Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

x

Pages: 1 2 3 4 175 replies

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2005-09-01 19:44 ]

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2005-09-01 19:47 ]

Monkeyman your frames are awesome! Your price are very reasonable, take it from me I have probably bought a couple hundred frames in my time. Your right about selling stuff during Christmas, but maybe after Christmas we can work something out.

Mahalo
Original Art by Flounder

http://www.flounderart.com

[ Edited by: FLOUNDERart on 2003-12-20 16:15 ]

Monkey Man-

Maybe loosing your desk job was a sign from god. Your frames kick serious ass!

Simple in a way that they do not detract, but inhance the art. The other frames out there have too much going on.

[ Edited by: revbambooben on 2003-12-20 23:34 ]

S
SES posted on Sat, Dec 20, 2003 8:28 PM

They look great!
Would be perfect for the Tiki Ti print. Has anyone heard from Miles???

Monkeyman
Have you thought of starting a web site to sale your stuff on? Freelance got very slow for me and thats why I started mine. It's helping with my finances a lot. Just something to think about. I had a friend do my website for me and traded him a painting so there is no money out of pocket.

F

sent u an email ,we gota talk,matt

T

I can personally attest that the Monkeyman's frames are the best! I have one of the ones pictured above (the reddish one) and it is bee-yoooo-tee-ful! Made with lots of aloha. Very cool.

All the fish are behind you Monkeyman!

On 2003-12-21 15:24, FLOUNDERart wrote:
Monkeyman
Have you thought of starting a web site to sale your stuff on? Freelance got very slow for me and thats why I started mine. It's helping with my finances a lot. Just something to think about. I had a friend do my website for me and traded him a painting so there is no money out of pocket.

I haven't gotten slow for you, I never even started. :roll:

I think I'll just leave that one alone Freddie!

Your frames are great monkeyman!
I will be putting in an order as soon as I find a picture that is worthy.

Those are beautiful!! I would love one! I still haven't had time to frame my piece by Flounder. Email me off list and lets discuss some prices.

P

Hey Monkeyman,

Would it be a breech of ethics for you to carve me a frame for my liquor cabinet?

It's made out of 1x10. I figure a 2" or 2.5" width frame all the way around would really enhance it.

Let me know and I'll PM you some precise measurements and send you some moolah.

[ Edited by: pablus on 2003-12-24 16:18 ]

Hi, Monkeyman I am so sorry to hear about your job situation (suns-a-bitches) hopefully something positive will come from it all. I still would like to have one of your frames, I bought a burlap picture from Flounder awhile back and I need to have it framed. I think its like 12 X 24. I'll send you an image of it tonight, I don't have any idea about what to have carved on the frame, I think I can leave that up to you and your wonderful creativity! I bet your super busy with carvings now, so I am cool whenever you can get back to me on this is fine. Happy Holidays. Take care - Dawn

You're a hell of a relief carver, monkeyman....I've said it before and I'll say it again...those frames are tops.

I would love to see the burlaps framed with Monkeymans frames! Make sure you post them afterword.

T

Yes, tOp knotch. The bottom frame is mine, and it is fantabulous! Start throwing yur money at Monkey Man, asap! Dude, sorry I missed you the other day. Maybe on yur way home!

T

So when are you doing full on poles?

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2005-09-01 19:45 ]

double post.... whoops

[ Edited by: monkeyman on 2003-12-31 00:20 ]

I work with picture frames at my business every day, and I have to say, Monkeyman's frames are some of the coolest frames I've seen in a very, very long time. Amazing!

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2005-09-01 19:45 ]

B

Monkeyman I gotta put in my 3 cents worth. Those frames are really Refreshing and new, They show a lot of style and creativity not seen in the picture frame scene.Keep up the good work.

Monkeyman,
Can you give me a price for a frame for a 24 x 30" canvas? I need something with a bit of a recess for the canvas frame to sit in, then some way to secure it in the frame. No matting anticipated. Send me a PM with questions or with the price, if you can. Thanks.

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2005-09-01 19:47 ]

D

Yes????

