Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

new to the forum with some Q's...

Pages: 1 3 replies

hey all, i am new to the forum and was just wanting to some know some simple questions....

first, i have a project in my bedroom where i hung up a bunch of posterboard on my wall so i can draw something neat on it, like a mural.. i want something with tiki men in it, and a simple scenic/jungle beach scenic behind it, ideas??

also, i am wanting to get a tiki statue tattoo of a figuring i have, it has 3 tiki men on it, and to me it represents me, my mom, and my dad(passed away in 99). i have one on his headstone, and one in my room, but i thought itd be cool to get a tattoo of it. does anyone have some ideas of pictures with people with tiki tats? so i can get some ideas...

thanks for all of your help, and i hope my experience on the forum is well, see ya!!

Hey Chunky!
Welcome to TC - glad your interest is piqued.

Re: Q #1
I'd recommend getting ahold of The Book of Tiki, by Sven Kirsten. There are TONS of amazing images in there to inspire you. Paperbacks out on Amazon still.

Q#2
There's a "Search", um, thingy, up in the upper right hand corner here. Hit that, type in "tattoo" and you'll get TONS of gorgeous images. Kon-Hemsby has some nice ones on his guns :wink: .Tiki Kiliki has some eye-poppers - oh man, the list is too long. They say who their artisits were, too (both the designers and the inkers).

I love the idea of the representative tattoo. Beauty and meaning.
Formikahini

T

couldn't have said it better myself....

hey, im new to this site and this whole forum thing, cant wait to figure it all out! i recently started carving tikis and found this site doing a google search. im glad i did. anyways, just wanted to introduce myself!

Pages: 1 3 replies