Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Original Member's Very First T.C. Bar Crawl (Aftermath)

Pages: 1 9 replies

I'm glad they had a designated driver.

"We ain't leavin', til we're heavin'!!!"

I have 2 kids, those babies are cute...and I don't think that's funny at all.

Sorry JT.
I wasn't lookin to piss someone off.
(Photo re-edited for P.C..)

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2004-02-18 11:14 ]

Obviously kids less than 1 year old should NOT drink booze!

And I sure hope this doesn't make me a bad daddy, but I have my 8 year old - Baby Bong - making my Mai Tais, Lapu Lapus and Trader Vic's Grogs as of late.

I tell her the history of Trader Vic, Don the Beachcomber and all kinds of tiki related non-sense. She's quite familiar with the types of booze, mixers, and garnishments necessary in the Tiki bar world.

I just figure I'm guaranteeing that my tiki mug and bar collection will go to one of my own that will have an appreciation for it after I'm long gone dead.

(I remember my step-father assisting my knowledge in much the same way "Boy, fetch me a beer out of the cooler! Now!")

B

I just feel sorry for the dogs who had to give up their beds for these damn Midgets!

L

On 2004-02-18 10:59, Tiki_Bong wrote:

And I sure hope this doesn't make me a bad daddy, but I have my 8 year old - Baby Bong - making my Mai Tais, Lapu Lapus and Trader Vic's Grogs as of late.

Ever seen the movie Auntie Mame? A must see family movie. It's my Mom's favorite and in the movie she has her nephew mixing up martinis like a pro!
"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!"

Unga Bunga, it didn't piss me off, just sad to think of babies overdosing. Some things just don't mix, and humor is subjective.
There's also sensitivity. I saw a cat the other day get hit by a car. I don't know if it made it out alive or not but I was right behind the car that hit it. I could feel a bump, even though my tires didn't go over it. I could see it for a split second before it went under, twirling, twisting, trying to get it's footing. To be honest, I felt bad for the cat. Not too long ago I couldn't have cared less about the cat. But I've come to like cats, I guess I've been brainwashed because they have been forced upon me. Always been a dog man. They crap in my dirt and when it gets on my boots it's like gummy........well crap. And it stinks to high heaven and it's harder then hell to get off. I hate that about cats. If this sounds like Dr. Suess.........but I have run over a cat before, just saw a white flash and felt a bump. Back then I didn't care.........blah,blah,blah. It's all about sensitivity. Right Bong? Bong is a sensitive guy. BLAH,BLAH BLAH. from babies and booze to cats and..........

On 2004-02-18 10:59, Tiki_Bong wrote:

And, as Archie McPhee so righteously reminds us, "Real babies should NEVER smoke!"

L
laney posted on Wed, Feb 18, 2004 1:25 PM

Oh, JT, that is such an awful thing. A few months ago, the same thing happened to me. I was behind but next to a car that hit an opossum, I saw it happen, and the guy didn't try to avoid it (he had room too) or even tap the breaks at any time (before or after) That image has stuck in my mind. I'm sorry that happened to you.

[ Edited by: laney on 2004-02-18 13:26 ]

Pages: 1 9 replies