Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Jorongo Tequila Set and Orchids Of Hawaii Mugs

Pages: 1 6 replies

E

Can anyone tell me anything about the following items? The first is a tequila set made by Jorongo Tequila, it is about a half liter size and has four small mugs for doing shots.

These are three mugs that have a tiki on the front, a hatch pattern on the back, and are marked Orchids of Hawaii on the bottom

And these three have the same tiki on the front and back and no marking on the bottom

I am looking at posting these on ebay or the marketplace here if I can get any information on them or if there is interest in them.

Thanks in advance,

ekricket

[ Edited by: ekricket 2010-01-09 17:36 ]

My selfishness comes through as I think about giving information to help you sell these for the highest price when as a buyer I'd want you to sell them at the lowest price but then I don'r often buy on ebay so what difference should it make to me and the spirit of aloha is part of being on this board but does that really apply when we're talking about buying and selling as long as are honest?

The ones you have in mutiples we generally call lelani and most of us buy them for about a buck each. I have about 20. Search around TikiCentral and Ooga-Mooga for more and better information.

Best to you.

W

Agreed about the Leilanis: They're worth about a buck each. But as they're vintage one can always hype 'em up and hope to take in someone who doesn't know anything about Tiki mugs.

Thanks for the reply. I will try these on the Marketplace for a bit and then try ebay if there is no interest in them here.

Maybe I should list them as "Ultra-Rare, hard-to-find, unique, premium quality Tiki's?"

Actually the Jorongo set is the one that I don't know where to start at. Is it even considered Tiki you think?

[ Edited by: ekricket 2010-01-10 10:18 ]

List it under what ever you want, just don't make that apostrophe mistake in "Tikis", that always makes me cringe! :lol:

The Jorongo set looks to be of Mexican/Aztec origin & not Tiki, The Leilani mugs are very common and easy to find still, if someone sold these for more then a couple of dollars I would not even give them a second glance, Buzzy might know more,but doubt he will want to comment to a seller.

E

On 2010-01-10 18:39, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
The Jorongo set looks to be of Mexican/Aztec origin & not Tiki, The Leilani mugs are very common and easy to find still, if someone sold these for more then a couple of dollars I would not even give them a second glance, Buzzy might know more,but doubt he will want to comment to a seller.

lol, comment "to a seller". Is that such a bad thing? Where do most people get their things? I would just as easily trade, it is just easier to trade for cash as it is to get a list of the things someone might trade for. Or I could just as easily leave these things where I found them, hidden away in storerooms in Oklahoma, and someone who might possibly want or desire them would miss out. I brought a Mai Kai Don Q decanter back into the collecting world instead of leaving it in the basement of a movie house in Clayton New Mexico - I was fairly rewarded for doing it, and even though I "sold" it to someone I did not gouge them and I think they are mucho happy.
All I was looking for was some information and to see if there was interest in these things. Not could I "retire" selling these, and not how much should I hold out for. I see you find them useless, and if I find that is the common consent then I can trash them.

[ Edited by: ekricket 2010-01-12 17:39 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies