Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

WAITIKI in Boston, Tampa, and Hukilau + NEW CD!

Pages: 1 15 replies

W

Aloha and Okonkuluku from WAITIKI in Hawaii!

A little update on shows, the new album and Hawaii!

2 evenings ago was the ceremony for the Hawaii Music Awards; we received an award for Exotica Album of the Year, and shared a table with some of exotica's first families: The Denny Family, Lyman Family, and other friends! We are very excited to have the exotica category introduced into the awards for the first time since the HMA began.

MORE NEWS:

• "Charred Mammal Flesh: Exotic Music for BBQ" is now available on iTunes! Visit http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewArtist?id=215154319 or iTunes (search WAITIKI)

• May/June: our NEW ALBUM -- "Rendezvous in Okonkuluku" -- arrives (produced by Br. Cleve) - brand new exotica for 2007!

• April 6 - we join Through the Keyhole Burlesque for a show in Jamaica Plain, MA (@ The Milky Way Lounge)

• May 12 - live in Tampa, FL! (Tropical Heatwave music festival)

• June 12- live @ Block Island Music Festival (Block Island, RI)

• June 15-16 - live @ The Hukilau tiki festival. This will be our Florida CD release party and we will join Robert Drasnin's Voodoo 2 band

We hope to see you soon at a show! See our site for more info.

Mahalo,
WAITIKI

Exotic Tiki-tainment from Polynesia and Beyond
http://www.waitiki.com

P

Waitiki in Tampa.
Yeah.
Luau time at the Lagoon.

T

Why wasn't the Mugs ask to play Tampa?

W

What's the Lagoon Pablus?

P

To answer the first question: The Mugs are no Waitiki. These guys are musicians. We're just players. Although we are going to beat them down at The Hukilau with our insane set. I'm going to spontaneously combust during the last tune. Should be a bloody good time. Tropical Heatwave is a big festival put on by 88.5 WMNF and it's a gas. They're always looking for good time bands and Waitiki is DEFINITELY one of best time bands out there. I saw Brave Combo there one year. Another serious contender for "most fun."

To answer the last question:

Lots more shots on this thread as you scroll down...

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=21155&forum=4&hilite=lagoon

You should plan an evening there either before or after the gig and we'll roll out the Tampa Tiki Welcome Wagon.
We shall sacrifice many melons.... and eat much flesh.

MH

Voodoo Lounge! Lovin' it ! Would sound great with Voodoo Love which perhaps we can sing while we're there and drink all of your rum - think you can keep up with WAITIKI!?

:wink:

mr ho

K

Guess I'll be making the trek to Tampa in May...

...is it May yet???

K.

J

I'll try and get out to see you guys on April 6th! If all else fails then a trip to Block Island may be in store as a backup. No Hukilau for me this year :(

Can't wait for the new album! My kids are driving me nuts with "the panda song" and the deck in the car is longing for some new tunes.

T

Good time band ....Go down to the 'Mons' get yourself a couple of dancers. Dress them up in grass skirts .. Good time band !!!!

W

So, FYI for anyone coming, I am told we are starting at 6pm on saturday in tampa at the Cuban Club Bandshell (I assume that means outside) . Not sure the grog scene, but I am sure there will be something interesting to drink somewhere :wink:

You should plan an evening there either before or after the gig and we'll roll out the Tampa Tiki Welcome Wagon.
We shall sacrifice many melons.... and eat much flesh.

I will tell my secretary to start making the plans, and to pack extra watermelons and virgins. We are so there!!!

whoa! i am so there. i had heard about this show, but not any of the lineup. must go.

hey anyone- what is the address of the cuban club?

W

http://www.waitiki.com/shows.cfm has map and details!

cool,-thanks

To all TC people, please PLEASE be sure to come up to us when you see us and introduce yourselves. We are delighted to meet you, but can't immediately connect the face with the handle. We will even make the effort to learn your real name! If you have one!

Pages: 1 15 replies