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2005-09-01 19:49 ]

hey monkeyman ... just wondering where I'm at on the list?

T

Me too! Where am I on the list?

D

I am beyond happy with the frame Monkeyman made for my Uti painting which was painted by Flounder. These pictures I took just don't do it justice. The level of detail he's put into the carving and putting the frame together is something you don't see everyday. His frame compliments Flounders painting perfectly! Excellent work Monkeyman! Thank you so very, very... very much!

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2004-02-18 18:28 ]

P

That looks fantastic!
It's time to start planning the TC museum of the arts.

Man, what a group of talents...

...except Flounder, who I fear.

monkeyman ~

i will email you today about the frame i want. got the measurements 'n everthing...

mahalo d00d...j$

T

And Tiki-bot is thrilled with his Monkeyman frame. It's even so much better than the pics showed it would be. As a sometimes woodworker myself, I'm really with the quality and construction. I might need to order another one!
Excellent job, Monkeyman!

B

That is a match made in Tiki-Heaven DawnTik.
Superb Frame.

D

Monkeyman is the man! I just wish I could figure out how to take pictues that would do the frame justice. Tiki-bot will you be posting some pictures of your new Monkeyman frame?

M

Hi Monkeyman:

I wanted to reiterate this point that FLOUNDER wrote earlier--a website would be worthwhile! In the meantime, by the sounds of this thread, you'll be busy for awhile, but I too would like to talk to you about doing some custom frames.

I'll send you a PM, and when you have the time to get to us, we'd really like to hear from you. @;-) No rush...take your time.

Lots of love,

Rae and Jamio

On 2003-12-21 15:24, FLOUNDERart wrote:
Monkeyman

Hello Monkey,
I would love to buy one of your LP Bamboo frames! How do I contact you? Can you make one without the burning? Thanks in advance! [email protected]

PS: I also want to get a couple of Bamboo frames for 5 X 7 art.

DZ

On 2004-02-18 13:01, Tiki-bot wrote:
Me too! Where am I on the list?

Me three! You've had my piece for quite a while - how is it coming?

M

MB
Mrs. B posted on Mon, Mar 8, 2004 9:29 PM

Whew!
:roll:
Rock on!

P

ALLLRIIIIGHT!!!

Rum will taste even better.
I've been upgrading the Lagoon Lounge (â„¢AlnShelly Productions) lately and incorporating some of the suggestions of the forums here.

Monkeyman's frame will complete (at least for this summer) my new look. Pictures within 2 weeks.
-----edit-----
I just saw the pictures of the frame at the top of the post. BEEEEEYOOOTIFUL!

I'm sure there's a PM waiting for me to check. Be at you very soon.

Thanks!!! Mahalo!!!

[ Edited by: pablus on 2004-03-09 12:58 ]

My Monkeyman bamboo frames just arrived. The workmanship and quality is awesome, and his follow up questions with concern for detail, and color options were well appreciated. I wouldn't think of going anywhare else for a frame.

03/17/04: This one is for VW Tiki Girl. 17"x21". It will be framing a Drew Brophy print. http://www.drewbrophy.com/images/merchandise/prints/lithos/large/surfersparadisecopy.jpg Thus the palm trees are styled accordingly. The waves at the top and bottom are from a style that I have been drawing since high school. The lighter color will better compliment the artwork.

[ Edited by: Monkeyman on 2005-01-04 13:26 ]

Sweet! Just saw the pictures on the first page. It is beautiful. I'll post pics when I get it up on the wall.

[ Edited by: vwtikigirl on 2004-03-17 21:14 ]

MB

24 bucks a year is a pretty cheap FOB website, I'd say.

my frame is in the queue - YAAAY!

it will be beautiful, i am sure.

:music: anticipation... :music:

j$

T

[i]Tiki-bot will you be posting some pictures of your new Monkeyman frame?

I will post pics when I decide what to put in it, as MM suggests. I'm trying to motivate myself to break out the old acrylics and do a painting. Whatever I do will probably have to wait til after the AIDS ride in June as my weekends are socked in with training rides til then.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 175 replies