Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Celebrities?

Pages: 1 9 replies

Okay, so over in the Beyond Tiki forum we've been discussing one of my all-time favorite celebrities - Charo:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=993&forum=6&4 -

whom I would love to host as a performer or celebrity guest if I were the proprietor of a tiki bar.

Thinking of other celebrities whom I would love to host in my own tiki bar, Don Ho is another all-time fave!

What celebs would you like to see/host in your own dream tiki bar?

It'd be great to have Shag going from table to table offering to do tiki-themed charactures of the patrons.

H

For pure kitch factor, I'd have to go with Jack Lord (although Charo would also be right up there). From a more serious angle, I'd love to have Gabby Pahinui playing in the Humuhumu Room. Except for that he's dead. So he'd probably smell funny. And it might creep everyone out a little.

T

OK OK OK
Picture this
Pee-Wee Herman in a grass skirt
singing Tiny Troubles OK bubbles

Perry Como As the bartender/with Al K.
Daisey Duke cocktail waitress
Crazy Al as bouncer with ax
King Kuk on his Uke
Bong in the kitchen
Shag doin that art thing is the coolest thing I have ever heard
And I can do my Don Rickles show and piss everybody off
And Shely can sway us into an island trance

T

Baxdog,

I am a somewhat accomplished 'chef' you know! (H.Salt Fish & Chips 1975-77; Yum Yum Donuts 1977-1977 (short tenure); Weenie Barn 1977-Present).

T

Just please make sure you keep your weenie barn zipped up, thank you!

I remembered at ben's you were talking to someone about the H & H food and you sounded so pro, I knew then you were the chef kinda guy.
Damn it, this time I forgot to slam you?

T

Speaking of the humuhumu room, I have got to say, that is the coolest name EVER for a tiki bar.

Because, of course, it is onomatapoetic.

When my brother was a baby, he called my mom's sewing machine the 'zinzin' because that was the sound he thought it made - zinzinzinzinzinzinzin....

But humuhuma works just as well...

Johnny Rotten, Ted Nugent, King Ku Ku Lele & Ken Nordine!!!!

On 2002-09-07 00:55, tikifish wrote:
Speaking of the humuhumu room, I have got to say, that is the coolest name EVER for a tiki bar.

Because, of course, it is onomatapoetic.

When my brother was a baby, he called my mom's sewing machine the 'zinzin' because that was the sound he thought it made - zinzinzinzinzinzinzin....

But humuhuma works just as well...

Thank you so much! I like the name a lot, but it is a bit troublesome. It's hard for people to say, and hard for people to understand what I'm saying when I say it. Plus, it's almost unreadable in most really cool fonts, which breaks my heart as a die-hard fontmonger.

Uhhhhh.... topic. Walt Disney!

S

John Madden, NFL broadcaster, ex-coach, and mixologist!

At the Pro Bowl in Hawaii! Goes something like this...

"Uh, first ya got yer gold rum and ah, then ya get yer, dark err, your dark rum. Eer and then ya squish a lime in there er, and throw yer rock er, yer rock candy, and yer org - ette or orgot, aw hell, just throw it all in there, he-he, and, er and mix it all up and BOOM! Ya got yerself some kinda tiki drink..." :wink:

Pages: 1 9 replies