Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New Website

Pages: 1 2 62 replies

It's official! Check it out and tell me what you think. http://www.bambooben.com

H

Hee! I love it, it's perfect.

T

All the info is there! What more do you need to know?

[ Edited by: tikigreg on 2004-03-03 08:28 ]

Just lovely. The photographer did a great job....nice layout. Easy full-page scrolling.

Now back to my crow.

[ Edited by: jungletrader on 2004-03-03 08:29 ]

Lovely clothes Emperor!!!

J

Wow what a website! I didn't have a hard time navigating the site but does it have to be so Flash intensive? I mean the animations are exciting and fast paced but my dial-up connection is gonna have a hard time keeping up! Excellent!

JohnTiki

Aloha from the enchanted Pi Yi Grotto in exotic Bel Air Maryland!

[ Edited by: johntiki on 2004-03-03 09:01 ]

T

Hey Ben,

The address is wrong. You're on Adams (ha ha)

T

Your attention to detail is only surpassed by your ability to maximize the use of minimalization. I could not find the online shopping cart, is it still in the Safeway.com parking lot? :)

C

That is so punk! Nice work Ben!

B

Am I missing something? All I see is a page full of tiled BambooBens Business cards...

Very Andy Warhol-esque....

Beautiful --- Simply, Beautiful.

It needs some music.

Hey Benz, That is the charm of the Bammboo Ben site it is so raw.

P-pop- Reminded me of Warhol also.

Unga- howz about a high volume sound clip on the front page that goes
AAARRRGGGHHH. When it loads

Chongolio

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

Come explore http://www.lost-isle.com

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2004-03-03 11:04 ]

T

Benzart,
I don't think you're clicking on the correct buttons. Try clicking on the 22nd 'o' starting from upper left, then click three times on '712' to the left of that. Also check that your Flash player is updated, your cache is emptied, your browser has been refreshed, and your graphics acceleration is set to full. If it still doesn't work, go mix up a pitcher of Mai Tais and relax. You're really not missing all that much. :D

T

I like your hours! Saturday until sunset... that's the aloha spirit.

On 2004-03-03 11:03, Chongolio wrote:
Unga- howz about a high volume sound clip on the front page that goes
AAARRRGGGHHH. When it loads
Chongolio

http://www.audioautographs.com/tiki/arrrr.mp3

Great job, Bamboo Ben - and your color combination is uncanny!

http://www.samgambino.com

T

If I'm being honest, it is the worst website I've ever seen... no, seriously. I don't think anyone in thier right mind would disagree... I mean, I'm not even sure where you are located Ben!

dude - you crashed my browser

D

RevBambooBen wrote

It's official! Check it out and tell me what you think. http://www.bambooben.com

What a Tease! Damn You!

Benzart? Are you saying The Emperor wears no clothes?......harrumph!

B

I'm saying all I see is Bamboo Bens Business cards all over the screen. Is my Windows Broke?

Yeah, you're Windows is broke. Better get a new one and throw the old one out the other window.

Mahalo's for all your cool feedback. It took me 4 years to come up with that! Maybe in another 4 years I'll have pictures up. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

I think they need a link to it on the Hukilau Site.

Oh, by the way. We forgot to mention that our main man [email protected] is the winner of the " Get Bamboo Ben to get a Website Up Contest" He has a vibe that is un-real! Good ol' brutha from the past!

On 2004-03-03 19:28, jungletrader wrote:
Yeah, you're Windows is broke. Better get a new one and throw the old one out the other window.

"I'd give you my seat, but I'm sitting in it."

UB

On 2004-03-04 14:09, freddiefreelance wrote:

This is a Gala Day for Bamboo Ben!

http://www.audioautographs.com/tiki/gala.mp3

S

Score! :wink:

T

You know, I looked at the site again, and I still like it. But what I want to knowis...is it art?

No, it's not art....he just went out the window.....badabing.

I am with benzart, all I see is cards

Ben's webpage is the Sex Pistol's "Never Mind the Bullocks" album cover of tiki... arrrr Bennno!
Holden

T

I was just thinking the other day, that you need your website up, then I see this thread... with excitement I couldn't hit the link fast enough.......shite. Nobody home. Seriously dude, give some webdesigner here a piece of bamboo signed by you, and call it a trade. Although, you might find your bars being reproduced in 3rd world countries and shipped over if you do that...... now that I think about it, good technique. no website, no copy, no worries. Except for the guy in the big white van with utility racks on top looking for bamboo at wholesale... ha ha..

B

Newtotiki, I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing a "Cards only" page. Wish I knew how to fix it. HukiLauss page comes up fine..I Dunno.

T

Do you think we should let Benzart in on the secret to the website?

No

ayyyyyyy!!!

j$

T

No Johnny $ it's pronounced

[ Edited by: Turbogod on 2004-03-09 09:39 ]

[ Edited by: Turbogod on 2004-03-09 09:42 ]

B

Aah, Come on, spill it.One of these days I may learn a little about computers.

On 2004-03-09 00:43, tikitony wrote:
Seriously dude, give some webdesigner here a piece of bamboo signed by you, and call it a trade.

Ben,
Would you sign my bamboo?

B

Bring it on

Ahoy!!! Glad Y'all are enjoying the new website. When my "webmaster" returns from Hale and recovers from "the illness," he's gonna add a couple of "thangs." We're sure Y'all will enjoy the new additions so, check it out weekly. Get Down and, Get back with you're bad selve!!

Like I said, there are "new things" to check out. Updated last night. 3/25/04. tell us what you think!? Arrrrr.

D

I can't believe I fell for it! heehee, the blue is my favorite....damn you!

Glad you liked the blue Dawn. I kinda dig the red.

I need feed back. Maybe some of you out there can give me some. I noticed that 50 people viewed it from 6pm to 9pm tonight. Feedback!!! Talk to me man!!! Should we keep going like this or post some stuff???

Alohahahahahaha!!

T

I thought the original site was amazing, but now, it's...it's...PURE GENIUS!!!

Ben, are you sure you didn't invent the Internet, and not that Gore fella?

its a little too flashy for me. my computer kept stalling and smoking, and its a duel G-5 mac.

Pages: 1 2 62 replies