Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Classic Mounds Hawaiian Commercial

Pages: 1 5 replies

I found this by accident and glad I did.
I have never seen this Mounds Almond Joy commercial before, but it has a great Hawaiian vibe to it.
Can you catch the tiki spot?
Can anyone guess the year it was made (I don't know)

http://www.bubblegoose.com/ClassicCommercials/commercials/mounds84.avi

A Tiki Cheers To You

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2004-01-29 13:30 ]

there's something really weird about that link, it leads right back to the thread.

S

Right click and save target as on that link.

The ad says 1985. I am still trying to see if the gal in yellow running towards us is flashing us. It almost looks lik she's topless and her boobs are fogged out. Nah.

[ Edited by: swanky on 2004-01-29 14:08 ]

J

Speaking of Hawaiian vibed advertising - I recently picked up a bunch of radio ads on reel to reel tape dating back to 1972. One of the reels had a spot for 7-11's newest Slurpee flavor called "Awa Awa Uka Lele" and this ad may actually be downright tiki - beating drums of the island natives, the exotica tinged "siren song of the native maiden", etc. Probably one of the most entertaining 60 second radio spots ever, at least to us! I transfered the tape to MP3 and annoyed many friends this summer by taking a commercial break on a mix CD I made with this ad.

On 2004-01-29 13:31, Swanky wrote:
Right click and save target as on that link.

The ad says 1985. I am still trying to see if the gal in yellow running towards us is flashing us. It almost looks lik she's topless and her boobs are fogged out. Nah.

Swanky,
When I enlarge the video, I think your right.
You definitely have an eye for "paradise"

T

Can you post that mp3? I'd love to hear it...!

Pages: 1 5 replies