Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Talkback: Tiki Central Grand Membership

Pages: 1 2 78 replies

On 2004-01-15 07:10, Benzart wrote:
Even tho I'm new I think $24 is a bargain, as much as TC has given me in a few short days.
Soon as I can afford it, I'm in.
Thanx for being here

ditto fer me tho it's been months.
as i told monkeyman the other day, as soon as i have liquid assets ima gonna invest me in some tiki~ so hopefully we'll see ya behind the velvet rope soon! j$

p.s. liquid assets other than my rums and orgeat and curacao

Just paid.
Thanks Hanford for the change. Sorry about the ranting, I get frustrated when things don't go smooth.

Just sent me twenty-fo. Looking for a good fez now...

Just paid via Monolux. I've taken many a great thing from Tiki Central - great info, great events, great friends.

Happy to give something back.

I don't care about the number of posts, besides I have a number of other hard-earned badges on my sleeve.

LET IT BE KNOWN BY ALL TC MEMBERS - I Paid my dues, now quit egging my house!

Those that have a problem with me will always have a problem with me, those that like me, will always like me.

Yeah, I may have a negative edge, but what I post typically rings true.

I'll abide by the 'gee, that's a great tiki mug Billy' rule.

Let me leave you with one thought though - has anyone ever wondered why a number of major contributers to TC (and they like me) are seldom heard from?

Now, let the lovein' begin!

(give Chance a piece)

Just paid this morning as well (waiting to get that little star by my name!). TC is a wealth of information and entertainment - and all for 0 or $24. Not a bad deal at all. Thanks!

T

I just coughed up the cash, and I can't wait for everything in my life be Grand!

This is the best $24 I ever spent!

and my Hukilau Kreepytiki was the best $20 I ever spent.

Hoity-Toity Wanna Be

[ Edited by: tikimug on 2004-01-15 11:33 ]

Glad to see you implemented this after so long talking about it, Hanford. You did it in such a non-forceful and egalitarian manner, I say kudos and huzzah to you(where the heck does that saying come from?!?). My payment is in and I await the delivery of my decoder ring!

-Weird Unc

On 2004-01-14 21:07, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:

Damn! I left my webcam on again!
Did you catch my Dance of Desire too?

Yeah That was great especially when you couldnt get the underwear over the fez.
:o

Hey, I heard from a non smokin' menehune there is a pupu platter in the GCFM!

Chongolio

T

On 2004-01-14 18:36, hanford_lemoore wrote:
I can understand wanting the "Grand Member" status but also keeping your "Honorable Tiki Contributor" status, becuase they are not on the same scale (one is a time commitment, the other is a financial commitment). But it is is tricky to do in software.

It's not really worth going to a lot of trouble, thanks for addressing it and thanks for your committment to Tiki Central, Hanford. $24 is a bargain for a year of Tiki Central - the cost of 2 drinks at the Mai Kai!

Hanford, thanks you for Tiki Central, its been a great pleasure being apart of this community, im in for the $24!

Just a quick note here:

There are 2 types of status that this forum uses: Automatic and Special.

if a member is set to Automatic, then their Status is determined by their post count.

if it is Special, then I assign them the rank, and it won't change.

So, for BK, PolyPop, and Martiki, who are Special Agents, I can create a new Special status for him with a Star. However, I cannot create 2 sets of automatic statuses.

~Hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-01-15 16:30 ]

I hate that I love Bong.
I miss everyone right now.
TC has put a great many smile wrinkles on my face.
THANK YOU!!
One and all

This is cash very well spent! What I mean is, $24.00 is peanuts in comparison to the amount of knowledge that can be picked up here which is.......priceless!
Thanx,
The Vastas

BambooLodge...where the South Pacific meets the Great White North!

[ Edited by: BambooLodge on 2004-01-15 15:54 ]

Hey! I think I've got a great idea to add to the exclusiveness of "The Grand Ceremonial Forum of Mystery".

You know how it is officially stated that "This private forum is for Grand Members Only", what if someone markets a "Grand Members Only Jacket"!"Grand Members" can wear their "Grand Members Only" jacket at TC functions so they can spot each other!

(My father in-law loves his members-only jacket)

T

On 2004-01-15 16:48, Tiki_Bong wrote:
"Grand Members" can wear their "Grand Members Only" jacket at TC functions so they can spot each other!

Like this?

That's me and mrsmiley on the right.

On 2004-01-15 17:06, thejab wrote:

On 2004-01-15 16:48, Tiki_Bong wrote:
"Grand Members" can wear their "Grand Members Only" jacket at TC functions so they can spot each other!

Like this?

That's me and mrsmiley on the right.

Yeah!

"That's me and mrsmiley on the right. "

Wow, you name your drink mugs?

You are hard core, dude!

:)

[ Edited by: Geeky Tiki on 2004-01-15 19:35 ]

Sadly, I'm so broke right now I can't cought up the US $24. Look for a shiny gold star next to my name when I have full time work. Hope that's sooner than later.

I know where you are coming from...
Being a Graphic Designer/Art Director is not helping my wallet... No permanent job for the last 2 1/2 years here in Wisconsin. Anyone need a Graphic Designer?

Wish I could make money off my tikis... not here in the midwest though.

I hope soon to give back to Tiki Central some of what it has given to me... I am for now, a starving artist.

E

How about adding a lower-level paid membership category? "Supporting Member" or something. Maybe $12? With no exclusive secret forum, no gold-colored highlighting of the membership title, no symbol by your name (all these would be preferable to me anyway). And then either with or without some kind of "Code of Conduct" rules like for Grand Membership.

I finally got off my lazy butt ans became a Grand Member. I must confess, though, that I used Bong's Pay-Pal info (i have my ways!). I hope no one notices!!! :)

S

Just joined! Hope my 24 clams helps support the cause! :)

welcome c-tiki, the ohana sez mahaloz! j$

I don't seem to be listed on the Grand Member list. If I'm listed correctly, can I still purchase a set of the Shag prints, as the ad is still posted?

8T

ALOHA, I JUST FOLLOWED THROUGH ON MY 2005 NEW YEARS RESOLUTION.....TO BECOME A GRAND MEMBER!
SO I WOULD LIKE TO CHALLENGE YOU TO DO THE SAME. TC IS FANTASTIC AND WE NEED TO HELP SUPPORT IT SO IT MAY CONTINUE TO THRIVE.
WON'T YOU JOIN ME?

M

Here, here 8ft.

Tiki Central is a great place and we could all lend a hand to help keep it thriving.

B

I have been checking out your site for a while and finally decided to join in the fun. I am just starting a Tiki collection and would like to build a bar this summer. I would love any and all advice.

Glad to have you with us Benehune! You will find out tons of facts here, and many great ideas from other who have already built their bars. Be sure to check out the collection topics and creating tiki for advice!

aloha benehune! there are a couple threads about building bars here; you could probably unearth them using the 'search' feature. if you're having any trouble let us know. glad to have you onboard!

On 2004-01-14 20:27, tiki-riviera wrote:

You want me to become a "Grand Member?"
Well, several women have told me my "member" is "grand", so wouldn't this be redundant? Plus, it didn't cost me $24, just some cheap
rum and a couple half-truths.

I paid the $24 so I could honestly say my member was grand.

Pages: 1 2 78 replies