Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Dogtown & Malibu Tiki Sitings

Pages: 1 9 replies

Horizons surf shop in Santa Monica......

Private residence Malibu...

Not Tiki but love this sign.......

Enjoy......

Excellent photos, Bongofury.

Is Horizons surf shop in Sa Mo located on Main? I'll have to do a drive by when I check out the tiki scene at the Civic on Sunday at the Travel Store's travel show.

Is that Malibu residence located on PCH?

Horizons West Surf Shop (where the Zephyr shop used to be )is at 2011 Main St, just down the street from the Civic. There is a Tiki in the display window but the glare on the glass screwed up the shot.The residence is on PCH near the feed and tack store.

[ Edited by: bongofury on 2005-02-23 19:32 ]

Mahalo, Bongofury.

I love checking out tiki in ordinary, every day places.

T

Here's a circa 2002 photo from that residence of Marcus of Adrift. There's also some good cement tikis at the Oasis corner store further South on PCH from that residence. They always have animal rugs hanging, and antique furniture. I smell Luau at the Bongo residence? Hows the Lighted eye tiki Christiki?

Sad news......we drove by that malibu sign and they had painted over the Malibu Surf Company part of it.....

[i]On 2005-02-28 09:56, tikitony wrote:

Here's a circa 2002 photo from that residence of Marcus of Adrift. There's also some good cement tikis at the Oasis corner store further South on PCH from that residence.

I smell Luau at the Bongo residence?

Marcus' residence? I meant extraordinary!

Speaking of luau, BongoFury what is the name\website of the Ventura restaurant with the Hula?

(I want to check it out so I can schedule it as one of the places to take my new, glowing mondosized TikiTony tiki pendant.)

[i]On 2005-02-28 19:55, christiki295 wrote:

Speaking of luau, BongoFury what is the namewebsite of the Ventura restaurant with the Hula?

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=11530&forum=1

and, cortesy of Tikinews:

The Hong Kong Inn in Ventura offers a complimentary full hula show with dinner on Friday and Saturday) Second of all, you will be charged this fee even if you have already been there for a while and are just trying to finish your drink. The policy used to be that the waiter would not even notify you of the charge, they would simply add it to your bill, but enough people complained that now the waiter/waitress lets you know that if you stay you will have to pay $3.00 for nothing. In fact, you will have to pay $3.00 for something you probably would prefer not to have. The management is very adamant about the fee and adheres to it over the wishes of their customers – if you refuse to pay the $3.00 they will throw you out!

http://www.tikinews.com/suck/paradise.html

(My bad-posting without checking)

Bongofury:

Is it as good of a show at Sam's - meaning costumes, live accompaniment, hula from different cultures, i.e., Tahitian, Hawaiian, Maori?

And, most importantly, can one safely avoid the audience participation?

[ Edited by: christiki295 on 2005-02-28 20:35 ]

[ Edited by: christiki295 on 2005-02-28 23:25 ]

B

No cover.....just 20% higher on drinks. Live band, dances represent styles "as you travel the South Pacific", lots of costume changes. The kids are the best part. I haven't seen the show at Sam's (I got the flu the night of Kuke's party), but probably not as good. We enjoyed it anyway. No reservations required. There were only 5 or 6 tables of patrons, but the small bar area was pretty full.

Mahalo, Bongofury,

For the great Hong Kong Inn post and the hula recommendation.

Tony: I think you are right - it certainly appears that there is a possibility of a Ventura luau - we will have to find out come spring/summer!

PS- I checked out that larger than life Easter Island mural - love it!

Pages: 1 9 replies