Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central 2.0 - The Beta / Changelog

Introducing Tiki Central 2.0!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 151 replies

After two long years of the site being dark, leevigraham and I are excited to announce the re-opening of Tiki Central!

The site is NOW LIVE for everyone to read!

The site has some new features:

• Profile Avatars
  • Better formatting for quotes
  • An easier way to format your posts via Markdown
  • Mobile viewing
  • Bigger image sizes
  • Easier image uploading
  • Pop ups for actions
  • NEW: Reactions for posts

Logging in (to post and reply) is currently limited to members who were listed as GRAND MEMBERS before the site went dark. You can reset your password and test your login.

Update: Everyone should be able to log in now!

A LOT of the site is new, and there are bound to be some bugs and quirks. Please bear with us while we work the knots out. If you find any bugs please post them in the Bugs Forum

On a personal note, I want to thank leevigraham for all the hard work he put into getting the site ship shape. It turned into a lot more work than both of us anticipated and he did an amazing job at rebuilding basically the entire site using modern web tools. It is truly a massive amount of work for him to tackle , and 100% I would not have been able to re-open the site without him.

Thanks for being patient, and for your continued support.

Okole Maluna!

Hanford

[ Edited by leevigraham on 2022-03-15 06:30:11 ]

[ Edited by hanford_lemoore on 2022-03-16 20:45:52 ]

What a ride. 2 years of communication, 4 weeks of non-stop development and Tiki Central is back online.

I'm so glad I could be involved in relaunching Tiki Central. Here's to another 20+ years.

622ff184bda10

[ Edited by leevigraham on 2022-03-14 19:19:26 ]

So exciting

J

Grateful in the extreme for all the hard work that has gone into this.

-J.

Thank you for working so hard to get this up and running again! I'm so glad Tiki Central is back!!!

H

Glad to be back.

Just a little update - if it looks like data is missing, it's because we changed the number of replies per page. So if you sense a drop in the page counts for certain topics, it is NOT missing replies. We just now have more replies per page, which will result in less pages!

[ Edited by hanford_lemoore on 2022-03-14 20:46:38 ]

What a great day for tiki lovers. Our favorite site is back up and the fun begins again. Thank you both for bringing back the best tiki site ever made. Cheers, Wendy and Dan

DZ

So glad to be back! Good job!

Welcome back, Tiki Central! Looking forward to seeing all the improvements, but most of all seeing old friends again. Many thanks to Hanford and Leevi. Cheers!

Welcome back!

I love seeing realllllly old school posters like Caber-Net, Doctor Z, and danlovestikis (as well as NEW old-school users like AceExplorer and Tiki-Atari) showing up!

[ Edited by hanford_lemoore on 2022-03-14 21:34:44 ]

T

Glad to be back - thanks for all the work! Mahalos X 10.

Thanks so much Hanford and Leevi for bringing TC back!! This site brought me so much joy and countless hours of entertainment, engagement, and education. I can’t wait to dig back in through these old threads and start new ones and reunite with old friends.

Excited to take another plunge....thanks for the dedication bringing it back... Cheers! BR

[ Edited by BambooRadley on 2022-03-14 22:17:27 ]

K

Congratulations to both of you for the revival. This was unexpected but a plus for 2022.

ZAZZ! EFFIN ZAZZ!

What a relief! Thanks for all the hard work.

M

Wow, it reads so elegant and well on the phone. Well done guys. Thank you for not giving up and all the hard work.

G

This Calls for a Luau... Set the Fires.... Tiki Central Lanterns are lit again !

Eric

Wow, it reads so elegant and well on the phone. Well done guys. Thank you for not giving up and all the hard work.

Thanks Mogambo.

hanford_lemoore and I discussed the importance of improving the reading experience on all devices.

Gone are signatures and large quote blocks in favour of linking to the post directly. There's more white space, font size has increased and line length is more comfortable for reading.

Having a mobile / responsive site also helps.

[ Edited by leevigraham on 2022-03-15 04:15:25 ]

Never doubted this day would come, but yet somehow I'm shedding a manly tear, in the kitchen, in joy at the return of Tiki Central

This is so rad! Welcome back!

Hello and thanks for sticking it out!!!

Thank you so much Leevi and Hanford for working so hard to bring back Tiki Central. It is a great heartwarming feeling to have the chance to connect with people again, thru TC !! Especially with everything going on in the world, it is a wonderful sight to behold !! Thank you both again!!

M

Aloha! Thank you Hanford & Leevi for all the hard work....It put a a big smile on my face to sign in & see the TC site again. Its like seeing a beloved long lost friend. Keep up the good work. Mahalo...Mele Ipo

So Happy, Thank You!!!

T

Mahalo Hanford and Leevi! Welcome back, all!

Thanks for putting in the hours and hard work. What fantastic news! :-)

Thank you for all the hard work. Days without Tiki Central posts to scroll through and enjoy were hard! Mai Tai's all around!!!

Awesome job you two!!

Long Live Tiki Central!!

(Weird cuz first thing I looked for was the “Like” button) 😂😂😜

Cheers!

Fan-freakin'-tasitc! Thanks Leevi & Hanford! Aloha, everybody!

Thank You, I’m super excited to be here once again!

E

Thank you to both of you for all your hard work and effort to bring the site back online! It's such a treasure to the community as a whole, and that's clear in the last 2 years, nothing has popped up to try and fill the void that was left. Keep on tiki'ing!

H
Hearn posted on Tue, Mar 15, 2022 1:58 PM

Woo Hoo!

Yippee!! My login worked! Thanks for all the hard work to bring this back again!

Yessssssssss! So excited Tiki Central is back! Thank you!!!!!

[ Edited by sneakytikigirl on 2022-03-15 14:33:50 ]

Looks and feels simply amazing! Thanks so much, Hanford and Leevi for the long hours of dedicated work.

It's great to be back home!!!

Mahalo!

CanNOT thank you folks enough!!! <3 <3 <3 I feel like somebody restored the Library at Alexandria!!

JB

Well...how's about that!

Mahalo!

Weird cuz first thing I looked for was the “Like” button

Reactions might make an appearance in the future. No promises.

Yay! Thank you!!

This makes me so very happy! Mahalos a plenty to Hanford and Leevi for all the hard work to get it restored!

S

wooohoo!!! So glad to have TC back! Thank you for all of the hard work <3

K

So thrilling to be logged back in! So grateful to Hanford and Leevi for all the work and effort that went in to the resurrection of the site. It looks great and seeing all the content and images again is a gift from heaven. I can’t stop smiling. Thanks for bringing this joy in to our lives!

T

That's insane! I'm so happy TC's back!

H
Hamo posted on Tue, Mar 15, 2022 7:36 PM

Aloha, Tiki people! It's magnificent to have Tiki Central back and to see so many people here already. Hanford and Leevi deserve three cheers and a Mai Tai--or maybe a Zombie, for bringing TC back from the dead.

Woohoo! I didn’t even realize I was a Grand Member. Thanks for bringing it back!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 151 replies