar/Polynesian restaurant :

THE OMNI HUT

created in
a MILLION MILES OF TRAVEL!!

While traveling over a million miles as an Air Force Pilot, I continously pursued my hobby of Polyasian cookery.

DZ

There's a copy of this text on page 153 of the BOT - do you happen to have a picture of the front cover? I'd love to see it!

TC

On 2002-08-02 08:48, Doctor Z wrote:
There's a copy of this text on page 153 of the BOT . . .

oh well, my fingers needed the exercise anyway. yeah, i'll try to scan a pic of the menu. it'll probably be tuesday or wednesday before i can post it tho.

S

We have it scanned. I can post it this afternoon. It's a local artists stuff. And, yes, they give the menus away. Very friendly people. I didn't know it was in BOT.

S
Swanky posted on Fri, Aug 2, 2002 4:09 PM

TikiCris,

Your efforts aren't wasted. The 'Book' is so tightly packed with Tiki knowledge that a 'repeat' can at least serve as a pointer to an aspect of Tiki oft forgot.

Hell, I couldn't recall that passage......good meaty stuff if you want to try to understand the mentality of the earlier Tiki bar owners.

Trader Woody

TikiCris,

Your efforts aren't wasted. The 'Book' is so tightly packed with Tiki knowledge that a 'repeat' can at least serve as a pointer to an aspect of Tiki oft forgot.

Hell, I couldn't recall that passage......good meaty stuff if you want to try to understand the mentality of the earlier Tiki bar owners.

Trader Woody

Pages: 1 6 replies