RIP Tiki Diablo. Share a memory, story, or a few words.
Tiki Central logo
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Vegas Vic's Tiki Lounge podcast - wha' happen'?

Pages: 1 2 50 replies

M
MrFab posted on Fri, Aug 21, 2026 8:54 PM

Does anyone have Vegas Vic's email?

I hate how licensing fees killed it off.

Where'd you hear that? My understanding was that life just got too busy for him to keep up with the podcast. I'm no expert, but podcast seem to skirt the licensing issue as they are not actually broadcast over the airwaves.

I do wish the full run was available somewhere. I enjoyed those available from Archive.org but the content is obviously incomplete.

M
MrFab posted on Tue, Sep 29, 2026 7:06 PM

Alas, those days are long gone: https://www.trackclub.com/resources/music-licensing-for-podcasts

'Yes, podcast music does need to be licensed, in most cases. Unless you are the musician and own all rights to your original work, you will need to obtain a podcast music license for any music that plays during your podcast."

Since I work at an actual radio station that pays huge fees to Big Music every year for the privilege of promoting their product, I can host shows like Vegas Vic, if he's still interested.

Pages: 1 2 50 replies