- No discussing religion or politics or politically charged subjects. Tiki Central is not the place for this kind of discussion.
- Be polite. Please refrain from insults and name-calling. Be polite even if someone is insulting you or someone else "started it". If someone is really bothering you, then U-Mod or contact us, but be polite.
- No posting of fake or misleading information. This includes fake news, fake reviews, and fake information about products. From time to time Administrator/Proprietor needs to make a judgment call on what is fake or misleading information. The Administrator/Proprietor had always has final say, and the members of this site are expected to abide by the decisions made.
- Never threaten (seriously or jokingly) anyone with violence. Doing so may cause you to be banned from Tiki Central.
- Do not Troll. Trolling is the act of making comments specifically to irritate, inflame, or arouse anger in other users.
- Spamming (posting the same message in more than one forum, or posting unwanted advertising in the forums) is strictly prohibited and will not be tolerated.
- Do not cross-post. Posting the same message in more than one forum is considered spamming.
- Please sign up for a single account only. Do not use multiple accounts to mask your identity or appear as a different user.
- Do not be deceptive in your interactions with other users, especially in the area of who you know and who you don't know. If a family member, friend, or someone you know posts on Tiki Central, do not mislead others into believing you are strangers. This type of behavior is deceiving.
- Your account must be linked to a valid email address. If a moderator of Tiki Central needs to get a hold of you, we will try your registered email address.
- Avoid writing entire subject lines and messages using all-capital letters. It makes your posts harder to read.
- Do not resurrect locked topics by posting new ones. Locking occurs when moderators decide a topic should not be discussed anymore, and resurrecting is prohibited.
- If your topic gets moderated (locked, moved, edited), do not take it personally. Moderating is done to improve readability of the site and is not punishment.
- From time to time Administrator/Proprietor needs to make a judgment call on behavior not specifically covered in these rules. The Administrator/Proprietor had always has final say, and the members of this site are expected to abide by the decisions made.
- If you're not sure about these rules, or if you're crossing a line with a post, feel free to contact us.
Breaking of any of these rules or contributing to the disruption of the site may lead to loss of account functions, a repeal of your Grand Membership, temporary or permanent banning, or any other action the Proprietor of the site decides. Thank you for understanding.
Specific Forum Rules
Collecting Tiki Guidelines
- eBay Announcements no longer go in the Collecting Tiki forum. They belong in the Tiki Marketplace.
Tiki Marketplace Guidelines
- All classifieds, for-sale announcements, and eBay auctions are posted in the Tiki Marketplace forum.
- Please click the "This is an eBay Auction announcement" button above the subject field. This will let everyone know it's an auction.
- Include a link to the auction and the date the auction will be over.
- Don't just copy the eBay text; tell us why we'd be interested in it. Remember that the key to a successful auction is making it appeal to it's target audience, and Tiki Central members don't want to read impersonal announcements.
Tiki Events Guidelines
If you're posting an announcement for a Tiki Event, we ask you do the following:
- Post in the Tiki Events forum only.
- Include the date(s) of the event in the subject line.
- You can post a link to the announcement of the event in the Main forum for maximum exposure. Here's
how to do it:
- Posted your event announcement in the Events forum
- Once posted, view it and copy the link from your web-browser.
- in the main forum, create a new topic with the same subject line as the event.
- In the body of the message, put the link to the forum.
- DO NOT include the text from the event page. Doing so is considered spam.
Beyond Tiki & Bilge Guidelines
Please post non-Tiki messages that you think TC members will be interested in here. The Beyond Tiki forum is not a spamming area. Spamming will not be tolerated.