Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

ANNOUCEMENT: Tiki Central Web Server Upgrades

Pages: 1 9 replies

Aloha,

This is just an announcement to let you all know that I'm going to be upgrading the server that Tiki Central runs on.

In order to do this, I'm going to have to copy Tiki Central to the new server. It may mean Tiki Central will be down for a little bit.

If any of this happens I'm going to try and put together a page that will explain what's going on. But that may not happen, and I want people to know what's going on if you go to visit Tiki Central and nothing appears.

FYI:
You may not know this but currently tikicentral.com can only have 10 people downloading pages/images at a time. Even though the download takes only a few seconds per page, this 10 person limit has caused slow-downs during the day when we've had more than 10 Tiki Central and tikicentral.com visitors looking at images/pages/messages.

So this upgrade will fix that.

Mahalo.

~Hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2002-08-27 16:12 ]

aaaaaAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

M

On a related not, what about the maintenance costs for our little club here? Have you decided on any Tiki Central shirt/paraphenalia?

I have been eager to help off-set some of the costs for the site with a purchase. It's the least we can do to assist in this production.

midnite

*On 2002-08-27 16:22, midnite_tiki wrote:*On a related note, what about the maintenance costs for our little club here?

Well, that's not really an issue. There's a reason for this, but I've not announced it yet. Hopefully soon. :)

Have you decided on any Tiki Central shirt/paraphenalia?

Well the decision has been made, but getting the work done is a different story.

I want to start with simple stuff. More will come down the line after this:

-Shirts
-Patches

As far as patches goes, there were some people who wanted Tiki Central patches and others that wanted something that signified the club without the words "tiki Central" being on it. Something like Shecky (but not nesicarily him). So we're working on this.

Also, the shirts will be no-brainers. When I get some spare time I'll throw together some designs. If no one likes them, it's easy to make more. With the Shirts it's a lot easier.

I'll post more about this when the time comes. I want to have something for everyone, but it's been tough getting the free time. And I'm a control-freak. LOL.

~Hanford

Hanford,

I'm very much up to just plain paying a yearly fee of some sort. I enjoy this site (I DON'T SURF THIS SITE THOUGH!) and would contribute something for your time and trouble.

Will it be possible eventually to store video clips at the site, or would that take up tooooo much space?

On 2002-08-27 16:37, floratina wrote:
Will it be possible eventually to store video clips at the site, or would that take up tooooo much space?

Eventually. I don't have an ETA. This will take some time.

~Hanford

On 2002-08-27 16:36, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Hanford,

I'm very much up to just plain paying a yearly fee of some sort. I enjoy this site (I DON'T SURF THIS SITE THOUGH!) and would contribute something for your time and trouble.

I appreciate this offer. I may set something like this up.

Buying stuff to support the effort or simply paying suits me. The site is worth it.

H

I would definitely be interested in supporting this place. Especially if I got the opportunity to be a human billboard.

Don't suppose you'd consider making some reeeally small shirts? Like maybe some baby doll Ts? Being of Abnormally Small Dimensions, normal tshirts look silly on me. But I know you've gotta make sizes that more than one person can buy.

Pages: 1 9 replies