Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Lake Surfer at Port Washington Fish Day July 17th...

Pages: 1 20 replies

Aloha Hukilau... here I come! I'm done trying the art fairs here in Cheeseland... I blew another 7 hours sitting around people watching.

As soon as I get the details worked out I'm trucking a vanload down Florida way, where TIKI is known far and wide.

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2010-04-04 23:51 ]

T

Lake, yo bro looks like we are going to make a weekend of it, we will be coming to see you (and I am bringing money to get one of those sweet lamps this time) and then it looks like I will be meeting up with TNTiki that night. Later.

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:40 ]

Good luck Lake Surfer. Don't let it get you down if you don't sell again. Just remember it's Wisconsin. You need to find your market. Hukilau for instance.

Maybe you could put cheese head hats on all of them.

Good Luck

T

Flounder I cannot even believe you said that.

Tiki Toa, what part?

The " Just remember it's Wisconsin" or the "Maybe you could put cheese head hats on all of them."

T

The suggestion of cheese hats on tikis, but the sad part that there is some that would buy a tiki if you put a cheeshead on a tiki, Lake should carve up a Moai wearing a cheesehead to just see how bad the people of Wisconsin are.

lake, maybe you should take a copy of the book of tiki with you. put it out with anythig else that people can identify with past tiki (or present tiki) culture. maybe then they can say, oh yeah! I know what this is about. also i heard theres a rockabilly crowd in wissconsin. if theres any way to connect with these type people or any of the tatoo, surf swing people, this could be key. maybe put up fliers, etc.. where the hip crowd might hang out.can you play music there? make your presense known. best of luck jimmy.

D

Good luck,Lakesurfer! For a joke,I'd make up a tiki with the number 4 on the back-Brett "Tiki" Favre-you'd probably have a lot of interest in something like that.

On 2004-07-11 12:36, TNTiki wrote:
Lake Surfer:

How much are the lamps? I might want Tiki Toa to pick one up for me.

TNTiki... They sell for $85... complete with a lightbulb and ready to plug in...

Mahalo for all the support and well wishes crew... now, if I can only get the weather here to cooperate...

Yeah docwoods that is a really funny comment coming from someone who is a fan of "da bears" by the way, who's your QB? Has that revolving door stopped spinning yet? This is a little bit of revenge directed in a very light hearted manner at doc for the fact that I had to grow up watching the greatest BEAR of all time tear the Packers up for years, WALTER "SWEETNESS" PAYTON!

Go for it and good luck Lake! get out there and have fun! Play some Tropical music put on a Hawaiian shirt and get the wahine out there in a flowery dress and pretend your at an Island Bazaar. The book of tiki and other props will help get there attention. Blow a conch every 15 minutes or practice your bird calls. Give out shots of hawaiian punch! Spread the aloha and have a good time.

On 2004-07-11 14:23, FLOUNDERart wrote:

Maybe you could put cheese head hats on all of them.

It's already been done digitally, that is:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=9634&forum=7&vpost=99146

D

Tikitoa,here in Chicago,we'd KILL to have #4 on the Bears-you're right,the qb position here has been transitory at best.My thought was that if Lakesurfer could tie tiki in with the Packers,he would have a hit on his hands.

T

I agree with you Doc and Flouder, if you carved a Moai with a Cheesehead and a 4 on the front and back, some Wisconsinite would probably buy it regardless of what you charged, and that is just the sad state of people's awareness of Tiki in the midwest. But hey that is why I am doing the tiki event RAISE AWARNESS of the TIKI CAUSE! :)

After packing up what few tikis didn't sell I think the wife and I will enjoy the rest of the festival, get a fish fry and maybe visit with a surfer friend of mine who lives close by.

Chongolio... that all sounds great. I actually had exotica, Brudda Iz, and Hapa going all day at the last art fest but a street band down the ways kept drowning me out. I'm coming out in force again with the tunes, grass skirting, palm leaves and my best Aloha Shirt. Looks like the weather is gonna be great too.

Mahalo for the good vibes Ohana!

Just a little nudge upwards...

On 2004-07-16 08:43, Lake Surfer wrote:
Just a little nudge upwards...

and another....

Aloha Hukilau... here I come! I'm done trying the art fairs here in Cheeseland... I blew another 7 hours sitting around people watching.

As soon as I get the details worked out I'm trucking a vanload down Florida way, where TIKI is known far and wide.

See you at Trader Vic's and Tiki Pa'ina soon!

A shot of my space at Fish Day...

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer on 2004-07-18 22:34 ]

Damn bro that really does suck but glad to hear that you will be attending Hukilau.

It was probably ment to be.

Trust me once you are at Hukilau you'll be glad the cheeseheads didn't buy your cool tiki's.

See you in Sept.

Don't give up Lake Sufer Dude. Aloha will come to WI., and you'll be in just the right place, ahead of the curve. Are you gonna be at Hukilau?

Pages: 1 20 replies