Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Tropicana TIKIs

Pages: 1 2 52 replies

B

Thanks guys, Yes you Do get attached to your carvings and hate to see them go, but bizness is Bizness. The carving is not what started my health decline, I had my first back surgery at age 21 and then again at 25. It all started when I was 15 and going to a boarding school where we worked half a day and were schooled the other half. The work was heavy construction, much heavier than a bunch of growing bones can stand. Anyone with kids, Don't let them do heavy work as teens!
SADDER than the fact that they are gone IS the story from Rodeotiki from someone who picked up a few large tikis from the DUMPSTER and are now residing in Spo Cal somewhere. Find them!!!

Well I have more sad news..I went back to The Rusty Pelican in Miami this weekend and the pelicans Benz carved are also gone. It was sad to sit in there and look around at all the decoration and wonder what it must of looked like back in it's infancy 35 yrs ago.

B
T

The listing says it was carved by a Hawaiian brain surgeon, plus it doesn'tlook like Benz style, so it probably isn't his.

[ Edited by: tikigreg 2019-04-23 05:58 ]

Ask Ben himself.
He's on face book.

Pages: 1 2 52 replies