Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Hello!

Pages: 1 8 replies

Hi, I just joined up. Very happy to find this link. I'm just setting up my Tiki room, I love all things Tiki! The first time I ever experienced anything Tiki-like was when I was 16 and my folks took me to the Kon Tiki in Montreal for my birthday. I've been a nut for anything TIKI every since. I'm dying to go to Tahiti! Any other Tiki nuts in Montreal? Let me know. Been to the Tiki Gardens, but what a sad shade of things past. Very tacky, and awful food. But, I'd love to have one of the giant tiki statues they've got in the front!Anyone else been there?

HH

Aloha and welcome, hope u enjoy it here.

I know this will sound silly, but Tiki Goddess, do you know any guys in their 30's with the last name of Neumann? I have 7... no 6 male cousins from one family that live there. I used to feel like Snow White when I ws a kid trying to remember all their names when I'd visit them.

Welcome O Goddess of TIKI
May you have many posts in your future.
Vintage, now I know how you got those hips to move that way.
You had to run from the 7 dwarfs, good practice.

Aloha, and E Komo Mai, Tiki Goddess! Glad you finally made it! Can't wait to see pics of your tiki room. I've not been to Kon Tiki, but I've been meaning to check out all the stuff I read about in the Montreal area on the Tiki Bar Review pages...you're only ninety miles away...let me know of any Quebecoise Tiki Bashes, eh? Grey

Aloha, or as some say here...Bonjour! So nice to be made welcome! So glad I found this place. I know I'm not totally bonkers, er, well, I'm not alone anymore. My hubby has been very tolerant of my whole gaganess with the running about town getting stuff for my Tiki room. He even painted it (a nice Watery Turquoise) for me. I've got a 6 ft tall Banana tree (complete with Bananas!), a nice bamboo waterfall, a huge futon, and a huge dark wicker chair. Oh, and of course, my small (but growing) collection of Tikirama - My 2 original Tiki mugs from the Kon Tiki in Mtl, and some stuff I bought on Ebay. One day, if I save for the next 100 yrs, I may try to buy a Shag print! Whew! Oh well. It's my Tiki room, and when I enter in it I am the Tiki Goddess. Unless of course, the 2 cats want to be the Tiki Cat of the Tiki room, then they kinda own the place. Anyhoo, can't wait to hear all your stories!

I did go to the Jardin Tiki (EEWW!)... but I'll post that one another time!

later!
tikigoddess

On 2002-08-19 22:56, vintagegirl wrote:
I know this will sound silly, but Tiki Goddess, do you know any guys in their 30's with the last name of Neumann? I have 7... no 6 male cousins from one family that live there. I used to feel like Snow White when I ws a kid trying to remember all their names when I'd visit them.

Hi vintagegirl, nope, don't know any folks with the last name of Neumann sorry! I kinda feel like Snow white too sometimes, but's that's only because its so darn cold here sometimes, I'm totally frozen!
--Tiki Goddess

E

Bienvenue TikiGoddess? If you know any guys named Jean Chretien...give 'em a kick in the ass for me!

aloha,
emspace.

OHhhhh yehhhhh...good ole JC, Jean Cretin...Yep I think I know who that is. He's a real twit in MHO. Don't really care for any of the other ones either though. Politicians are usually a waste of good air as far as I can tell. Don't pay much attention to that.
I'd rather sit on a beach somewhere, have a pina colada or mai tai, and fogedaboutit! Life's too short.

Found a fab bar (not really Tiki, but good still) in Puerto Vallarta, "Burros Bar". Right on the beach, had Tiki type umbrellas, toes in the sand, and the drinks were two for $5.00 (CDN)! Not too shabby. Wish I were there right now!
Tiki Goddess

Pages: 1 8 replies