Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Formikahini in London, July 20, 21, and 27

Pages: 1 34 replies

Howdy, Tiki Brits!

I'm whipping through your fair city in late July, both going to (20th & 21st) and returning (27th) from a quick stay in St. Petersburg, Russia (where I'm meeting up with my folks). I'd LOVE to meet you folks, and see some London tiki!

Don't know yet if I'm staying with a pal (who may be out of town) or at a hotel, but the second night will have to end in time for me to be out at Heathrow to leave at 6:55 AM (blech!). Other than that, I plan to squeeze in all the fun I can :)

Cheerio!
F

Hi,
I'm always up for a Mai Tai in London. Count me in for meeting up for a drink at Trader Vic's or SLP.

The "cheekyhalfs" are in town then as well.
Sounds like the start of something to me!

[ Edited by: cheekytiki on 2004-06-26 03:58 ]

Yippee!!

I'm already getting happy :) :)

And Kon-Hemsby, I look forward to seeing your great Moai ink in person!

I'm a loooong way from London these days, but I'll do my best to be there. Perhaps a Trader Vic's/South London Pacific combo is in order?

Trader Woody

Hey Kids!

The Cheeky Halfs are up for some 'sightseeing'. I've already touched tentative bases with Woody and Cheeky. Do you want to set a time and place with Kon-Hemsby and we'll just show up?

Start at Trader Vics and see what happens??

The week of the 19th works well for us...

Cheers.

[ Edited by: cheeky half on 2004-06-28 15:03 ]

I think a Trader Vics /SLP combo is a great idea.

Let me know the date and time and I'll be there.

Ack! I was just about to book a hotel for a couple of nights and then realised the 20th/21st was midweek! Damn - I'm afraid I've go no chance of making those dates. I'd been thinking that it was a weekend.

Big apologies, as it sounds like a great night is on the cards.

Trader Woody

I just checked the South London Pacific web site and they're closed on Mondays and Tuesdays! On the bright side it says Happy Hour is from 6-8.

I guess this means we have to meet up on Wednesday 21st.

Don't know about anyone else but we're up for a meet at Trader Vics for cocktail hour and then a swing down south to SLP to hit happy hour.

Can Cheekytiki, Kon-Hemsby and Formikahini make it to TV's around say 3-ish on Wednesday 21st?

Sorry you can't make it Woody, but we'll see you up in your neck of the woods the week after.

Cheeky Half

*On 2004-07-01 07:31, cheeky half wrote:*I just checked the South London Pacific web site and they're closed on Mondays and Tuesdays! On the bright side it says Happy Hour is from 6-8.

I guess this means we have to meet up on Wednesday 21st.

Don't know about anyone else but we're up for a meet at Trader Vics for cocktail hour and then a swing down south to SLP to hit happy hour.

Can Cheekytiki, Kon-Hemsby and Formikahini make it to TV's around say 3-ish on Wednesday 21st?
I'll be there! Can't wait to see you folks!

Trader Woody, I'm heartbroken you can't be there :(. And my trip home (back thru) is also mid-week. Rats!

Yeah, I'll be there too, gotta love those early midweek cocktail sessions, I'd better book thursday off as well!

Trader Vic's at 3PM then..(is it open in the afternoons?)

I'll be easy to find, I'm the one with a cast on my arm, thanks to severing a couple of tendons in a wine glass incident!

H

According to the info I've got, they're open at noon on weekdays, but someone should probably call to check.

http://64.81.235.211/cgi-bin/location.cgi?loc_id=88

Ph: 44-207-208-4113

Have FUN in Europe, Formikahini! When ya gonna come see us in Hoiti Toiti Land?

Sorry about the arm Kon-Hemsby.

Mrs. Cheeky Half will be on crutches following knee surgery so we'll be easy to spot too.

I guess Formikahini and Cheekytiki just need to look for the people in the bar who looked the most wrecked.....

sorry 'bout that.

See you all on the 21st.

The Cheeky Halfs

just checked and the bar is open from midday onwards!

I'm gonna be carefull over the next few weeks, sounds like theres a bit of bad Ju-Ju going around.
Now wheres my crash hat and elbow pads?

As soon as I posted that last post my computer went down so I went back outside to carry on carving and stabbed myself in the leg with a chisel, whats happening?

Strewth, we're going to make quite a bunch. Come on Formikahni and KH, get out the pointy things and start playing....

Cheekys

[ Edited by: cheeky half on 2004-07-06 16:22 ]

Does it count that I've been in traction 3X a week for the past few weeks? (Just sessions, not laid up in a hospital bed or nuthin').

I'll try and scrounge up a neck brace or something so I can fit in with the cool kids.

