Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

x

Pages: 1 2 3 4 175 replies

MM,

ikitnrev was telling me about his visit to your studio recently. sounds like a nice setup! sending more aloha your way, j$ :sheckymug:

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2005-09-01 19:50 ]

w00t! mahaloZ my friend!

j$

the more i think about it, i'm droolin' - monkeyman, that is the BEST!

[ Edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2004-04-16 10:25 ]

That frame is really beautiful, nice work.

Nice work on all those frames!!
This prob'ly a dumb question but do you do frames for lithographs and prints that need to be matted/framed behind glass? If so I've been looking for a long time for a few good frames and yours are tops.

This prob'ly a dumb question but do you do frames for lithographs and prints that need to be matted/framed behind glass?

Yes he does, and there are top-notcch. I bought 10 natural bamboo frames for my limited edition prints, and they get compliments from everyone who has seen them.

Dude, that Trader Vics frame is top notch. You one talented mo fo yo.

hey all,

i was this close --> || to getting a pic of the framed menu to you all today. sillee me did not bring the usb patch cord to upload the photo to the PC today. tomorrow hopefully! it is beaut!

thankx again monkeyman!!! j$

click here and here and click on the image for super-high-res image

mahalo, j$

Wow! That looks f-in' great! Congrats to Johnny $ and kudos to Monkeyman - keep up the amazing work!

JohnTiki

Aloha from the enchanted Pi Yi Grotto in exotic Bel Air Maryland!

[ Edited by: johntiki on 2004-04-27 12:47 ]

Monkeyman, your work in amazing! I hope to get one for myself one day.

P
pablus posted on Sun, May 2, 2004 3:15 PM

Without further ado...

Thanks Monkeyman!

G
GECKO posted on Sun, May 2, 2004 3:25 PM

nice work Monkey Mon!

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2005-09-01 19:50 ]

"the monkeyman style" is getting more and more amazing! excellent work mm and congrats tikitronic!

I'd just like to say - "Holy Heck!"
I opened the package last night, and it was like getting a little magic part of the enchanted tiki room right there at home!

I would just like to say thank you - both to Monkey Man and to my ridiculously wonderful wife for cooking this idea up!

Granted - the down side is that the frame sort of out-classes the rest of the room.
:)

I'll try to get a good shot with the print in place to upload this evening...

Great works, Monkeyman!

UB

Love It!

I got my latest Monkeyman frame last week and it's no less than a masterpiece. Again, the craftmanship is nothing short of astounding and the finish is gorgeous. We used it to frame a Mr Crafty print we picked up at Oasis. Another excellent job, MM! When I become gainfully employed again someday, I'm putting in an order for 3 or 4 more - at least!

T

those are awesome. how much do they run?

PM me and we can discuss. The bamboo frames are very reasonably priced.

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2005-09-01 19:51 ]

high class stuff, monkeyman.

Your frames look beautiful! (and that ottoman looks great! - you got any close ups of those carved legs?)

I was wondering what became of you. I'm glad to see you're still creating some nice work.

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2005-09-01 19:51 ]

MG

Those frames are rad! We need to talk.

All I can say is WOW....
I'm interested too with no rush in mind but looking for a frame for a Drew Brophy print. Its small print of one of his boards The Pineapple Express. Monkey PM me when you can and we'll see what we can do... Thanks. The one you did for VW girls Drew print is super cool! AS are all the others!!!

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2005-09-01 19:48 ]

That is amazing, what type of wood did you use. it would be wrong to put art in that frame as it is a piece of art.
Thanks for the bamboo tips.

Monkeymen-
That is stunning. When i put together the scratch I will give you a call

B

Excellent "LONO" MM. That is SOO much work for a frame and it really is Beautiful. You should really consider creating a few stand alone carvungs. I'm Sure you could sell a few of these guys???
Excellent

Monkeyman - They're getting even better if that can be possible! I really like the use of the Monstera-leaf motif. That's one of my classic favorites.

Sabu

Monkey Man-
Excellent work!!!
Later,
Spermy

That frame is beautiful, Monkeyman. Love the detail.

MM,

The "floral ornamentation" goes way beyond bathroom. You have outdone yourself again.

C

monkeyman your frames are spectacular...
I will have to add one of them to the
congatiki room...I have a large August Holland poster (not Pearl of Wisdom) that
needs something to dress it up...you are
on my list of people whose list I need to
be on...I guess I need another drink!

Three words to describe it --

WOW
WOW
WOW

Looking good MM.

P

Beautiful work !!

MM,

When are you going to get a website?

S

Monkeyman-
Insane frames, can't wait to see my Flounder burlaps lying in one of those babies.
Keep carving!

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2005-09-01 19:48 ]

O

AMAZING!!! The work is getting better and better. Simply stunning.

Al & Shelly will be very happy.

Keep up the great work and keep posting the pics.

Aloha

T

Don't worry, Monkeyman, just keep carving - you'll get better!

Just joshin'! This is the frame to end all frames. Your frame-making skills are like an ass-kicker in a room full of one-legged men!
No more frames need to be made, ever! I'm truly stunned at how awesome this came out. Can't wait to see it with the artwork.

Beautiful craftsmanship, Monkeyman. You really do some top-notch work!

B

Hey Monkeyman, this is defenately the best one yet. You are getting really outrageous in your detail. I really love the depth you are getting and the way you finish your pieces. You have become the "Frame Master" of all times. You have to think about duplicating these and selling Big Time. You are ready.

P

I still say my MM original is the best one because it guards the liquor and tiki mugs.

But, whoa - Al and Shell in the Pacific will certainly enjoy that incredible piece, being the art aficianados they are.

at the risk of sounding repetetive, WOW!

J

I would love to get a Monkeyman original but I think It would be near to impossible to find something worthy of displaying in it! These frames are unreal! One bit of constructive criticism...stop making these things look so perfect - it'll give the artwork inside a real inferiority complex! :)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 175 replies