Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

tiki faces in weird and strange places

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 304 replies

Rotisserie chicken container from the grocery store - reminded me of this:

My friend sent me this picture of some industrial equipment he found in Colorado:

Buzzy Out!

This is the kinda thing that drives me crazy in antique malls.

On 2010-01-25 10:13, SilverLine wrote:
This is the kinda thing that drives me crazy in antique malls.

Perhaps this "Darth Tiki" was an inspiration! Looks like a Tiki with a "flip" hair-do! LOL

CA

this is a photo of a photo in an "air-port gallery" art show of Art Deco Building Photographs

here is a Make-make from Easter Island

coco boy?
wasn't this spotlighted in a 'Tiki News'???

6" galvanized steel rigid duct 90 degree fitting, straightened out to 0 degrees

Z
Zeta posted on Mon, Jun 7, 2010 3:45 PM

Z
Zeta posted on Mon, Jul 12, 2010 9:26 PM

The moai column

Z
Zeta posted on Wed, Jul 14, 2010 12:04 PM

The Thermomix god

D

Saw this decal on the back window of an SUV yesterday, when it occurred to me how Tiki-ish it truly was...

Optimus Prime can Hula????

:wink:

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, Jul 20, 2010 7:27 PM

That central thing above the entrance kind of looks like a Ku... (If you look fast and have some tequilas in you.)

Zeta, you are clearly on Tiki withdrawals...

Z
Zeta posted on Wed, Jul 21, 2010 9:54 AM

Always looking for tiki...
Or tiki looking for me?

When you glimpse Tikis in something in the corner of your eye, but when you look intently, it is gone, you are looking too hard and need a Tiki-break. I speak from experience. :)

Z
Zeta posted on Wed, Jul 21, 2010 10:33 AM

Blasphemy!

CA

Zeta You Rule... check it out!! the object that is made of purely decorative elements is a perfect proportional representation of the most famous Ku ever found in the Bishop museum!!(museum pic is shot at worm-eye and is skewing correct proportions)The uncanny stance alone is mind blowing I love the chest cavity which resembles more modern proportions of the cartoon age of tiki. Big Bro needs some better tiki glasses!
Great job!!

here is one found today in SF by band mate, base player. Lane

"Drowning Moai". Nice!

T

My husband works in a machine shop and a new tool came packed in this! Everyone noticed it, even non-tiki types.

I think 3:0anything looks like a tiki!

H

Mop in my garage looks like a rootball tiki. Okay, maybe not quite, but close!

Lego Tiki Bar...

from the mind of a 7 year old....

8T

That's cute. I can just hear your kid saying; " Hey, Leggo my Lego" as you try to grab those tikis.

T

Should make those moai snap into the lego flooring

Suitcase face.

God's rendition of Easter Island
Goblin Valley State Park, Utah

W

Elizabeth Eakins Sanchi fabric which, according to a 2004 New York Times blurb, "is an adaptation of a 19th-century Irish linen."

W

K

Not my mailbox - Glenn Forest, Western Australia

Aloha Folks...

a firebug:

I have tons of these in my garden

An old coal-burning stove.

This is an old motel next to where I used to pilot the World's Largest Passenger Helium Balloon on the Strip across from Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

The van is blocking the bottoms, but you get the idea.

A busted paper towel dispenser at Somethings Fishy restaurant.

DC

My son Blake just dug this one up. Look close around 40 sec so on....

http://youtu.be/SrGlLVZpnoA

p.s. there has to be a moai face on the stack and some angeled Faces on the right.

( never mind the fight going on in the forground. See my Face Book for that!)

ugh....

W

CA
CA

Saguaro Cactus

Marge Simpson Tiki

JABBERWOCKY!?!

On 2011-10-26 18:11, woofmutt wrote:

Woof, more like "Owl Faces in Wierd and Strange Places"
Crazy Al, I jus don't see it. Sagauro Central.

Box flap.

Appropriately this tiki face was on a Libby glassware box from 1970 that had held a martini set in it:

W

Neither weird or strange but seemed moai-esque...

Coming back to our room at the Bella Royale from Wangs (Palm Springs) I was feeling Pretty good cuz I was able to snag two of their green fu man chu type mugs.Thought I saw a tiki hiding among the palms;

Yup,here he is;

While I'm on the subject,there's a couple of real Ku's I see each time that I take my dog for a walk. The resident at the house these guys guard is not a tikifreak but he is an artist at the Disney Burbank studio. He said that his co-workers gave him the tikis, I forget what the occasion was. They are about 15" tall and are mounted on brick columns on opposite sides of his driveway. Although made of concrete they are showing some weathering which was of some concern to the owner.He's one of those guys we hate cuz there is not a blade of grass outta place on his property. Of course I hinted that I would take them off his hands should he decide to get rid of those nasty old Ku. Notice that at first glance the tikis appear to be identical. There are not so subtle differences in the two.
Cheers

RB

At Lake Merwin Campers Hideaway in SW Washington...about an hour north of Portland/Vancouver. Tiki is in a space across from my hosts' place. Owner has never been there when I've been there, so I don't know the story.

He was outside of the Lagoon Room right before the Femme Fatale Follies at Tiki Oasis.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

From the meat department of the Santa Cruz Market in Santa Barbara.

DC

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 304 replies