Kon-Hemsby, you KNOW that I'm seeing those tattoos whether you have a cast or not, ya hear?? Bring a chainsaw, buddy, if it's higher than your elbow.

On 2004-07-06 17:47, Formikahini wrote:
Does it count that I've been in traction 3X a week for the past few weeks? (Just sessions, not laid up in a hospital bed or nuthin').

I'll try and scrounge up a neck brace or something so I can fit in with the cool kids.

Kon-Hemsby, you KNOW that I'm seeing those tattoos whether you have a cast or not, ya hear?? Bring a chainsaw, buddy, if it's higher than your elbow.

hey maybe I'm not the only walking accident then! Traction, loose chisels, knee ops....

No worries my tattoo's can come out to play too!

So it seems as though Mr. Cheeky Half is the only one of us who is 100% unharmed and unhindered.

Looks like the first round is on him!

CH

On 2004-07-07 15:01, cheeky half wrote:
So it seems as though Mr. Cheeky Half is the only one of us who is 100% unharmed and unhindered.

Looks like the first round is on him!

CH

Sounds like being injured ain't so bad after all!

[ Edited by Humuhumu to fix BBCode quotes ]

[ Edited by: Humuhumu on 2004-07-07 15:09 ]

H

Perhaps you should all consider wearing helmets to this particular gathering.

Well, we're leaving for London on Monday, so we'll see you all at Trader Vics on the 21st.

3p.m. (or 15:00 for the Europeans)

Wear your bandages, splints, casts, and Band-Aids with pride!

CH

As Humuhumu suggests, I'll be there with a helmet, plus kneepads, elbow pads, and a bullet-proof vest.

But no mouth guard; wouldn't want anything to impede the flow of yummy tiki puka pukas!

Off I go!

I leave tomorrow and will meet the London gang on Wednesday. And thanks to the old guy tonight who ran a red light and broadsided me in my driver's door, totalling my beat-up-but-faithful-as-a-hounddog car, I too might be wearing the de riguer attire to the event. I see my chiropractor tomorrow, who just might outfit me with an attractive neckbrace or something for my way-stiff neck and back. We'll start the latest trend, Dahlink! "Bandage Chic"! No: "Triage Chic" (all French sounds more haute couture, no?)

Hasta pronto,
alice b

See you all tomorrow at Trader Vic's at 3PM.

You're not to believe this exists, but it does.....

http://castcentral.org/

Have a great time folks!

Trader Woody

LOL Woody, did you check out the personal ads? Hilarious!

I read one of the stories and I'm feeling slightly disturbed. Do you reckon theres apost on there somewhere Saying "Hey look at these wierdos at tikicentral.com".
See you at Trader vics in a coupla hours guys!

thanks to all the guys who came out last night, hope you all had fun and felt ok this morning!

We had a fantastic time last night. We had some great great drinks and met some way cool tikiphiles. Big thanks for the T's Cheekyhalf's.

We'll do it again and fit in SLP next time!

[ Edited by: kon-hemsby on 2004-07-22 16:11 ]

Be nice to Formikahini--- she had a birthday last week! :)

On 2004-07-22 11:16, mrsmiley wrote:
Be nice to Formikahini--- she had a birthday last week! :)

She wsa great to meet ysterday. I think she's in Russia today, so hopefully they're looking after her too!

From Russia vith Love, Dahlink!

What a lovely crew the Brittikis are (my new name for y'all)! I could not have had a better time with you all, save if SLP had not so inconveniently closed their doors Wednesday evening (BAStards!). Mr and Mrs Cheeky Half were a pure delight (thanks for the GREAT Tucson t-shirt!), as were The Kon-Hemsby's and CheekyTiki and the SuperCoolAussie Anjy. I eagerly await the development of the fotos of painting-mimicking by the TV bathroom door....

All is well in St. Petersburg, with only a wayfaring shrimp chip spoiling my first meal (I brought the Ipecac, so the offending substance was, um, ejected before causing damage), and the hotel's having temporarily having lost my passport card (without which I might not have the left the country!!). (What has been WITH my past week?!?) But now all is great and I have seen outrageously gilt everything.

But no tikis.

But three palm trees in paintings. That's the closest to Russky Tiki there is, folks. But I shall continue to search.

Actually, the Hermitage is tomorrow, where there is an abundance of Gaugin's. I consider him the tiki-est of the (almost)Grand Masters. I'm just crossing my fingers that they are not all out on loan to the big exhibition currently in, what, Boston? THAT would suck.

But Russia does NOT suck! Nope, not one bit :)

Oh, and MrSmiley, by birthday is actually a few days away still. But everyone can celebrate it all month long, no?

Dinetteskaya (my Russian double agent name)

Pages: 1 34 replies