Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

pix of 2 enchanted tiki yards

Pages: 1 23 replies

G
GECKO posted on Tue, Jan 27, 2004 2:33 PM

I went down da street to a couple of freinds house da'uddah day that I sit and merinate with in their beautiful yards and talk story while we listen to slack key tunes of da 30's and suck'em up. Just wanted to show you guys why you should move here and leave da snow behind... you won't miss it!!

To my braddah Hula Hula, u home sik yet?

da back yard wer se tal story and listen to his man made water fall

lava rock water fall and all da bamboo is cut right out of da stream fresh.

da beautiful stream in da back yard comming from da mountains and finds its way to da ocean. If you look hard all da way in da back of da stream you see yellow strands of tall bamboo.

thats one house i like to drink. I ran out of disk space so I just took 2 shots of my uddah friends backyard hut and his view.

this is where we sit and listen to da slack keys and just smell da mist in da air.

and his view from the front. Thats Chinamans hat to da left.

thats all for now sorry. just wanted to tease you a little. Eh you can always come fo wun visit!

Aloha from paradise

[ Edited by: GECKO on 2004-01-27 14:34 ]

Ok - well now I'm just going to cry.
Sit here in the seemingly eternal grey of the Pacific Northwest and cry.

G
GECKO posted on Tue, Jan 27, 2004 2:37 PM

i love to show you guys who havent been here pics but sometimes humbugh fo downloading them right on tc. i messed up one.

S
SES posted on Tue, Jan 27, 2004 2:50 PM

Thanks... we are expecting 14 inches of snow tonight. Will have to build a large snow tiki for you.
;D

Gecko that is just wrong to do that during the winter to Northern people. On the other hand I'm in Florida and I have my windows wide open brah. Oh and I had the AC on earlier. LOL

P

I resent you for posting those.
But I'd do it too.

Man, nice places.

I was already "yearning" for the Pacific... now I'm "pining" AND "yearning"... one more photo and I might be "packing".

G
GECKO posted on Tue, Jan 27, 2004 3:36 PM

On 2004-01-27 15:07, FLOUNDERart wrote:
Gecko that is just wrong to do that during the winter to Northern people. On the other hand I'm in Florida and I have my windows wide open brah. Oh and I had the AC on earlier. LOL

LOL! you had da AC on to! I'm trying to give them some aloha sunshine and your trying to torture them poor peopo!

13 inches of snow! WOW! dats a lot of shave ice! i want cherry flavor!

just wanted to share some sunshine on your poor guys in da cold!

SHAKA!

Summer is all the sweeter for having endured a few frigid months. Those pics are awesome.

Hey, I hit triple digits!

[ Edited by: nice fishy on 2004-01-27 16:21 ]

D

WOW! Words can't say enough...

Hey G-man,

You ready for me to come visit for a few days?

Brad

B

MAn, I feel sorry for you having to endure living like that in the woods by a river and stuff. Don't you want to come to Florida? We have 84 degree weather today. we have rivers and plants and stuff. Just don't show those Pictures any more, don't want Other people feeling sorry for ya too.

R
Rain posted on Tue, Jan 27, 2004 5:58 PM

man, gecko - i was enjoying the winter until i saw these.

[i]Will have to build a large snow tiki for you.

smashing idea!

T

And my wife wonders why I want us to go to Hawaii for our 20th wedding aniv.

Great pics Gecko!

B

Just wanted to show you guys why you should move here and leave da snow behind... you won't miss it!!

If only we could! You know, it's not nice to poke a dog with a stick. Especially a very cold and tired (from shovelling snow) dog. At least we can turn up the heat, and the slack key on the stereo in the Tiki lounge, sip a tropical drink, and fantasize. Right? That's why we have always maintained that Chicago NEEDS Tiki more than you fine folks in warmer climates.

Aloha!
-Amy and Duke

8T

Beautiful photos Gecko My Man!

I may be 80 degrees behind you in temps,
but I'm 6 inches ahead of you....in snow that is! BRRRRRRRR

E

Sh*************t!!! (That's "shit" with a lotta "i's" in the middle) I CAN'T spend the rest of my life in the North! If I don't get to live out my days in the Islands I'm gonna become a bitter twisted old fart. Mrs. emspace is American, I'm gonna get dual citizenship, we have got to figure out how to do this!

As soon as I can figure out how I will let you know.

I mean it!

aloha, em.

just do it em. wut....you think you're goin' to die if you do? you'll find a way to survive. But you now have a little one to think about. Not just your life anymore eh brah? I'm right wit ya'. that's whats holdin' me back too. kids.

Hey Gecko,
Was just over last Friday driving by Chinamans on the way to Haleiwa to check the surf. Going off by the way!!!! 15 to 20 too big for my haouli self. My friend owns the "Plantation" up the road at Kaaawa. The view of your friends place looks like it's on Kualoa ranch almost. What a choice spot! Hey Brah, sorry for no call. I was on a short timer on my way back from the Philippines. Good times!!! (we'll hook up next time I'm over... fo sho!) Aloha, Wes

E

On 2004-01-27 21:26, jungletrader wrote:
just do it em. wut....you think you're goin' to die if you do? you'll find a way to survive. But you now have a little one to think about. Not just your life anymore eh brah? I'm right wit ya'. that's whats holdin' me back too. kids.

Thanks for the greets jungletrader. You're right all the way. I like to say "this isn't my practice life!" and I try to live that way, but you have to get ENOUGH money for the whole family. Just need to put on the old thinking cap and figure it out. Mrs. em is thinking we should move to Vancouver Island (and we're paying a visit tomorrow to look around) - but that island isn't far enough West or South! I'll find a way to convince her...

:), em.

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-10 13:46 ]

Now that's a Tiki oasis! I woulk like to find old style torches like those.....

I'm looking for cheap tickets from SD to Honalulu right now. San Diego might be close to paradise, but I'd like to get just a little closer...

KK

-ulp.

Beautiful Gecko... as I look out my window on 10 inches of snow... I'm heading out tonight to snowboard... windchills are supposed to be -20 with a air temp of 8...

I was right below that spot on the Highway at Chinaman's Hat... which one is it....?

Kamehameha, Kahekili, Kalanianaole?

My other two favorite landmarks are Sleeping Lion on O'ahu and the Sleeping Giant on Kaua'i...
I love the all the stories about why things are on the islands... especially the one about the Princess and the winds up in the Ko'olau Mountains... or at least that's what I remember...

Trying real hard to get the honeymoon for our upcoming June 5 wedding to happen in the islands... want to see them again...
here's me on the North Shore many years ago...

Mahalo for the warm pictures!

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer on 2004-01-28 12:07 ]

Pages: 1 23 replies