Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Do They Play Music at Trader Vics?

Pages: 1 9 replies

I've never been to Trader Vics but I'm wondering if they pipe mood music there and if so is it the exotica that goes well with a mai tai? I certainlly hope its not a loop with McArthur Park on it.

T

In Emeryville they play soft Hawaiian music. It is so soft that sometimes you can't hear it until you go in the bathroom!

It's Linkin Park I think.

S

Trader Vic's corporate office sends out music to the Atlanta Vic's, and it's bad Calyspo stuff. You may think that sounds good, it's not. But, they have gottena a local DJ to make some Hawaiian CDs for them and they play those now.

Here, in the hills of Beverly, they play soft Hawaiian music; instrumental & vocal. As is The Jab's experience up north, it seems much more apparent in the restrooms here, too!

-Weird Unc

T

No Bong, that's Leakin Park

T

Actually, the new music at Trader Vic's Atlanta was purchased by the new Food and Beverage Manager of the Hilton that is bound and determined to turn this location back into a Tiki Bar! Just tonight while I was sitting there I heard 4 different versions of The Hukilau song and sang to every one.

I'll be posting tomorrow about an upcoming event that I'm hosting there.

Yee-Haw & Aloha,

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki on 2004-03-17 22:27 ]

On 2004-03-17 22:03, tiki_kiliki wrote:
Actually, the new music at Trader Vic's Atlanta is bound and determined to turn this location back into a Tiki Bar! Just tonight while I was sitting there I heard 4 different versions of The Hukilau song and sang to every one.

Yee-Haw & Aloha,
Tiki Kiliki[/url]

<

Lots of Hukilau, but were there any "happy birthday" tunes mixed in you St Patricks Birthday Gal you??? Mr. Smiley

No, unfortunately no Happy Birthday tunes for me - it would've been great for the international staff to sing Happy B'day to me though!

I did receive a flaming Samoan Fogcutter compliments of Joel the bartender himself.

Happy Birthday Killiki!! I am sure you enjoyed yourself at Trader Vics as usual.

We are really looking forward to your visit (s) to Halé Tiki!!!! I have a feeling you will make a routine visit.

Julee

Pages: 1 9 replies