Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

How to enjoy Coke without really trying.....

Pages: 1 4 replies

In my pursuit of a tasty non-alcoholic filler between my mai-tais & fogcutters,and pretty much being burned out on plain ol' soda, I started adding different flavored syrups to my coke. After some real misses, I've come up with a favorite: pineapple syrup and coke!! It reminds me of that great caramelized taste of grilled pineapple.

And if you've never tried grilled pineapple as a side dish or dessert, you're missing out!

I tried it one time for cooking a ham. Put a ham in a cooking bag and poured a can of coke into it. Then cooked it. it wasnt too bad. Aloha!

I don't know if you can get it where you're at, but I like Vernor's Ginger Ale (no other brand). It's even good hot.

http://www.samgambino.com

Hey Pup....try Aranciata (orange) and Pompelmo (grapefruit) sodas from Trader Joe's. Booze can be added if needed. Also less calories than regular sodas. Pineapple on the barbeque as part of a skewered meat and or vegatables is good. If you're ever up this way, have Mrs. Fury make you a Hawaiian Eye. Pineapple juice, lime sherbet, blender, whipped cream........mmmmmmm

the hawaiian burger is deelish:

a regular burger (hold the mad cow), with teriyaki sauce and a pineapple ring.

it's messy tho.

you can eat it with a coke too

j$

Pages: 1 4 replies