Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New Feature: View All New Topics

Pages: 1 13 replies

Okay, I needed to make some changes to Tiki Central to make it harder for google-spammers to get in. While I was at it I came up with an idea ...

View All New Topics

Although having multiple forums is great for organizing data; it seems that for a certain type of TCer (the very frequent visitor) it simply makes it harder to see "what's new since I last visited".

Well, now you can use the new View All New Topics page to see it all, mixed together, chronologically!

On the main page you'll see a link below the Tiki Central logo and the google search that reads "View New Posts Across All Forums". If you are logged in, this will show you all the topics that have been active since your last visit.

If you're not logged in, it will show you all the topics active in the last day.

Please your comments here; I'd love to see if people think this feature is a step forward or a step back.

~Hanford

T

Hi Hanford,
I think this a great feature, and definitely one giant leap for tikikind. It might be more helpful if the link were visible on the main page. (Text is white!) :wink:

B

HAnford, I agree this is a Very much needed feature and will hepl make TC even that much better.Thank you.

T

I think that's a great idea. Though, it will cut down on my worktime goof offs.

Yet another way in which I am getting loads for my whopping $2 per month! Thanks, Hanford! (I hadn't even thought about the constant vigilance needed to keep spammers out. Do you ever sleep???)

Hanford -- good work! Another great convenience on this excellent board!

D

Hanford, you have turned my Tiki obsession into a TC cumpulsion. Thanks for keeping TC fun and interesting :tiki: - DawnTiki

Thanks. I actually think it is funny that after working hard to come up with sensible, discreet forum categories to help organize and to make it more manageable, that this new feature just plows right over all that. But I think there are reasons for both so I'm glad people find this new feature useful.

~Hanford

On 2004-03-18 02:42, hanford_lemoore wrote:
If you are logged in, this will show you all the topics that have been active since your last visit.

Does this apply to Grand Member postings as well?

T

Great idea! Although I usually read the posts in email, it makes it much easier to catch up if I'm away from TC for a while.

On 2004-03-18 10:46, hanford_lemoore wrote:
Thanks. I actually think it is funny that after working hard to come up with sensible, discreet forum categories to help organize and to make it more manageable, that this new feature just plows right over all that. But I think there are reasons for both so I'm glad people find this new feature useful.

~Hanford

itz da bomb, things just keep getting better here... mahalozzzzzzz

S

I still like the old fashioned way of going to each forum. I like the suspense!

Yes Cyn, if you're logged in it will show you all the topics from all the forums you have access to.

~Hanford

On 2004-03-18 22:23, hanford_lemoore wrote:
Yes Cyn, if you're logged in it will show you all the topics from all the forums you have access to.

Whoo-hoo! Thank youuuuuu!

Pages: 1 13 replies