Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Hawaiian Dick collection at Amazon

Pages: 1 7 replies

If you cats haven't picked up the Hawaiian Dick trade as of yet, Amazon has launched a new graphic novel push, and the Dick can be had for a very reasonable price:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/feature/-/449471/002-4777323-1458426

(It's the third book down)

Mahalo!

Funnily enough I just picked up the second issue of Hawaiian Dick yesterday, but am missing the first and third instalments. If I can't find 1 & 3, the compilation volume will be the way to go.

Great artwork, by the way!

Trader Woody

Thanks, Woody!

Here's a sneak peek of a couple of images from the new series:

-BCM

K
Kono posted on Sat, Mar 13, 2004 7:06 PM

Hey, I really enjoyed the first Hawaiian Dick book. I picked it up on Amazon a few weeks ago. I started to take a quick skim of it and wound up plopping down and reading it through in one sitting. Great read!

I've wondered if you'd ever read The Obake Files by Glen Grant. Lots of contemporary accounts of encounters with Pele, the Night Marchers, menehune, ghost dogs and other things that go bump in the night. Awesome book for anyone interested in the spooky and mysterious side of Hawaii. :o

[ Edited by: Phillip Roberts 2010-07-23 23:58 ]

I've wondered if you'd ever read The Obake Files by Glen Grant. Lots of contemporary accounts of encounters with Pele, the Night Marchers, menehune, ghost dogs and other things that go bump in the night. Awesome book for anyone interested in the spooky and mysterious side of Hawaii. :o

No, I haven't, but thanks greatly for the recommendation! This is the kind of stuff that helps a lot.

And thanks for supporting the book. I love the Tiki Nation.

-BCM

On 2004-03-13 19:10, filslash wrote:
aloha,

Yippeeee! New Hawaiian Dick! Looks great! cant wait to see him in action again! Thanks for the sneak peek! When is it hitting the stores?

Right now I'm going to guess late April. The WORST CASE scenario is it won't make it out until July, due to some delays with the art. Fingers crossed this doesn't happen.

In case you all missed it, Hawaiian Dick artist Steven Griffin created the T-shirts and posters for last year's Exotica! in Chicago:

Mahalo!
-BCM

H

My copy of the collection arrived from Amazon on Friday, and after tearing through it this weekend while on my trip to San Francisco, I have to say...

I LOVE HAWAIIAN DICK!

Ahem. Sorry. That wasn't very ladylike of me. But seriously -- this sucker is fantastic. I'd seen the posts here and thought the artwork was really cool looking, but hadn't taken the time to look closely. Mistake. Pick up the collection. Whether you are a fan of comics or graphic novels matters not -- like the Sandman series, this is an unusally accessible series that will definitely appeal to this crowd. And the artwork is really gorgeous. It's a perfect medium for this sort of story, and it's really well executed.

I WANT MORE HAWAIIAN DICK!

When does the Mo Kalama mug come out?

Pages: 1 7 replies