Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

HAWAII/SPAIN CONNECTION

Pages: 1 16 replies

TC

Well, not only do Spaniards have a hankering for things Hawaiian/Tiki but Hawaiians appear to have a hankering for things Spanish...such as the Coochie Coochie Girl herself, Charo (and who can blame them :wink:)!

Check it out:

http://www.islander-magazine.com/spanish.html

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris on 2002-09-04 05:09 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris on 2002-09-04 05:10 ]

T

Great article
I was wondering why I liked
pineapple burritos

TC

from http://www.aloha.net/~mahalo/charo/letter.html . . .

Dear Friends,
My name is Charo. I was born in Murcia, Spain . . .

I wish I could be with you at this moment, but in a way I am, because the Internet carries the words to my songs, my love for you and my message to people throughout the world.

Love forever,

Charo

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris on 2002-09-04 07:49 ]

How it really sounded to the interviewer:

Derrrr Friends,
Mi name iz Charo (with a quick shake of the chest). I was borrrn in Murcia, Spain (a double shake of the chest). . .

I weesh I cood be wiju at dis momen, but een a way Ijam, becoos the Internet carries di worrrds to my sungs, mi love por ju and mi missash to peepo dru-out di worrll.

Love porjever,

Charo

SugarCaddyDaddy
(or as Charo would say: ChugaCadiDadi)

TC

On 2002-09-04 09:42, sugarcaddydaddy wrote:

...mi love por ju and mi missash to peepo dru-out di worrll...

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris on 2002-09-04 09:59 ]

T

GREAT thred, TC! But for some reason I cannot get the "Love Boat" theme song out of my head...

hmmm.... curious...

TC

On 2002-09-04 22:42, TikiMel wrote:
But for some reason I cannot get the "Love Boat" theme song out of my head...

T

You guys have to stop taking digitals of your wall posters.
I mean who can pull up a picture of Charo on the Love Boat that fast, it had to be on the back of your closet door right?

You know Charo speaks like I spell, I under stand comepleatlly

TC

On 2002-09-05 07:00, thebaxdog wrote:

I mean who can pull up a picture of Charo on the Love Boat that fast, it had to be on the back of your closet door right?

Back of my closet door? C'mon man, that image is from one of my many life-size Charo murals that adorn the ceiling and walls of my bedroom!

TC

By the way, how would YOU like to stay at Charo's Bali Hai Villa on Kauai?

http://planet-hawaii.com/visit-kauai/charo.html

D

What's a Charro? Isn't it one of those pastry thingy's you get with cinnamon and sugar sprinkled all over them?

T

CHARRO/ Latin for "OH MY GOD"
If you have ever seen her live,
you wish you were dead.
Cause now you have seen it all!!
or
It's a burger you left on the grill?

BB

14 years ago I was staying in Hanalei during the winter and it rained for a week solid and the bridge was flooded so we were stuck. the town is small and there was not a whole lot of food so we all had to go to Charos for Army Rations. I went back a few years after that and visited for old time sake and the food still tasted like army rations. The coconuts that were floating down the streets tasted better than their food! Charos? Blahh!

TM1

[How it really sounded to the interviewer:

Derrrr Friends,
Mi name iz Charo (with a quick shake of the chest). I was borrrn in Murcia, Spain (a double shake of the chest). . .

I weesh I cood be wiju at dis momen, but een a way Ijam, becoos the Internet carries di worrrds to my sungs, mi love por ju and mi missash to peepo dru-out di worrll.

Love porjever,

Charo

Hilarious SCD!!! You pretty much nailed the accent..my dad sounds JUST like that!

or Chood I sayee, "yes like dat"

T

SCD that is the funniest thing I have read all week. I am indebted to you porjever!

I was Charo for Halloween, but no-one knew who I was. Ah well!

TC

On 2002-09-04 22:42, TikiMel wrote:
GREAT thred, TC! But for some reason I cannot get the "Love Boat" theme song out of my head...

hmmm.... curious...

supposedly, there's going to be a loveboat movie & charo will be one of the guests!

coochy coochy coo!

Ay Coochi coochi! Well I'm not spanish but here is Anbrew Burns( Tiki Fiesta promoter) and me in the Aloha of Barcelona.

And these are the two bartenders at the Aloha. Now these guys are Spaniards.

[ Edited by: thechikitiki on 2004-04-05 13:29 ]

Pages: 1 16 replies