Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

tiki faces in weird and strange places

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 304 replies

V

Seat belt on my Honda Fit

This total awesome "Marquesan with a Blue Headband" was made by the sun reflecting off a Mini Cooper hood onto a carport :D

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2013-03-27 09:45 ]

I've had this screen capture for a while wondering if Tom Hanks in CAST AWAY was meditating with is new island tiki or just trying to figure out what to do with this piece of trash that washed up on the beach. You decide. I also can't figure out if I saw this on my own or did I read this idea on TC somewhere?

A perfect place for a tiki, on a South Seas island. A modern tiki anyway.

Man you guys & gals of TC have a thread for everything tiki. Love it!

[ Edited by: creativenative 2013-04-12 21:42 ]

[ Edited by: creativenative 2013-04-12 23:58 ]

As you drive towards the Bali Hai on Shelter Island Dr. you’re flanked at times by “barricades” that my wife says reminds her of tiki’s.
Well, one was a casualty of the new year. When I first saw him he was lying on the walk surronded by debris. The pictures show him cleaned up a bit

Vase

Looked up at my ceiling fan while sipping a Mai Tai. Started seeing tiki’s on the blades.

Los Angeles International Airport. Actually not strange as LA was the birthplace of Tiki.

navy ships in the inner harbor the tiki on the cover of The Very Best of Martin Denny

D
DoKwan posted on Mon, Sep 1, 2014 5:49 AM

Providence, RI fence moai

Good eye for the moai Dokwan!

While scrounging around the local goodwill......saw it from a distance and could have sworn it was a mug.

howlinowl

F

I have only recently discovered this thread as it was bumped to the top... boy am I glad!

I can say it definitely has brought a smile and a few laughs this morning. Asides that it assures me that I am not the only crazy one whose mind wanders suffering from a tiki form of pareidolia from time to time.

venice tiki palms

[img]https://tikicentral.com/uploads/6644/5461020f.jpg[/img

[ Edited by: ron-tiki 2014-11-10 10:22 ]

[ Edited by: ron-tiki 2014-11-10 10:23 ]

On 2014-11-10 10:24, ron-tiki wrote:

Nice Ron! izzat in one of our beach cities?
Mahalo

R

YEP .. Venice - Rialto and Riviera streets..

Browsing online for something totally unrelated and whoa!
Witco?
Bosko?

No... :(

Something strange happens to the stereo in our kitchen. It might look normal here:

But in certain light, particularly in the morning, you see happy TIKI guys:

Especially funny considering the location by the cabinets, as it reminds us of modern tiki in bigbro's kitchen:

Or Luau 400:

Thank God I'm not the only one...

Combing the estate sale ads, looking for tiki. Thought we found one in this photo from a house sale ad...

With a list of estate sale addresses in hand, plugging them into Google Street View to check for older houses for promising "vintage" sales, we see something unusual on the lawn....

What is this? Giant Moai in the suburbs? It's so obviously what it is, like the faces on Mars picked up in NASA cameras.

Then Google Maps finishes loading the page and we see it at full resolution:

OK, this is bad ass. A Tiki face on an original Shelby Cobra!

DC

Is the radiator the mouth - or the belly, with the front fenders being the arms?

I bet Amy had something to do with this! :wink:

Recent trip to the Grand Canyon and spotted this Moai!

Can anyone else see it ?

Or was I hallucinating from the cold!!!

It was 9 degrees !!! :wink:

G
GROG posted on Wed, Dec 23, 2015 11:34 PM

GROG put GROG' best people on it, and they've come up with the following conclusion. You've been smoking some funny cigarettes, and you probably saw the elusive Sasquatch Rock outcropping, which many people have mistaken for a Moai.

Hope something like this wasn't posted before. Early today I thought I was seeing things. This is my wife's crew hat from the movie "Real Steel":

But the undersides looked like this:

C

On 2016-06-16 09:26, Cavemoai wrote:

NICE!

Moai? Forehead, nose and ears :lol:

S

H
Heath posted on Sat, Oct 15, 2016 8:19 PM

Saw this extinguisher at my in-laws house.
It seems strangely familiar for some reason...

[ Edited by: Heath 2016-10-23 21:12 ]

Light fixture at a lodge in Glacier National Park. Am I crazy?

Courtesy of George Takei (not sure where he got it from).

I know this is not the standard post for this thread but I saw these 2 PNG masks in a shop in Borrego Springs hidden in with all the SouthWest art. Seemed like a weird place for them :lol:

Is this Witco?

Those are very RARE Bob. Put it on eBay!! :wink:

lol tikicoma!

Saw these two on a garden tour in the Whittier (California) area

I'm I seeing things. Is it only me that see moai in this photo. Better when one backs away from the image.

Lol
Yes

Here’s a few that may have been posted before. They are on Shelter Island Drive on the way to and from the Bali Hai and Humphrey’s Half Moon Inn.

Laundry soap bottle, viewed from the handle side. They have zillions of these "32 loads of laundry" bottles for $1 each at Dollar Tree, and they come in a number of gawdy colors. (That's 3 cents a load, and the money I save goes straight to buying more booze, lol.)

Somebody has this on Kauai Craigslist in the free section as free tiki face, 5'x6'. Huge! Don't know what it is/was, don't know what I could do with it. Yes, this is the way they posted the pic.

Nice one, I see it.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 304 replies