Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Pacific Islander Regions mythology book texts online

Pages: 1 8 replies

S
SES posted on Wed, Jan 21, 2004 6:44 AM

Just discovered this site with complete books scanned into it.
Looked interesting, this is the index for the Pacific Islander section:
http://www.sacred-texts.com/pac/index.htm

WOWOWOW! thanks! great find!

that LEGENDS OF MAUI by westvelt is a hard one to come across!

thank you

Wow, this rules.

Some of these books are really rare.

You just saved me a ton of $$$!

Hit me up for a Scorpion at Oasis or Hukilau!

S
SES posted on Wed, Jan 21, 2004 11:48 PM

I was amazed once I realized that entire books were scanned in and available on the site. Incredible resource. Think I'm going to have to buy the CD now!

K
Kono posted on Thu, Jan 22, 2004 8:46 AM

What a coincidence. I found this site about 3 or 4 days ago, maybe an hour after I ordered the Westervelt book from Amazon.

Anyone know of a source of modern Pacific Islands legends or folklore? I've ordered a couple of the Obake Files books but haven't received them yet. They seem, by description, to center mainly around ghost stories though.

On 2004-01-22 08:46, Kono wrote:
Anyone know of a source of modern Pacific Islands legends or folklore?

I read this book and loved it.
Awsome website susane!

T

Great web site!!!

While we are on the subject is anyone familiar with Ancient Tonga and the Lost City of Mu'a by David Childress?

It looks pretty interesting but wanted to get solid review from those that live the stuff before I fork over the big bucks. I tend not to trust Amazon reviews too much

K
Kono posted on Thu, Jan 22, 2004 3:35 PM

Thanks Unga but I was thinking along the lines of folklore from the past hundred and fifty years and legends that are still believed today.

On 2004-01-22 13:16, tiki410 wrote:
While we are on the subject is anyone familiar with Ancient Tonga and the Lost City of Mu'a by David Childress?

I've not read it but just so you know...David Hatcher Childress writes a lot of whacky fringe science type stuff. Think crop circles, Von Daaniken, Bermuda Triangle, Lost Atlantis etc. His World Explorer magazine is a fun read and his books may be great too but you're not getting a mainstream historical book there.

T

Kono,

Thanks for the infor as that is not what I am looking for. The website kind of hinted at it but I was not positive.

Thank you again.

Pages: 1 8 replies