Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Smokin' Menehunes!

Pages: 1 19 replies

Aloha TC!

Can I crow a little?

I just heard the advance copy of the debut Menehunes release and I am very impressed! Bong has outdone himself again, and proves that beyond doubt, he is my favorite Steel player..a true expert..Spike....you are the bee's knees dude! Without you, I am nothing! Shirley? The Uke that holds this band together!
I am totally proud to be a member of the Smokin' Menehunes...LA's premier hapo-haole band!

Put me down for a copy when its ready. Just let me know the price. (Oh can you sign it too?)

Keep up the good work. The bass player is the invisible back bone of any band (wink, wink)

Hey Miguel, the recording is simply incredible. You guys sound unbelievable!

Put me on the list for an autographed copy!

P

I'd like to buy a copy, too. Please put me on the list !

(this thread is embarrassing me)

Thanks Poly Pop!

Your Conch playing was magnificent! Honorary menhune?

Bong says he's embarrased?...He should not be! His steel playing is tight!!!

I have listened to it many times already, and it just keeps on getting better and better!

I can't wait to play Tiki Oasis (at the Reef bar)!!

P

Me too.
Although, I don't need the autographs.

Hurry up with the copies.
Come on.
Let's go.
Done yet?

E

Yep, me one copy too por favor!

(ah, home from the in-laws....)
:)
em

I would like one please.

S
SES posted on Thu, Jan 1, 2004 4:12 PM

On 2003-12-31 11:27, Tiki_Bong wrote:

Maybe time for a name change for the new year?
"Blushing Bong"

heh...
post the info for everyone on how to get a signed copy!

(fixed TYPO!)

[ Edited by: SES on 2004-01-01 16:20 ]

Hey Mick-

Do you guys do any Stones?

If so, I'm having a party in the summer and I will pay!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Alright, here's the deal with the CD. We're still pricing companies to print and press the CD. Once that happens, I need to finalize the art work and get it out to them. The CDs should be done by Tiki Oasis. I've been listening to the CD for the past couple of days and I'm pretty stoked about it too. The whole band really came together for this one. As for being LA's premiere Hapa Haole band. we can't forget Judd's 'Mai Kai Gents.' We're actually in OC anyway.

Ben, I know 'Honky Tonk Woman' and 'It's Over Now'. How much are you paying? I think two songs are worth at least four hundred bucks? Just kidding. But seriously, we ought to get together again in Palm Springs and have our annual rock fest in your hotel room. I'll bring the guit-tar. I almost forgot, Lapu and I have been playing 'Dead Flowers' everytime we drink for the last couple of months or so. In my opinion, that is easily the most underrated Stones song. "you can send me dead flowers at my wedding ...and I won't forget to put roses on your grave..."

Wow! Can't wait to get my copy, too! That TikiBong laid down a track of steel for our upcoming Maikai Gents release. He sure do get around!

-I. Grogg

[ Edited by: iuka grogg on 2004-01-02 22:16 ]

You Kev! me too!

T

On 2003-12-31 11:27, Tiki_Bong wrote:

I thought you had to have feelings to be em-bare-assed.
No really, can't wait to play it on my system at home.
And who would have thought Spike had a brain, go figure.
luv to you all

I'd sure like to get one, too, when it's ready.
Mahalo
Ran

B

Looking forward to it!

Hey Tiki_Bong, just sent you a PM...check it.

[ Edited by: bamzeno on 2004-01-07 10:23 ]

[ Edited by: bamzeno on 2004-01-07 10:23 ]

There is a company in Vancouver that can duplicate and print the sleeves very cheaply. Check them out its CDexpress.com
You can do the entire thing online and send them up a master. Its pretty good service.

Thanks for the info Pacific Andy!

Pages: 1 19 replies